2022 FIFA World Cup Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 335 comments
Let's hope France - Argentina will be as much entertaining than the 2018 match, widely regarded has the best of that tournament edition.

Last edited:
So ... the two highest paid athletes in the world are leading their teams into the WC finals. Appropriate, I suppose! 🤔 There's little that doubt Mbappe and Messi are the class of the field, able to do things that no other player can.

I was quite impressed with the Morocco/France match - pretty evenly fought, not overly defensive. I fancy France for the final, but anything can happen in one game.

France 2-0 Morocco.

Great game to watch with both teams going for it, Morocco impressive once again and caused France a lot of problems but they lacked a bit of quality up front, Hernandez put France ahead after just five minutes and Kolo Muani was on the pitch for 16 seconds when he scored his first international goal to make it 2-0, feels quite harsh on Morocco who had an outstanding tournament.

Croatia v Morocco is the third/fourth play off match on Saturday and Argentina v France is the final on Sunday.

bkLHmeN.png

France still suffering from illness issues just two days from the final, Varane and Konate missed training today as they both have mild symptoms, apparently its coming from the air conditioning.

Good game between Croatia and Morocco, but yet more dreadful officiating... Croatia denied a stonewall penalty and they didn't even bother to check with VAR, and then Morocco denied a stonewall free-kick right on the edge of the box during the same phase of play. Embarrassingly bad referreeing - just as well this is not the final.

Last edited:
And with only their 2nd win of the tournament, Croatia somehow finish 3rd. This game arguably the best and most entertaining they've been in this tournament after some dire watches beforehand.

Argentina are walking away with this. France haven't turned up at all and I don't think i have noticed Mbappe at all yet this match.

Magnificent goal, makes up for what seemed very like a dive to get their first goal, but Argentina far better thus far.
Borderline that first one, touch was minimal but Dembele should know better than to go in like that.

France have made 2 changes before half time.

I suppose it would be appropriate for a country which earlier this weekend reminded the world it doesn't give a crap about democracy to win this particular World Cup...

Very harsh penalty, but so far both teams get what they deserved.
And like in 2018, Ms Milouse has fallen asleep.

Not a single shot on goal from France in that first half, they have been terrible.

Penalties for a cup final never usually seem like a fair way of finding a result. But in this game… it’s just to close to call otherwise.

It's a pity that such an incredible game has to be decided on penalties, but what a match.

Hat-trick for Mbappe, two for Messi, and some phenomenal defending, especially from France.

Would love to see Messi walk away with the trophy, only because Mbappe will undoubtedly have more chances - both teams deserve the win.

France lost to Italy by penalties in 2006...
And Italy hasn't won a World Cup knockout match since :lol:

Glad for Messi to get his WC, disappointing Deschamps couldn't become the second coach ever to defend a WC, appropriate that a nation should win this WC after reminding the world on Thursday it couldn't give a crap about democracy, and happy this entire sorry chapter in the history of World Cups is over.

0FECC61D-FC68-4D2C-8AB1-2081A272FEC6.jpeg

A true Clash of the Titans - Mbappe scored 4 times and still lost, Messi scored 3 times and thought he had finally won it for his country, only to be denied at the death... but finally he can claim the greatest trophy of all.

Congratulations to Argentina - not always convincing in this tournament, but truly some lovely, inventive play, and moments of magic from Messi.

Commiserations to France - they didn't turn up until 20 minutes from the end of the 80, but boy did they turn up eventually. Mbappe is truly incredible, but HT to Kolo Muani for saving France with a crucial block and earning the first France penalty, only to then be denied at the death himself by a brilliant save. Undoubtedly the best losing side in World Cup history.

Last edited:
Back