2021 NTT Indy Car SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 291 comments
Here are the results of Carb Day: https://racer.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/85/2021/05/indycar-results-pf.pdf
They indicate the advantage held by Honda during qualifying has vanished. The conditions have turned cool and windy, supposed to be a further indication the racing will be close and even tomorrow. There's probably going to be some clumsy blocking and short tempers, so yellow flags are likely, IMHO. Will there be a strong fan turnout? I think so. Will the coming men defeat the veterans? Ordinarily I would think not. But conditions may be favorable for an upset!

It's shaping up to be one heckuva race this year. The Honda engine seems to only have a big advantage over the Chevy's at more or less full RPM and at qualifying (and road course) boost levels, so that Carb Day with things dialed back a bit was a bit closer wasn't really that surprising, but of course Dixon still in full annihilation mode wasn't either. With a bunch of fast guys having to come through the field to get to the front, this is going to be exciting. Or really ugly. It'll be a good one either way!

Can't wait to watch tomorrow!

Last edited:
It's shaping up to be one heckuva race this year. The Honda engine seems to only have a big advantage over the Chevy's at more or less full RPM and at qualifying (and road course) boost levels, so that Carb Day with things dialed back a bit was a bit closer wasn't really that surprising, but of course Dixon still in full annihilation mode wasn't either. With a bunch of fast guys having to come through the field to get to the front, this is going to be exciting. Or really ugly. It'll be a good one either way!

Can't wait to watch tomorrow!
Dixon is suffering a persistent head cold, which is unhelpful. He may not be at his very best tomorrow. "All will be well", I tell myself over and over again. In Sato and Rahal I trust. :nervous:

This race will mark the end of a technological era at Indy, as next year we get ~1000 hp and ground effects!

Time for the biggest race of the year. And it’s looking like it’s gonna be a good one! Hope everyone enjoys the 105th Running of the Indianapolis 500!

Hyped! Go, go Sato! Or Kanaan, would be nice to see good guy Tony pick up a second win as well. Or my countrymen, of course!

Seeing all those people having a good time with no masks is making me jealous. Meanwhile we are still in lockdown here.

Heartbreak for Wilson. Locked up the rears entering the pits and spun into the pit wall. He had worked so hard to get an opportunity in that car, and his race is over before the first stop.

Trouble for Dixon!! Car not refireing after running out of fuel!! The favorite to win might be out of contention. Already 1 lap down.

Edit: NO! Same problem for Rossi!

Last edited:
This is looking like Helio’s best chance to win in the past couple years.

Last edited:
Hey, GTPlaneteers!

Seeing this race under sunny skies and with lots of fans in the stands, it seems very normal. Overall, I'm impressed with the 2021 Indy 500 and how it's paced. Enjoying this year's race!

I really want to know where that tire wound up cause that thing clearly went some distance after it went over the fence.

There was a shot of it on the trackside grass not far from the car. I guess it bounced off the debris fence back towards the track.

Back