Touring Cars 2021 Repco Supercars Championship

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Spacegoat, Oct 21, 2020.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

:eek:

Will in the #17 and Tim in the #12? Scott with Wil and D'alberto with Slade. That'd work for the enduros.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  2. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Far as I'm aware Anton is out of contract. Think it's a given that he will be at DJR. The writing was on the wall when Erebus signed Will Brown for next year.

No idea where Coulthard will end up.

magic_town likes this.
  3. magic_town

magic_town Premium

Anton/Fabs
    Will/Scott
    There’s a couple of formidable pairings :lol:

Spacegoat likes this.
  4. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Just a little bit. :lol: :crazy:

23Red going under might have actually worked to Will's advantage.

magic_town likes this.
  5. magic_town

magic_town Premium

The next question is what’s Ludo doing, because that will have a big impact either way. I’ve seen people speculate on him following Scott to the US, but isn’t he a career touring car engineer?

6. 05XR8

05XR8

Just looked him up. Didn't realise he's still pretty young(55). Thought he was about Roland Dane's age.

Well, that'll be the multi-million dollar question. Will DJR have enough funds to keep him?

7. Liquid

Liquid Premium

Sorry for jinxing it.

Cap'n Jack, magic_town and Spacegoat like this.
  8. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Rick Kelly just posted this on his facebook. He is stepping down as a full time driver.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  9. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Wow. Did not see that coming at all. Thought he a few more seasons left in him. :crazy:

Interesting timing with this Auto Action* article speculating that David Reynolds could be on the move back to Kelly Racing.

(*I know but to be fair they were on the money about Penske leaving. Even a broken clock is right twice a day)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  10. magic_town

magic_town Premium

Last I heard, Reynolds had signed a 10 year contract with Erebus though.

11. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

He did. But according to that article he doesn't get along with Barry Ryan and wants out.

magic_town and FPV MIC like this.
  12. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

I vaguely remember in an interview with Roland Dane on Enforcer and The Dude that he now owns Auto Action which could have something to do with their increased quality of journalism.... and ditching James Phelps didn't hurt either.

Spacegoat likes this.
  13. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  14. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Anton would be stupid to stay if he has a chance to jump over to DJR.

Spacegoat likes this.
  15. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Kia won't be joining the series anytime soon or maybe ever.

Can someone tell Mr Kia man to stop applying such reasonable logic and just come and play. Please?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  16. 05XR8

05XR8

Make TCM the headline series until they can figure this out.

17. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Spacegoat likes this.
  18. magic_town

magic_town Premium

The biggest shame is that it won't get a farewell event.

Spacegoat and FPV MIC like this.
  19. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Basically what it is. Feels like they might just be using Covid as a convenient excuse. So disappointing. One of the best tracks on the calendar, gone. :indiff:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Cap'n Jack likes this.
  20. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

COVID was just the perfect excuse. Our premier is a resident of the eastern suburbs, the rich folk Liberal donors of those suburbs hate anything that disturbs their peaceful suburbs and have now got exactly what they wanted.

And yeah, I am salty as ****. I’ve been going to the Adelaide 500 every year since 2003, I looked forward to going more than anything else throughout the year.

Nothing was more exciting to me than making the walk to the track from the CBD and slowly hearing the cars getting louder and louder, even the painfully loud Carrera Cup cars (of you’ve never heard a 911 GT3 Cup on a street circuit... well, don’t go out of your way to try it).

21. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

And this is the second motorsport event they've killed off too! The Adelaide Motorsport Festival was also a victim. Both events were top notch imo, and the 500 had an record cash injection into our economy here just last year. https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/adelaide-500-achieves-45-9million-record/

But cheer up, we'll keep the solar challenge... that no-one gives a flying :censored: about, and we're guaranteed to get another arts festival. :rolleyes:

22. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

23. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

The AMF was only getting bigger and better each year too, which really hurt.
    I’m a big supporter of the arts, so I’ve got no qualms with that. I spent much of the last decade supporting my artistically inclined friends and even briefly playing in a band myself.

Our current government isn’t a fan of the arts, probably because artistically inclined people tend to challenge their policies through whatever their medium is. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking for a way to even cut the Fringe Festival.

24. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

I wouldn't be worried about the arts, in the very first article I read the SATC had already said that's where the Adelaide 500 money was going, so I was basing my comment on that... plus we already have the Adelaide Festival, The Fringe and WOMAD which are state funded (and many more smaller events).

I'm not against the arts, music and motorsport are my two great passions... and the Adelaide 500 combined both. :)
    -----------------------------------------------

Edit: Business SA chief and the former Adelaide lord mayor Martin Haese is suggesting a possible replacement for the Adelaide 500... Formula-E.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10...lation-prompts-calls-for-replacement/12829980

Imo he's not disappointed at all as this is something that Business SA have been suggesting for a while. There's even already been a government feasibility study.
    https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busi...w/news-story/e9dcc20b71ea72f9b5b739ca65cce36b

I smell a rat!

Spacegoat, 05XR8 and Cap'n Jack like this.
  25. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

The rumors of the new TV lineup aren't filling me with much hope. I mean, I think Charli Robinson would be okay. She's always struck me as someone who has a passion for the series. Crompo and Larko possibly getting the boot because they are too technical is beyond stupid.
    So one of their "reasons" for dumping the 500 was a declining attendance. Exactly how many people do they think will turn up for Formula E? :boggled: What an absolute bunch of BS.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    MrCrynox, ShiftingGears and FPV MIC like this.
  26. magic_town

magic_town Premium

I can't believe anyone would even consider keeping Andrew Jones. He often stumbles over his words, has no idea what he's talking about and always just makes things up, which is especially obvious when he commentates the support races.

Spacegoat likes this.
  27. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

SVG talks about aero and the effect of the gurney again.

28. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  29. 05XR8

05XR8

Spacegoat likes this.
  30. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Yeah, at this point I'm not sure that I would take Will over Thomas Randle. He's definitely got the talent though and the years he's spent in the development series will serve him well. Might be a bit of a tough year for Erebus if Reynolds decides to walk.