2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Interesting race. A bunch of playoff drivers had some sort of trouble.

Hated to see McDowell wreck. He's a long shot anyway, but now he's probably done.

Had an absolute blast yesterday! Will definitely be going back next year. Race was fantastic. Lot’s of action from start to finish! Sucks that Byron wrecked out after working so hard to recover from the early race incident with Bowman. The last corner move by Larson was one of the coolest things I’ve seen in racing. Shame the move didn’t pay off but the crowd went nuts for it!
9EFFBA30-300A-4A41-B5F5-CC9F574FBA6A.jpeg2296C30F-0DB5-4ED4-A64A-E241A097CE82.jpeg
D8301536-FFEA-40F6-B27E-D28994735D08.jpegB9AD5C63-06B9-41BD-A45D-79E1C6EFE1F2.png26537BA8-A651-4074-BE5F-30BD74FF9640.jpeg30A0D8A6-8EE3-4F60-A172-618164EF9A61.png4F6821DB-0F3F-4C34-9936-D802C2C0E74B.jpeg8A5D3824-1E2F-482D-8482-0DFB2E2D4776.png495EF7F9-8AA1-4756-8BED-292F37F8ABD7.jpeg

Last edited:
Beard Motorsport will be making another attempt at the 500 next year, the most noteworthy part about this announcement though is we get to see a scheme with the number placement that isn't just flat black.

Beard-Motorsports-2022-Car-Design.jpg

Honestly, it's already growing on me, it will be interesting to see how teams like Penske that have a pretty set scheme work with the new placement.

Also, Kyle Busch has been fined $50,000 for the way he drove into the garage.

Last edited:
Kyle Busch has been fined $50,000 for the way he drove into the garage.
It's a good thing the race was on a cable station, otherwise he might have the FCC coming after him for the two s-bombs he dropped during his interview.

Round 16 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Bristol Motor Speedway is starting now. This is race 2 in the 1st of 2 rounds of the Playoffs. After tonight only 2 races remain in the season.

I've been to a lot of MTEG Stadium Trucks back in the 80s and Supercross races in the early 90s at the LA Colosseum as a kid. I may check it out if I have time. It's only about an hour and a half drive for me.

Now I’m confused. Are they just gonna pave over the entire field for the race, then tear it all up for football? Wild.
33BEB827-CFD2-44CE-8AA8-373E59EBA8FC.jpeg

Last edited:
The 2021 Clash will be held at the Los Angeles Memorial Colosseum.

Also, the full season schedule for next year should be released tomorrow.
But mah tradition!

I'm interested to see how it turns out, certainly can't be any more boring than the Clash has been in recent history. It does suck that they were already selling tickets to the Daytona Clash though, hopefully they've already started issuing refunds.

Now I’m confused. Are they just gonna pace over the entire field for the race, then tear it all up for football? Wild.
View attachment 1080375
I think they put dirt or something else on the field than pave over that. For how often RoC and other series' have done it you'd think it would be easier to find some behind the scenes stuff on the process but I didn't have any luck.

Race_of_Champions_circuit_2015.jpg

2022 Schedule is out.

Actually disappointed that the series is not running the Daytona RC anymore as I enjoyed that curveball. (Indianapolis means the Road Course; they just didn't type it in the tweet).

Last edited:
...because that's not in the middle of a county with 10m people a week prior to the Superbowl when all media will be there already?
🤣 Thanks man and makes sense now. Shows how much I keep up with the NFL, I had no clue.
It will be interesting to see how they prep that for both events.

🤣 Thanks man and makes sense now. Shows how much I keep up with the NFL, I had no clue.
It will be interesting to see how they prep that for both events.
NASCAR in the old stadium, Super Bowl in the shiny new stadium.

Apparently NASCAR learned their lesson and moved the Bristol Dirt race to night. I know quite a few people have complained about it being on Easter weekend, but I don't think it will cause too many issues.

In other news, StarCom has confirmed they will shut down after Phoenix, their 90's clip art logo will be missed.

https://www.jayski.com/2021/09/15/starcom-racing-crew-member-confirms-team-shutdown/

Now we just need Rick Ware to make good on his recent comments and start putting some effort into his team so we can have a field with no field filler teams.

I wish they would replace a Kansas race with Chicagoland, so I can attend races again. Really worried about the future of the Joliet track now.

Not all that shocked that the Chicago street race won't become a reality, at least for '22. I watched the iRace there and it wasn't very good. Plus it goes around Grant Park and there's a lot of other stuff there that Chicagoans care more about than Nascar. Plus I'm not sure our politicians would allow it.

We were trying to get tickets for the Bristol dirt race, but with the move to night and Easter weekend, we may forget that one.

As someone who regularly visits WWTR and it being 25 minutes from me, I'm excited. 🙂

Back