2021 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 416 comments
Steelers at Vikings coming up in mere moments. Whomever loses this one may have their postseason hopes dashed. If they tie, that will be a new can of worms for both teams. Enjoy tonight's action should you be watching or following.

Yeah. Demaryius Thomas used to play for the Houston Texans, so this is a sad loss for us.

I hope you all get to enjoy the upcoming slate of games. Even if your team no longer is in the playoff race (like my Houston Texans), still get to enjoy some NFL football today and tonight.

Another fail by the 2021 Houston Texans. In the latest "is this season over yet?" fail, we lost 33-13 hosting the (then) 4-8 Seattle Seahawks. Davis Mills was endorsed by HOU coach David Culley as their best option moving forward. While Mills did complete a bunch of passes early, he basically fell apart since. This three-game home stand ends up as a failing one, and the Texans are now 2-11 on the 2021 NFL season.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're at one of the teams we've beaten this season- the Jacksonville Jaguars, who got smacked at Tennessee 20-0 today. Game is next Sunday in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week! Great shame Houston is among the losers (again)...

45-30 was the score in the Frozen Tundra as the Green Bay Packers knocked off the Chicago Bears at home.

Rams at Cardinals TONIGHT!

Monday Night Football this time around involves two potent challengers in the NFC. More importantly, the NFC West is in vogue and on display with two teams with great records. We have the 8-4 Los Angeles Rams (2nd in the NFC West) ready to tangle with the 10-2 (AFC West leading) Arizona Cardinals. That's right- a combined record of 18-6. So this is no game between two "who cares?" teams. More people are invested with the Cardinals than the Rams. However, a win by the Los Angeles Rams can get some people to think again. We'll see who comes out of the Desert with a win in this crucial NFC West tilt tonight!

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: ARI (-2.5)
OVER/UNDER: 51 points

I hope you all get to enjoy tonight's Monday Night Football if you will be watching or following.

Your winners from the latest Monday Night Football were the Los Angeles Rams, winning 30-23 at the Arizona Cardinals.

The season is winding down! Week 15 of this inaugural 17-game season is this week, and here are some of the many matches slated for this week:

• NE Patriots at IND Colts
  • CAR Panthers at BUF Bills
  • ARI Cardinals at DET Lions
  • NYJ Jets at MIA Dolphins
  • DAL Cowboys at NYG Giants
  • WAS {Football Team} at PHI Eagles
  • HOU Texans at JAX Jaguars
  • CIN Bengals at DEN Broncos
  • NO Saints at TB Buccaneers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • MIN Vikings at CHI Bears (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Enjoy this week's action! As of now, no teams have clinched any postseason berths; though if Arizona defeated the Los Angeles Rams last night, they would have secured a postseason berth. So teams still in the playoff mix still have a lot to play for. That is granted you aren't teams that have been eliminated (officially or unofficially)- like the Texans, Jaguars, Lions, and countless other teams so far...

As if the upcoming game between the Houston Texans at the Jacksonville Jaguars become even more of the "Toilet Bowl," Urban Meyer is done. I actually think the Jaguars are in deeper crap than my Texans.

As far as teams that actually still stand a chance (unlike HOU or JAX), the AFC West is in vogue tonight as the Kansas City Chiefs meet the Los Angeles Chargers. That is followed up by two games this Saturday. Enjoy this week of action!

In Inglewood, California; it was 34-28 as the Kansas City Chiefs won in Overtime at the Los Angeles Chargers last night. The next set of games for this week happen this Saturday on NFL Network.

A number of games have been shuffled around thanks to recent rises in COVID-19/Coronavirus cases. Some games have been moved to Monday or Tuesday.

AND. OR. What am I blabbering about? Well, with Playoffs positioning on the line, some teams need to lose for your beloved team to make the playoffs. That is... if your team hasn't been eliminated from the postseason (like HOU at JAX that I am watching while typing this up). Your team has to win, and/or some other teams have to lose or win to gain postseason berths. Help your playoff cause if you have hope!

Enjoy today's games!

Last edited:
In a game I nicknamed the "Toilet Bowl," the Houston Texans downed the Jacksonville Jaguars 30-16 in Jacksonville. Davis Mills picks up his first win as the Texans' quarterback. It was a game where both teams would be losers regardless of who won (or in the case of a tie). Still, we managed to escape Jacksonville with a win. We also managed to score our first kickoff return for a touchdown since 2009 against the (then) Oakland Raiders. A late 44-yard touchdown by Brandin Cooks sealed the deal late. Okay- it was the Jacksonville Jaguars, but a win is a win. While my Texans are bad, the Jaguars are much worse all things considered. So we sweep the Jags for 2021 and improve to 3-11 on the season.

