2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
A bit boring to honest, and with such a striking combination of colours they should have been able to do better. It really wouldn't be hard to make those cars look fast while standing still. Also interesting that Jacobson has more sponsors so far.

MHM_3896_19_22.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/02/12/supercars-to-unleash-lowndes-in-new-tv-role/

I have mixed feelings about this.

This bit I'm all for as I think he did a great job with this type of piece last year...
Lowndes’ will now focus primarily on colour stories, looking at the historical roots of the sport through cars, circuits, and people.

This bit I'm not so sure on...
“We’re going to unleash Craig to do what Craig does best, and that’s drive race cars. Craig is going to do all of our track previews. He’s going to drive other people’s race cars.
If it's purely historic cars then no worries but if it was any current car for any current team and they said to me ''let this contracted Triple 8 driver have a flog of your car'' I'd promptly lift the rude finger and tell them where to go!

Edit: Also, remember when Barbagello was resurfaced and Lowndes and Skaife went out and did multiple laps in at least one T8 car? This sort of thing should not be allowed under any circumstances. He's a contracted driver FFS!!!

Last edited:
This bit I'm all for as I think he did a great job with this type of piece last year...

Definitely. He's a lot better suited to this than pitlane reporting. Though I am going need more info too on the track previews with "other peoples cars". If it is indeed other competitors cars. Will he have a special broadcast racesuit and helmet for it? Because it's going to look weird if he's driving say, the Monster car in his Red Bull gear.

Last edited:
Definitely. He's a lot better suited to this than pitlane reporting. Though I am going need more info too on the track previews with "other peoples cars". If it is indeed other competitors cars. Will he have a special broadcast racesuit and helmet for it? Because it's going to look weird if he's driving say, the Monster car in his Red Bull gear.
For sure, that's why I mentioned historics, as they mentioned him doing historical stories as well. If he's blasting around describing the track in DJ's Sierra or in LP's old VP then great, but what worries me is that they've done this sort of thing before with Lowndes and Skaife driving other peoples cars (they also did it with Ingall). It didn't look good then and it won't look good now. And then there was the free test session T8 got at Barbagallo that I previously mentioned (I think it was about an eight lap head start T8 had on everyone else set-up wise).

Have say that Frosty's ride looks the goods. All the sponsors fit together real nicely, even the green Bunnings logo doesn't look too out of place. I'm liking it.

IRWINRacing_2021-2.jpg

Last edited:
Have say that Frosty's ride looks the goods. All the sponsors fit together real nicely, even the green Bunnings logo doesn't look too out of place. I'm liking it.

IRWINRacing_2021-2.jpg
I'm glad you put that ''too'' in when mentioning out of place because that's exactly what I was thinking... but those damn red mirrors again, we need a road course now*, that'll fix 'em :sly:

* Oh wait, we had a rather excellent one as season opener. Thanks for nothing Steven Marshall. :grumpy:

but those damn red mirrors again

Yeah, what is it with the red mirrors. It seems like half the field has them. Must be the it thing. :crazy:
* Oh wait, we had a rather excellent one as season opener. Thanks for nothing Steven Marshall. :grumpy:

Watching a couple of the old Adelaide races on Youtube across the weekend. I already miss that track. :indiff:

Last edited:
I still really like the looks of this car. It's pretty much the same as last year but this is a case of ''if it ain't broke'' in my eyes and it's exactly the sort of style that Team Sydney should have tried to achieve.

DEWALTRacing-2021-Launch-1.jpg

The BP logo on the bonnet ruins it a little. Still by far one of the better looking cars on the grid though.

I like the Percat car. I guess like you all are saying, red is the color. It'll probably be red and blue next year.

Supercars have previewed the new graphics package. It's an improvement but just going off this, I'm a little apprehensive about how much room it's going to take up.

Grid-Graphics-2021.jpg
I just bought a new 75'' to replace the old 46'' because I couldn't read the leader board totem before. I'll have no trouble at all with that anymore with these graphics but the actual racing looks like it will be the same size. I'm not sure it's an improvement over the old package at all because while watching the old replays now I have no issue with the old totem. :indiff:

I really like the existing totem showing all the individual splits & how they are doing Vs each other & themselves. It's so easy to understand at a glance. I'm getting revved up now for the season opener, although a bit miffed that it's not Adelaide. Just renewed my Superview sub. :)

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed in Natsoft this year. Normally I can see all the sector times so you have a better understanding of who is really fastest in the preseason tests by checking all of the sector times and adding the three best in a row (hint: It's normally sector 3, 1, then 2 as the final sector, not 1,2 then 3). Last year, no matter what was reported, Whincup was fastest at The Bend preseason test day by quite a margin using this formula, incidentally the same formula some teams in the paddock used the year before to justify their insistence that the Mustang should be reigned in before the season even started.... and why was this not reported last year like it was the previous year?!?! :odd:.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not griping about how the parity is now because I think that's pretty damn close. It's just I like to know the real story behind preseason.
http://racing.natsoft.com.au/640541201/object_246237.83c/Times?1
http://racing.natsoft.com.au/640541201/object_245470.83l/Result?1

This is how it was from the previous year: http://racing.natsoft.com.au/640541201/object_246362.83z/Times?1

Let me know if the ZBs increase speed, everytime a Holden driver rests their leg against the centre console. ;)

The Commodore has been given a "slight" aero tweak. With a vent added the inside of the wheel arch to help with engine temperature.
Can that really be regarded as an aero tweak though? Unless they can run more blanking in certain circumstances I'd be reluctant to call it that. I suppose if they can it will be most noticeable in qualifying but even then it will be almost impossible to gauge now SM has gone.

But if it's a top ten ZB lockout at Mt. P I expect there'll be some talk :P

Say what you want about the guy who runs the business. But Boost Mobile have always had great presentation with the cars they've sponsored. Kostecki's livery is miles better than JC's, imo.
But if it's a top ten ZB lockout at Mt. P I expect there'll be some talk :P

Just a little. I can imagine it already. :lol:

Back