2022 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

• Thread starter Famine
  • 110 comments
The reliability of these cars these days is incredible. You only have to go back 10 years to have seen so many retirements due to mechanical failures to this point!

Not many crashes or anything major to cause a safety car in 11 hours this year which I find strange, I know the night is still young but the darkness tends to bring all sorts of chaos normally.

Exactly. Can’t really bank on another car having a failure. It’s coming down to, pretty much, driver error.

I assume the Toyota's can take it easy , turn the engine down and cruise to a 1-2 easily.

Little did I know in the mid 2010's how good we had it with audi, Porsche, Peugeot and Toyota in the mix for the top class. That is when it turned from a 24 hour endurance race to a 24 hour sprint race.

Loads of manufacturers joining the top class soon, once all the rumoured entries join I am looking forward to my 3rd le mans visit to watch a flat out sprint between all the top teams.

Future GT3 entries will only be accepted by manufacturers that enter LMH. This means that Aston Martin and Corvette will not be allowed in the 24hr after 2023.

That’s not right. I haven’t thoroughly read the new regulations, but those manufacturers are doing green things with their brands. That should be enough to qualify.

So, an Owner that buys a C8.R, just wants to run at Le Mans(if they get and entry), can’t because of that rule. Pretty messed up.

Future GT3 entries will only be accepted by manufacturers that enter LMH. This means that Aston Martin and Corvette will not be allowed in the 24hr after 2023.
I want to dislike this, but after Toyota vs Toyota the past few years I'm all for it

And this whole time I thought the Valkyrie was going to eventually be AM's LMH car but I guess not.

I'm so tired (been up since 4:00am) but I don't want to go to bed. I only started watching at 4:00pm so I didn't get to see the start (thanks to work).

Last third of the race and no signs of any team slowing down.

There we go again. Just shove ‘em out the way.

Edit: Just a small update about the new LMP2 and GT3 class rules. https://www.fia.com/news/wec-update-future-lmp2-and-gt-classes-presented-le-mans

“In GT3 it’s exactly the same approach. But of course it must be totally devoted to amateurs. We don’t want any factory or official entries.

“It’s integrated in this business model. The possibility for [manufacturers] to sell cars to private teams.”

In addition to confirming that factory teams such as Corvette Racing will not be permitted to compete, Mille indicated that each lineup must include at least one Bronze-rated driver, similar to GTE-Am.

He said the class is likely to be called ‘LM GT’ in order to distinguish it from the base GT3 platform.

ACO President Pierre Fillon added that the ‘premium kit’ is not to enhance the car’s performance.

“[It’s] just to to have bodywork that [lets] you know this is a bodywork for endurance,” he said.

“This is just details because the driver wants to have a premium product.

“This is bodywork, it will be easy to remove the difference with the normal GT3. With all cars and you’ll be able to compete in all GT3 championships in the world.”

Last edited:
#92:s right front tyre blows off, and takes bits and pieces of the bodywork with it as a result. Currently limping its way back to pits at the Porsche curves.

Last edited:
#7 Toyota has stopped on track!

EDIT: after few restart attempts its moving again, but carefully. And into the pits it goes.
Sounds like the same thing that caused the #8 to DNF at Spa. Buemi had trouble restarting it after a red flag period and subsequently had to retire the car when it stopped on track again.

Back