2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments

Going over that frame by frame, the 99 didn't hit him directly but rather the rear quarter caught the tire he was holding out in front of him and sent him off balance... looks like it made him drop the other tire on his foot and wrenched his shoulder pretty good.

Image4.png

I don't think either of them did anything wrong really, the 99 wasn't cutting in too sharply to get to their pit box and he didn't run halfway out in the lane or anything, just very unfortunate timing that could have ended a lot worse.

I'm amazed pit crew members don't get hit more often. Not only do they they not get enough credit for their athleticism, but the danger they put themselves in, too.

That and M&M's are ending their sponsorship after this year, I reckon they didn't want to go through the hoopla of renegotiating to get an existing sponsor onto a different car.

Still, JGR has been running the 18 since it started 30 years ago and is the only team to ever get wins with that particular number, so seeing it just go poof like that without a big sendoff is rather disappointing.
Incorrect on this. They have 79 of the 80 victories as one was recorded back in 1951 by Marvin Burke.

I'm guessing once Truex retires whoever replaces him (probably Nemechek) will run the #18 instead of the #19.
I think JGR could possibly give Hamlin the 11 for his team and use the 18, 19, 20, 54. I believe that would be a nice nod to J.D. since he had a hand at signing Denny to the #11.

IIRC there wasn't a big send off with the 88 either over at Hendrick.
Hendrick didn't really have that same level of extended history with that number though. If anything it's probably remembered more as a Robert Yates number, even though both teams ran the 88 for about the same length of time.

Hendrick didn't really have that same level of extended history with that number though. If anything it's probably remembered more as a Robert Yates number, even though both teams ran the 88 for about the same length of time
Bittersweet in a way, since Busch is going to the 8, where Earnhardt jr was more known for driving that car.

Especially now with the sorta reputation Busch has. :lol:

Back