2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
Is Australia like the only country in the world where two teams with two different manufactures run the same major sponsor? I feel like it only happens there. :lol:

There has to be other instances, surely? It's a weird phenomenon if there isn't. :lol:

Kostecki car looks cool. Seem to have kept that pattern thing from the test car. Wonder if it will end up on WB's car too?

Is Australia like the only country in the world where two teams with two different manufactures run the same major sponsor? I feel like it only happens there. :lol:
There was a Red Bull BMW and Audi in DTM at one point but I don't know if that is still a thing or not.

It does seem to have happened a bit in Supercars thought. The Perkins/Longhurst Castrol cars stand out.

Bass Pro Shops sponsors both a Chevrolet and a Toyota in the Cup series.

GettyImages-1273564980-scaled.jpg

Did anyone sign up for SuperView on YouTube? Practice 1 should be going right now and I'm not seeing the video link in my subscriptions or on their channel anywhere.

Edit: Found it.

Last edited:
:odd: Even looks like Frosty driving (just now in first practice).

Awkward. :lol:

Hopefully they change the team names from red to something that's easier to read.
Edit: And Will, I mean Frosty, or is it Wi... the WD40 car is in the wall :sly:

Looks like a lot of work ahead for the Erebus crew. That thing went in hard. :crazy:

Last edited:
It’s really going to be hard to pick a favourite for the weekend after the first qualifying session. It’s a real mixed bag with quite a few drivers right up there pulling off some impressive laps.

That delay with the timing results on the on screen graphics is really bugging me though.

That delay with the timing results on the on screen graphics is really bugging me though.
Yep, so slow it missed most of the information.

Another thing bugging me is Skaife's always saying there was controversy regarding the Whincup crash last year at Mt. Panorama. Hot tip Mr. S, there wasn't! Brodie Kostecki had every right to defend his position. Whincup just made an error in judgement.

So I guess that answers two question, Lowndes will be driving other teams cars and while wearing his T8 race suit. He wouldn't me driving mine if I owned a team and he certainly wouldn't be wearing the wrong sponsors gear, that's just taking the piss.

What's wrong with the Supercars official race suit?

Not this years but...
Larko-4.jpg

Think Waters is going to be hard to beat. Rain on the forecast could mix things up though.
and while wearing his T8 race suit.

That's what's bothering me. As you said, he should at least have a Supercars race suit.

Wouldn't be surprised if Slade's car is done for the weekend. Looked like a massive amount of damage. Such a shame, he hadn't put a foot wrong all weekend.

Also, bring the old graphics package back if the new isn't going to work for the most of the race.

Last edited:
I really hope they get the YouTube side of streaming worked out as it’s been a mess so far. I haven’t received notifications for any stream so far as they seemingly started streaming months ago, so to even find the stream I have to search through old videos, and the replay for yesterday’s action has been blocked by a Rugby league for some reason. :odd:

I really hope they get the YouTube side of streaming worked out as it’s been a mess so far. I haven’t received notifications for any stream so far as they seemingly started streaming months ago, so to even find the stream I have to search through old videos, and the replay for yesterday’s action has been blocked by a Rugby league for some reason. :odd:
I've had to go to their main channel to get to the video. And it's usually labelled weird, not specific to what's actually happening. I find that members only content doesn't show up in your subscription feed unfortunately.

Think Mostert was lucky to get away with that shootout lap. Really lose coming down the mountain. Going to be an interesting race if Waters and Anton don't strike trouble again.

These graphics are doing my head in, they didn’t show who had pitted until everyone had, so there’s no point then. And has anyone else noticed how they flicker constantly?

Largely uneventful race. Waters is the biggest threat to SVG. Don't think that Mostert and Anton are quite there yet.
These graphics are doing my head in, they didn’t show who had pitted until everyone had, so there’s no point then. And has anyone else noticed how they flicker constantly?

Graphics were a hell of a lot more reliable than yesterday, at least. Hopefully they can work out the issues and improve a few things for Sandown.

Back