Up next for the Houston Texans... the penultimate home game of the 2021 season involves the Texans hosting the Los Angeles Chargers.

Congratulations to all of this week's winners! That even include the Detroit Lions feasting on Arizona Cardinal meat in Detroit.

I met up with my brothers at Bdubs to watch the Bengals face off against Denver. It wasn't pretty, but it was a 15-10 win nonetheless. We were keeping an eye on the GB/Baltimore game at the same time. The Packers squandered their lead at the end of the game, but Baltimore went for 2 instead of tying up the game and going to OT. They failed. That means Cincinnati has taken over the lead of the AFC North with an even 8-6 record with the Ravens. The schedule doesn't let up though, with next week's game against those Ravens, followed by the Chiefs and finally a trip to Cleveland to top off the year. So it will probably be short lived on the top of the heap.

Last edited:
You know, Dolph Drago, I was going to ask if you think the Bengals can win the AFC North. Good job for Cincy to take the AFC North lead. Better play hard to keep that AFC North lead. Cheers!

Any given Sunday, GTPlanet. Any given Sunday... no one expected the Detroit Lions to stun the Arizona Cardinals yesterday. And who 'dat say 'dey gon' beat dem' Saints? Well, Tampa Bay said they would. The New Orleans Saints marched into Tampa Bay and beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9-0. This caps off a most interesting week of NFL football.

Raiders at Browns and Vikings at Bears both TONIGHT!

Due to games getting shuffled around thanks to the recent spike in COVID-19/Coronavirus cases, this Monday Night has two games on the docket. Both games to be held in the Midwest.

The game moved up to Monday involves the Las Vegas Raiders at 6-7 look to get above .500, but the 7-6 Cleveland Browns won't make like easy for the Raiders. We'll see who comes out of this one with a win.

The game originally slated for this Monday Night is a Midwestern clash between two of the most storied franchises in the NFL. Longtime rivals, the Minnesota Vikings (6-7) and the Chicago Bears (4-9) will tussle at lovely Soldier Field in Chicago. They played each other many times for decades. How will this one end up? Find out tonight!

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED (LV at CLE): LV (-1.5)
OVER/UNDER (LV at CLE): 40.5 points

FAVORED (MIN at CHI): MIN (-6.5)
OVER/UNDER (MIN at CHI): 45 points

Enjoy tonight's action!

Let's talk about the new week. The reason why I didn't post my usual Tuesday schedule posts is because we had games on Tuesday that were moved, and I don't post about the upcoming week until all games from the previous week are played. So let's talk about this upcoming week of NFL football. But first, let's talk about teams that are IN! Here are the current list of Playoff teams as of the time of this post:

--- Who's IN! (as of December 22, 2021) ---
...AFC East Champions...
...AFC North Champions...
...AFC South Champions...
...AFC West Champions...
...NFC East Champions...
...AFC Wild Card 1...
...AFC Wild Card 2...
Green Bay (NFC North Champions)
...NFC South Champions...
...NFC West Champions...
...NFC Wild Card 1...
...NFC Wild Card 2...

Many of the upcoming games are as follows (pending any delays):

• SF 49ers at TEN Titans (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • CLE Browns at GB Packers
  • IND Colts at ARI Cardinals
  • DET Lions at ATL Falcons
  • BAL Ravens at CIN Bengals
  • BUF Bills at NE Patriots
  • JAX Jaguars at NYJ Jets
  • LAC Chargers at HOU Texans
  • DEN Broncos at LV Raiders
  • {Washington} at DAL Cowboys (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • MIA Dolphins at NO Saints (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Keep on playing hard if your team still has a chance of making the postseason! If already in, sweeten the offer.

Enjoy this upcoming week of action!

This new week begins tonight with the San Francisco 49ers playing at the Tennessee Titans. Enjoy tonight's game if you will be watching or following.

Merry Christmas, GTPlaneteers! This Christmas:

• CLE Browns at GB Packers
  • IND Colts at ARI Cardinals

Be sure to enjoy today's action as you are hopefully enjoying your Christmas gifts!

Packers play another uneven game & squeak out another win in the dying minute of the game. Cardinals are bludgeoned by Jonathan Taylor & the Colts. Interesting games in the developing race for for league MVP.

