2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
"But I understand and respect the health guidelines".

Yeah, sure you do Davey. Only because you got caught out.
It's not going to happen unless he gets an exemption to have his superlicence without competing in Super2.
If Nathan Herne couldn't an exemption. I don't see how Payne is going to get one. Grove would be better putting someone like Hooldsworth in the car and give Payne a season's worth of S2 experience first.

"But I understand and respect the health guidelines".

Yeah, sure you do Davey. Only because you got caught out.

If Nathan Herne couldn't an exemption. I don't see how Payne is going to get one. Grove would be better putting someone like Hooldsworth in the car and give Payne a season's worth of S2 experience first.
Yeah i agree with that. Also being that's with the loss of Heimgartner which is a big loss in my opinion, it would make sense to have an experience driver like Holdsworth or Caruso. And who knows with this saga with Reynolds there could two seats now up for grabs.

And also i agree on giving Payne a year in Super2 and see how he goes and maybe tap him for the enduro gig then go full-time in '23.

Maybe this weekend could be interesting relating to the weather. Wet weather racing around SMP is actually pretty good. I think we can all racall the end of the second race in 2014 when SVG, JDUB, and Mostert drifting after the race.

But the racing was great that day. Yes the cars were different from today. But still there's a chance of wet weather and it'll be different from last week that's for sure.

Maybe this weekend could be interesting relating to the weather. Wet weather racing around SMP is actually pretty good. I think we can all racall the end of the second race in 2014 when SVG, JDUB, and Mostert drifting after the race.
Should be a cool spectacle at the very least with the rain at night. Just hope it doesn't rain too much.
Would Luke Youlden go down as the oldest solo debutant in Supercars?
David Thexton beats out Youlden by a couple of years.

Look, I'm not disputing Anton's talent. But are we totally sure DJR hasn't secretly bought McLaughlin into the country for the final few rounds? :crazy:

Last edited:
Jeez, poor Will Brown can't take a trick with these pit stops lately. :crazy: And a nice solid drive from Fullwood but a very forgettable race for WAU otherwise.

WAU cars seem to work a lot better in the rain. Hope it sticks around now. :lol: And mega job from Youlden in both sessions. 👏

Haven‘t been watching with commentary but, the original time for the race was 7:30-8:30, have they extended?
No that time was set from beginning. The time until 8:50 local time allows for things like an SC or red flag and be able to restart and complete the full distance. But common sense prevailed it was getting wetter and wetter.

Speedcafe tweeted something about 8:33 being the cutoff before the race was red flagged. It was wise to red flag it when they did though.

Last edited:
It seems like this weekend the weather is going to be similar to last night. Then again, it is Monday so I might be jumping the gun on that :lol:

Rogers believes that not much needs to change; the ownership just needs to think about the collective rather than a specific individual.

“Not a lot needs to change. People think there are big things that need to change – it’s not big things, just little tweaks that need to happen.

“At the end of the day, when you make decisions, just think, is that in the best interests of the sport, or is it in the best interests of an individual?

“If your answer is it’s an individual, then you are making the wrong decision.''
^^This^^^ Spot on Barry, spot on. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

... I wonder who that individual could possibly be? ;):P

I smiled when they showed the Mustang tailights and the Chevy badge. Kept smile as they showed the half constructed prototypes.
How much is iRacing again?

Last edited:
Gen3-Mustang-side-on-scaled.jpg

Gen3-Camaro-w-wheel-scaled.jpg

Back