2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
:eek:

Will in the #17 and Tim in the #12? Scott with Wil and D'alberto with Slade. That'd work for the enduros.

Last edited:
ADP hopefully, but I’m not sure of his contract situation.

Far as I'm aware Anton is out of contract. Think it's a given that he will be at DJR. The writing was on the wall when Erebus signed Will Brown for next year.

No idea where Coulthard will end up.

Last edited:
The next question is what’s Ludo doing, because that will have a big impact either way. I’ve seen people speculate on him following Scott to the US, but isn’t he a career touring car engineer?

Just looked him up. Didn't realise he's still pretty young(55). Thought he was about Roland Dane's age.

Well, that'll be the multi-million dollar question. Will DJR have enough funds to keep him?

Rick Kelly just posted this on his facebook. He is stepping down as a full time driver.

Wow. Did not see that coming at all. Thought he a few more seasons left in him. :crazy:

Interesting timing with this Auto Action* article speculating that David Reynolds could be on the move back to Kelly Racing.

(*I know but to be fair they were on the money about Penske leaving. Even a broken clock is right twice a day)

Last edited:
(*I know but to be fair they were on the money about Penske leaving. Even a broken clock is right twice a day)
I vaguely remember in an interview with Roland Dane on Enforcer and The Dude that he now owns Auto Action which could have something to do with their increased quality of journalism.... and ditching James Phelps didn't hurt either.

Kia won't be joining the series anytime soon or maybe ever.

Can someone tell Mr Kia man to stop applying such reasonable logic and just come and play. Please?

Last edited:
Classic Liberal Party funding cut right here. Calling it.

Basically what it is. Feels like they might just be using Covid as a convenient excuse. So disappointing. One of the best tracks on the calendar, gone. :indiff:

Last edited:
COVID was just the perfect excuse. Our premier is a resident of the eastern suburbs, the rich folk Liberal donors of those suburbs hate anything that disturbs their peaceful suburbs and have now got exactly what they wanted.

And yeah, I am salty as ****. I’ve been going to the Adelaide 500 every year since 2003, I looked forward to going more than anything else throughout the year.

Nothing was more exciting to me than making the walk to the track from the CBD and slowly hearing the cars getting louder and louder, even the painfully loud Carrera Cup cars (of you’ve never heard a 911 GT3 Cup on a street circuit... well, don’t go out of your way to try it).

COVID was just the perfect excuse. Our premier is a resident of the eastern suburbs, the rich folk Liberal donors of those suburbs hate anything that disturbs their peaceful suburbs and have now got exactly what they wanted.

And yeah, I am salty as ****. I’ve been going to the Adelaide 500 every year since 2003, I looked forward to going more than anything else throughout the year.

Nothing was more exciting to me than making the walk to the track from the CBD and slowly hearing the cars getting louder and louder, even the painfully loud Carrera Cup cars (of you’ve never heard a 911 GT3 Cup on a street circuit... well, don’t go out of your way to try it).
And this is the second motorsport event they've killed off too! The Adelaide Motorsport Festival was also a victim. Both events were top notch imo, and the 500 had an record cash injection into our economy here just last year. https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/adelaide-500-achieves-45-9million-record/

But cheer up, we'll keep the solar challenge... that no-one gives a flying 🤬 about, and we're guaranteed to get another arts festival. :rolleyes:

And this is the second motorsport event they've killed off too! The Adelaide Motorsport Festival was also a victim.
The AMF was only getting bigger and better each year too, which really hurt.
But cheer up, we'll keep the solar challenge... that no-one gives a flying 🤬 about, and we're guaranteed to get another arts festival. :rolleyes:
I’m a big supporter of the arts, so I’ve got no qualms with that. I spent much of the last decade supporting my artistically inclined friends and even briefly playing in a band myself.

Our current government isn’t a fan of the arts, probably because artistically inclined people tend to challenge their policies through whatever their medium is. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking for a way to even cut the Fringe Festival.

I’m a big supporter of the arts, so I’ve got no qualms with that. I spent much of the last decade supporting my artistically inclined friends and even briefly playing in a band myself.

Our current government isn’t a fan of the arts, probably because artistically inclined people tend to challenge their policies through whatever their medium is. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking for a way to even cut the Fringe Festival.
I wouldn't be worried about the arts, in the very first article I read the SATC had already said that's where the Adelaide 500 money was going, so I was basing my comment on that... plus we already have the Adelaide Festival, The Fringe and WOMAD which are state funded (and many more smaller events).

I'm not against the arts, music and motorsport are my two great passions... and the Adelaide 500 combined both. :)
-----------------------------------------------

Edit: Business SA chief and the former Adelaide lord mayor Martin Haese is suggesting a possible replacement for the Adelaide 500... Formula-E.
"This is disappointing news, but we'd also suggest that maybe this opens the door for a new event in South Australia — maybe something like Formula E motorsport."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10...lation-prompts-calls-for-replacement/12829980

Imo he's not disappointed at all as this is something that Business SA have been suggesting for a while. There's even already been a government feasibility study.
One of Business SA’s bold ideas to get the economy back on track post COVID is a Festival of E-motion, incorporating a Formula-E race to be held in Adelaide in 2021 and beyond. As the independent and local business body representing SA, we have called on the government to make public its initial feasibility study into the potential of a Formula-E race and progress with an economic impact study into the event as soon as possible.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busi...w/news-story/e9dcc20b71ea72f9b5b739ca65cce36b

I smell a rat!

Last edited:
The rumors of the new TV lineup aren't filling me with much hope. I mean, I think Charli Robinson would be okay. She's always struck me as someone who has a passion for the series. Crompo and Larko possibly getting the boot because they are too technical is beyond stupid.
Crompton is ‘The Voice Of V8s’, backed by more than three decades as a commentator with top-level racing experience, while fellow ex-racer Larko is popular for his amusing and informative analysis.

According to our broadcast industry sources, neither has a confirmed deal for next year and beyond.

Supercars Media boss Nathan Prendergast is reportedly fighting to keep Crompo and Larko, regarded as “too technical” by Supercars bosses.
Edit: Business SA chief and the former Adelaide lord mayor Martin Haese is suggesting a possible replacement for the Adelaide 500... Formula-E.

So one of their "reasons" for dumping the 500 was a declining attendance. Exactly how many people do they think will turn up for Formula E? :boggled: What an absolute bunch of BS.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone would even consider keeping Andrew Jones. He often stumbles over his words, has no idea what he's talking about and always just makes things up, which is especially obvious when he commentates the support races.

Will Brown is cool, but still don't know if he's ready for the main game.

Yeah, at this point I'm not sure that I would take Will over Thomas Randle. He's definitely got the talent though and the years he's spent in the development series will serve him well. Might be a bit of a tough year for Erebus if Reynolds decides to walk.

Back