Came across this illuminating comment on the Fox News website from someone who calls themselves "FamilyFaithAndFreedom":

"Time to stop pretending. Have some principles, for Christ’s sake! Today the NFL hates America. Move them to China where they belong. Sure, I used to watch them like most people. But since they stopped respecting our country, I shut them off for good. These racists, traitors and hypocrites make me sick. I don’t miss football one bit!!! Stop supporting these Marxists! Stop excusing them. Stop giving them your money!" :rolleyes:

The Houston Texans took on the Los Angeles Chargers today in Houston. Playing for their playoff lives, the Chargers needed a win. I apologize to Chargers Nation, but it didn't happen. Houston downed the Chargers 41-29. It's the first time in what seems like forever that the Texans string together a series of wins. Davis Mills continues to show improvement, but the real MVP of this game was Rex Burkhead. He accounted for 100+ yards of rushing along with some touchdowns. Knowing 2021 is a totally lost cause, the Texans played like they still were playing for their playoff lives. Defense was stout for the Texans with some interceptions forced along with a fumble recovery. They end 2021 with a win. Can they start 2022 with a win when they are at the San Francisco 49ers next Sunday? We shall see!

Congratulations to all other winners from this week! Who angered the Cincinnati Bengals today, eh? Let us know how your team(s) did this week.

Last edited:
Earlier in the season, Cincinnati put up 41 on the Ravens. Today the Bengals played Baltimore and put up...41 points. I was not expecting that at all. I don't think anyone was. It's a huge win and one more step towards potentially taking the AFC North for real. The end of the season doesn't let up with the Chiefs next and the closer at Cleveland, so the final two weeks will still be nerve wracking. A KC win against Pittsburgh today would help ease those nerves somewhat. As I write, the Chiefs are up on the Steelers 23-0 at half time. Holy crap!

@JohnBM01, Rex Burkhead is a great guy. He was a solid change-of-pace back when he was with Cincy. I hope he continues to play well for your Texans.

Your winner of last night's Washington at the Dallas Cowboys match was Dallas, convincingly winning at home 56-14.

Dolphins at Saints TONIGHT!

The final Monday Night Football of 2021 is a battle of two American Southeast teams. We have the AFC East's Miami Dolphins marching into New Orleans, wondering if dey' 'gon beat dem New Orleans Saints of the NFC South. Both teams are 7-7 on the season. Both teams have had great wins and disappointing losses. Who will be the better of these two teams? Find out tonight on Monday Night Football!

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: MIA (-3)
OVER/UNDER: 37.5 points

Should you be following or watching, enjoy this Monday Night Football match!

The hottest team in the NFL right now is the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins smashed the New Orleans Saints 20-3 in New Orleans to extend their winning streak to seven straight wins.

Normally, Week 17 marks the end of the season. Well, we play a 17-game season, so this is the penultimate (or next-to-last) week of the season. Let's take a look at some of the upcoming games for Week 17:

• ATL Falcons at BUF Bills
  • NYG Giants at CHI Bears
  • KC Chiefs at CIN Bengals
  • TB Buccaneers at NYJ Jets
  • HOU Texans at SF 49ers
  • LAR Rams at BAL Ravens
  • ARI Cardinals at DAL Cowboys
  • DET Lions at SEA Seahawks
  • MIN Vikings at GB Packers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • CLE Browns at PIT Steelers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Let's update the playoff races. Who's IN!? Here are the ones currently in the Playoffs for this season:

--- Who's IN! (as of: December 28, 2021) ---
...AFC East Champions...
...AFC North Champions...
...AFC South Champions...
Kansas City (AFC West Champions)
...AFC Wild Card 1...
...AFC Wild Card 2...
Dallas (NFC East Champions)
Green Bay (NFC North Champions)
Tampa Bay (NFC South Champions)
...NFC West Champions...
Los Angeles Rams (lead NFC West)
...NFC Wild Card 2...

In the race for the top NFL Draft pick, Detroit is still leading that. Jacksonville and Houston are 2nd and 3rd at present.

Enjoy Week 17!

NFL legend and icon John Madden, has died at age 85. He was great as a coach and as a broadcaster. His namesake even graces the EA Sports Madden NFL games. My condolences go out to all whom have known and loved him. How will YOU remember John Madden?

HAPPY NEW YEAR, GTPlaneteers! Get ready for all of today's games. A moment of silence before each game will be held in loving memory of John Madden.

We held down the San Francisco 49ers for the first half. Didn't do anything much since. We failed again. This time, 23-7 in Santa Clara. Final game of the season is hosting the Tennessee Titans.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week! Also congratulations to all who got playoff berths!

Bengals are winning a playoff game this year if no one gets injured or COVID, maybe even the super bowl.
I'd love that, but I'm just waiting for Burrow to get his knee blown out again. Nice avatar by the way.

Also, some impressive stats:
Future HOF.jpg

Last edited:
Back