2022 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

• Thread starter Famine
  • 110 comments
Something knocked the heart and soul out of this race. Starting with Alpine getting a stupid nerf. Ended with #64 getting put in the wall like that. One Toyota had an issue but it wasn't enough to get a Glick to 2nd.

Can't believe both Corvettes are out. WTH happened while I was asleep? One was in the class lead with the other around 5th or 6th. I wake up, bring up the race, and they're both retired.

I was really hoping for a strong finish in this one. I've pulled for the Corvettes ever since they got back into racing in the 90s. I got to see them live at a couple ALMS races in Portland, OR. I got to meet Kelly Collins and Andy Pilgrim (very nice guys, btw) a couple times and they were always grateful to sign autographs or just talk with fans. I got some up-close pics of the Corvettes sitting in the paddock. It was a really cool experience. They were almost unbeatable back then. But win or lose, I kept pulling for them.

But this race was a heart breaker with having neither of them finishing. I know in this race it's never guaranteed that any car will finish the race, but it just feels wrong not having a Corvette at the finish.

Can't believe both Corvettes are out. WTH happened while I was asleep? One was in the class lead with the other around 5th or 6th. I wake up, bring up the race, and they're both retired.

I was really hoping for a strong finish in this one. I've pulled for the Corvettes ever since they got back into racing in the 90s. I got to see them live at a couple ALMS races in Portland, OR. I got to meet Kelly Collins and Andy Pilgrim (very nice guys, btw) a couple times and they were always grateful to sign autographs or just talk with fans. I got some up-close pics of the Corvettes sitting in the paddock. It was a really cool experience. They were almost unbeatable back then. But win or lose, I kept pulling for them.

But this race was a heart breaker with having neither of them finishing. I know in this race it's never guaranteed that any car will finish the race, but it just feels wrong not having a Corvette at the finish.
LMP car crashed it out.

The team couldn't take it that you'd rather sleep than watch. They gave up. It's on you personally. :mischievous:

Last edited:
#8 won good.
Don't care about LMP2.
Corvette should have won didn't.
#33 TF Aston Martin wins. Outstanding.

Last edited:
Largely uneventful race apart from the morning madness.

Hoping we finally have some competition for Toyota next year and make the top class exciting again 🙏

I know Toyota didn’t really have too much of a challenge to win this but it’s still a fantastic achievement. 24 hours of racing, battling the elements of day/night, reliability and driver ability/fatigue, that is some going to win and also the others for crossing the line at the end.

Next year should be a great race with Peugeot, Ferrari, Audi, Porsche all expected to submit entries.

I just got home from a date, did I miss something exciting in the race? I heard that Toyota won this year too, so it was no surprise 😅

I haven't seen any of this year's race sadly, I don't get the channel on my tv package that usually shows it anymore.

But with the Hypercar entries expanding for next year, I'm really looking forward to finding somewhere to watch it and hopefully see if someone can run the Toyota's close.

Incredible last few years by Toyota. Just like Porsche and Audi in recent years too. They're reaping the rewards and maximising their cars. Also love to see the Buemi winning outside of F1. Him and Jean Eric Vergne hve been exceptional since.

Next year the things are going to heat em up. And 100 since the first race. I wil try to be there! Very sad ending for the vettes. I whished to see the af corse blonde when the 91 outrunned them...

Back