2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Not the HMS penalty I thought they would announce but it’s a start lol
I didn’t even know a driver could be disqualified for a lug nut infraction. How the hell did Elliott have five lugs loose on one wheel, and it not fall off?

Edit: For those out of the loop:

Last edited:
I didn’t even know a driver could be disqualified for a lug nut infraction. How the hell did Elliott have five lugs loose on one wheel, and it not fall off?

Edit: for those out of the loop:
They started doing that a couple years ago after teams complained about them doing the opposite with the hands off lugnut tightening approach. The wheel is probably luck since teams could keep them on with 2 or 3 nuts.

They started doing that a couple years ago after teams complained about them doing the opposite with the hands off lugnut tightening approach. The wheel is probably luck since teams could keep them on with 2 or 3 nuts.
I know about the monetary penalties for loose lugnuts, I just can't remember anyone being completely disqualified over it.

Edit: For those out of the loop:
LOL what a rollercoaster of a season.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and infos about the Pocono race. I still have to call the track about on-track action/schedule beyond the races. As I don't follow NASCAR, merchandise isn't really for me and my music taste may not be quite compatible with the concerts provided. Camping isn't an option for us, we're too lazy and like the comfort - it certainly doesn't help that up until COVID I traveled a lot and have a sizable amount of Marriott point and rather stay in one of their hotels (let's not even mention that we don't have any camping gear :) ) + the track is about 70 miles from us, it's not an issue driving back and forth. For us food is also a concern due to allergy (sort of). Karting would be something I would be absolutely interested in but I just had a surgery on my hand and I even had to give the keys to our lawn mover tractor (John Deere FTW) to my wife for a few weeks :)

I'm also worried a bit about the weather and don't want to rush to buy tickets, will see.

Just got around to watching the race today. My goodness, Larson. I'm getting 1998 Jeff Gordon vibes from him. Will he match Gordon's 4 straight wins? (Yes, technically he's already matched it with the All Star Race win in there, but it's not a points paying race)

As for Elliott, I know they wanted to punish them for the so many loose lugs with the DSQ, but I find it odd they would take away his stage win and playoff point as well.

Round 10 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Pocono Raceway starts in 30 minutes.

Just got around to watching the race today. My goodness, Larson. I'm getting 1998 Jeff Gordon vibes from him. Will he match Gordon's 4 straight wins? (Yes, technically he's already matched it with the All Star Race win in there, but it's not a points paying race)

As for Elliott, I know they wanted to punish them for the so many loose lugs with the DSQ, but I find it odd they would take away his stage win and playoff point as well.
It's all about Kyle Larson now. I've seen this movie with Jeff Gordon replaced by Jimmie Johnson at HMS. 1-2 loose lug nuts is a mistake. 5 loose lug nuts is an intent.

Good ole' Pocono this weekend! Fun to race on the game, boring as 💩 to watch on TV. Coinciding with the fact that the race will likely be dominated by Hendrick's Goldenboy I'll happily skip this one. Can't wait for the upcoming road courses though!

Last edited:
Good ole' Pocono this weekend! Fun to race on the game, boring as 💩 to watch on TV. Coinciding with the fact that the race will likely be dominated by Hendrick's Goldenboy I'll happily skip this one.
On the bright side, at least both Pocono races this year will be on the same weekend. I think it will also be worth watching just to see how the teams handle the double header.
Can't wait for the upcoming road courses though!
Neither can I, hopefully NASCAR can put on a good show at Road America like IndyCar and IMSA do.

It certainly seems to be less and less of a rumor each day, once it's finally announced it will be interesting to see how fast things start moving with all the other potential moves.

Justin Allgaier will be driving the 77 in today's Cup race substituting for Justin Haley.

Back