2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Is there a reason all those contingency sponsor stickers behind the front wheel have vanished over the years? Bring all those bad boys back and there would be no need for the change.
Less companies are signing on. I have to imagine it is strongly related to the multiple "title sponsors" for the Cup series.

If this can help bring in more big backers, then I’m all for it. Though, other circumstances ultimately killed the series, but the old ASA National Tour tried this in 2004, and I recall many blank cars running around Berlin Raceway that year.

Is there a reason all those contingency sponsor stickers behind the front wheel have vanished over the years? Bring all those bad boys back and there would be no need for the change.
They were removed so teams could sell that space. But a lot of teams just leave them blank/aren't able to find a buyer for that space.
Edit: Tree'd

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. So they free up space only to find out the teams can't fill the space due to lack of major sponsors. Brilliant.
Honestly, I think they were on their way out either way as unless you were specifically focused on that are you likely just glanced over the contingency section. This fact probably plays a roll in why teams don't get many sponsors for that area of the car, people are just so used to ignoring that portion of the car they don't notice when a sponsor actually buys that space.

No offense to Chastain, but I would have kept Kurt in the 1 car.
While I imagine they would like to keep a solid veteran around, I wonder if Kurt's already made a deal to run the second 23XI car? Denny is probably thinking the same thing.

They were small, optional end of season payouts and most of them only benefited the top teams anyway, because they were for esoteric things like "fastest pit crew" or "highest average qualifying position", stuff the smaller teams had no real chance of winning. They only put the decals on because NASCAR sent over a bag full of them every year and it was generally thought the car would have looked wrong without them.

When the 78 team decided they didn't want to give free advertising and went without them most of the smaller teams followed suit, and then other teams realized that was prime space for associate sponsors who would pay more than the chicken scratch that the contingencies did, so they just kinda dried up.

Last edited:
Round 13 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Watkins Glen is live now.

Edit: Fantastic race!

Last edited:
I pretty much think Kurt already has a ride lined up for 2022 with 23XI. That being said, it will make the NASCAR Bubba saga even more comical to watch when Kurt runs in the top 10 and Bubba is fighting for 29th with the Rick Ware drivers

Last edited:
I pretty much think already has a ride lined up for 2022 with 23XI. That being said, it will make the NASCAR Bubba saga even more comical to watch when Kurt runs in the top 10 and Bubba is fighting for 29th with the Rick Ware drivers
You're pretty optimistic aren't you?

Man that's frustrating, you gotta wonder if it's worth cheating sometimes? had the #9 not have been penalized it probably would have been an easy day. Thanks a bunch Mr.Gustafson

Last edited:
Put the race on while packing for a trip tomorrow. Missed some parts, and was hoping to see a close battle at the end, but the race was alright.

Hard to believe that the oldest of the trio, Ned Jarrett, is the last one standing. Hope Bob has met up with BP up there.

HARD. PASS.

They have the audacity to make us wait until October 28th and there won't even be a next gen version on day one? When the new consoles have been out almost a year??? No Thanks.

Last edited:
Why are fans on twitter photoshopping pictures of Disney characters on Hendrick drivers? I know it's supposed to be an insult, but why Mickey Mouse characters?

Back