2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
Forgot about Randle. It's a tough game and with his health, hope he can get a drive. Nearly similar to what happened to Lebrocq.

DJR have confirmed Davison and De Pasquale.

2nKT.gif

Last edited:
Depends what name is on the 17. Yeah, the younger guy would probably get the #17. However, I think Davison/McLaughlin is the stronger combo.

D'alberto and Slade, are about the same height as De Pasquale. Either one are solid enough to pair with DeP and win. It'll be an interesting call.

Depends what name is on the 17. Yeah, the younger guy would probably get the #17. However, I think Davison/McLaughlin is the stronger combo.

We'll find out when the season starts I guess. But from what I can gather, Davison will be driving the #17.
D'alberto and Slade, are about the same height as De Pasquale. Either one are solid enough to pair with DeP and win. It'll be an interesting call.

Coulthard is still in play. If he doesn't get a full time gig. He'll probably get the other co-driver seat.

We'll find out when the season starts I guess. But from what I can gather, Davison will be driving the #17.

Coulthard is still in play. If he doesn't get a full time gig. He'll probably get the other co-driver seat.
After the performance he put on before he left BJR, I'd be amazed if doesn't get a seat. He can get it done as a number 1, with a car suited to his driving style.

Maybe BJR release Macaulay and welcome Coulthard back to the squad.

Just something from left field, I'd say a team with Coulthard in one car and Golding in another, would be fine. However, I really don't know what's going to happen... tough gig.

Interesting.
I think he was looking at BJR first but they're short a REC so he's now supposedly going to KR and taking Penrite with him. Not too sure if Penrite would leave Erebus though, or if KR would want to lose long time sponsor Castrol.

Still got me stuffed where the extra REC for Courtney is coming from... and the extra for MSR to make it a three car team... and the extra for BJR that Blanchard has taken... and the extra for Blanchard's supposed second car.... while remaining at 24 cars on the grid :boggled:

Edit: Just found one of the articles I read about it. It also links Coulthard to BJR.
https://autoaction.com.au/2020/10/26/silly-season-shock-reynolds-could-be-on-the-move

Last edited:
Yeah, I can see a couple wins for Coulthard, being back at a comfortable team and a car tuned for him. Macaulay can't compete with that.

or if KR would want to lose long time sponsor Castrol.

Wonder if Castrol sponsorship was there only because of Rick? Wouldn't be surprised to see them scale back or walk away completely with him not driving full time anymore.
Still got me stuffed where the extra REC for Courtney is coming from... and the extra for MSR to make it a three car team... and the extra for BJR that Blanchard has taken... and the extra for Blanchard's supposed second car.... while remaining at 24 cars on the grid :boggled:

It's just all too confusing. :lol:

Yeah, I know it's in the past9different regualtions and all that), but dang... what a slap in the face for Erebus and Kelly Racing.

The next question is what’s Ludo doing, because that will have a big impact either way. I’ve seen people speculate on him following Scott to the US, but isn’t he a career touring car engineer?

Finally been a little bit of clarification on this. Ludo is staying with DJR in his current role for 2021.
Is it ever :lol:, and just to add to the confusion I read that Blanchard could be running Tim Slade in a Mustang.

There's so many drivers angling for seats. This has to be the wildest off season in quite sometime, maybe ever. :lol:

Is it possible that maybe Coulthard and Slade will be the co-drivers at DJR next year. And McLaughlin and Will Power in a wildcard for Bathurst maybe?

Is it possible that maybe Coulthard and Slade will be the co-drivers at DJR next year. And McLaughlin and Will Power in a wildcard for Bathurst maybe?
I read or saw an interview with Scott somewhere (but can't find it now) that Scott will be co-driving the 17 with whoever the main driver is (probably ADP?) so the McLaughlin/Will Power wildcard was out. Fabian has been offered a co-driver job there but I've seen him linked to BJR. With the way this years panned out who knows though, anything could happen yet :lol:

Edit: Found that interview (I was almost right :P) 👍

McLaughlin will co-drive for Dick Johnson Racing next year at Bathurst; the Ford team are yet to officially announce their new primary drivers but McLaughlin already knows which car he would like to be seated in.

“I’d love to just drive in the #17, whoever is going to be driving that car, I don’t know, but I’d love to go back to my old car and my old crew,” he said.

“It’s a pretty special number in my place in Australia along with DJ [Dick Johnson] and I really take a lot of pride in driving that.”

There had been some suggestions around McLaughlin and his new Penske teammate Will Power combining for a high-profile Bathurst wildcard but DJR managing director Ryan Story shut down any such prospect.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/mclaughlins-hint-on-long-term-plans/

Last edited:
There had been some suggestions around McLaughlin and his new Penske teammate Will Power combining for a high-profile Bathurst wildcard but DJR managing director Ryan Story shut down any such prospect.

That's a shame. It'd be would have been cool to get Rossi and Hinchcliffe back and have a little Indycar wildcard battle. Although it might be a bit of a lopsided one. :lol:

Last edited:

Auto Action claim that BJR have picked up Munday's REC to replace Blanchard's. Holdsworth could be the odd one out at Tickford with Truck Assist apparently moving over to Le Brocq's car to replace Supercheap.

Last edited:
Auto Action claim that BJR have picked up Munday's REC to replace Blanchard's. Holdsworth could be the odd one out at Tickford with Truck Assist apparently moving over to Le Brocq's car to replace Supercheap.
Well that clears things up....NOT :lol:.

I can't see new manufacturer-backed entries starting a team from scratch, they'd want to align themselves with an already existing team, as has been the case previously so it seems to me the best option would be to release the two spare RECs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Well that clears things up....NOT :lol:.

Oh yeah, it's still a mess. :lol:
I can't see new manufacturer-backed entries starting a team from scratch, they'd want to align themselves with an already existing team, as has been the case previously so it seems to me the best option would be to release the two spare RECs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If there are teams willing and wanting to expand. I don't understand why wouldn't allow it. It's not like there's suddenly going to be ten more cars added to the grid. There's what, a possibility of two?

Oh yeah, it's still a mess. :lol:

If there are teams willing and wanting to expand. I don't understand why wouldn't allow it. It's not like there's suddenly going to be ten more cars added to the grid. There's what, a possibility of two?
Yep, two... and not just grid fillers either. Both are quality* cars and both are Mustangs, which are sadly lacking in numbers compared to the ZB.

*Providing Brendan Hogan gets the funds he needs for the Blanchard entry.

I read or saw an interview with Scott somewhere (but can't find it now) that Scott will be co-driving the 17 with whoever the main driver is (probably ADP?) so the McLaughlin/Will Power wildcard was out. Fabian has been offered a co-driver job there but I've seen him linked to BJR. With the way this years panned out who knows though, anything could happen yet :lol:

Edit: Found that interview (I was almost right :P) 👍

McLaughlin will co-drive for Dick Johnson Racing next year at Bathurst; the Ford team are yet to officially announce their new primary drivers but McLaughlin already knows which car he would like to be seated in.

“I’d love to just drive in the #17, whoever is going to be driving that car, I don’t know, but I’d love to go back to my old car and my old crew,” he said.

“It’s a pretty special number in my place in Australia along with DJ [Dick Johnson] and I really take a lot of pride in driving that.”

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/mclaughlins-hint-on-long-term-plans/
Yeah it seems likely that's going to happen. I also think Coulthard going back to BJR is likely as well.

What was it... The Rusty french REC was handed back or switched to the #18 for Frosty?

Edit: I think it were the Kelly Racing RECs that really jumbled things around. My memory really is fading from this series.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back