2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
Testing today is being streamed on Youtube. I have seen some of the start procedures and it does look nice.

Put in for the day off on the 25th of January to go to the Phoenix test day. First time I will have been to that track for NASCAR activities in a LONG time, and first time since my Dad died a few years ago. We used to go every year and camp out for the week and watch from the hillside.

What the what? I thought NASCAR had 900hp engines. What’s this 550hp bump up to 670 hp?

To be honest, I don't think anything short of the threat of having a charter revoked is going to fully remove the temptation to try and figure out where they can get away with something. Those pesky "rogue engineers" might be a storyline in the next couple of seasons when (not if) someone gets caught.

Kyle is probably my least favorite driver in Cup, but always thought the M&M's cars were among the best looking cars on the track. This goes for the pre JGR years as well.

What the what? I thought NASCAR had 900hp engines. What’s this 550hp bump up to 670 hp?
As I understand it, the engines are capable of producing 900hp, but they haven't run 900 since 2015 I believe, though it was still in the realm of 750-850hp. For the past few years, NASCAR would run a 550hp, high-downforce package at a good number of tracks, which produced some rather lackluster racing. Until recently, NASCAR stubbornly stuck with it, and this new 670hp package seems to be at least somewhat promising.

Last edited:
Wow biggest shocker of the day! Holy Moly
It really is, especially since it's been such a successful sponsorship for both sides. But then again Lowe's left the 48 after a hugely successful sponsorship run that was just about as long as this one, so i guess it's just a matter of needing to invest the money elsewhere.

Gonna be weird to not see the M&M's car after next season, though. It's definitely right up there on the list of iconic NASCAR liveries, in my opinion.

Last edited:
It really is, especially since it's been such a successful sponsorship for both sides. But then again Lowe's left the 48 after a hugely successful sponsorship run that was just about as long as this one, so i guess it's just a matter of needing to invest the money elsewhere.

Gonna be weird to not see the M&M's car after next season, though. It's definitely right up there on the list of iconic NASCAR liveries, in my opinion.
From what I've read, its not a issue with Return on Investment.

My best guess is someone new is in charge and they want to do other things.

Last edited:
From what I've read, its not a issue with Return on Investment.
Yeah, I figured it wasn't an issue with the sponsorship not being profitable, but rather that the money being invested in that sponsorship is being allocated for another long-term project. People certainly aren't going to forget that M&M's exist, so there's little risk in ending the deal to play with that cash elsewhere.

IMO the M&Ms paint schemes are up there as some of the most iconic of all time in NASCAR. I’d probably have only the Dale Sr Goodwrench, Jeff Gordon DuPont, Petty STP and maybe Dale Jrs Bud cars as those more recognisable and so linked to the sport.

Yeah, I figured it wasn't an issue with the sponsorship not being profitable, but rather that the money being invested in that sponsorship is being allocated for another long-term project. People certainly aren't going to forget that M&M's exist, so there's little risk in ending the deal to play with that cash elsewhere.
They have to spend the money elsewhere ; they have to buy smaller molds to make even smaller canybars so they will not double the price.

https://www.jayski.com/2021/12/30/c...-partner-for-brandonbilt-motorsports-in-2022/

As much as I hate the whole “Let’s Go Brandon” meme I’m happy to see him finally benefitting from it. 👍
Hope he made sure he's guaranteed some money. That company looks shady (coin was created 11/3 & barely has 2,000 followers on social media tmu), & doesn't look like it can front the cost to run a full seasoned race car. Seen some screen shots where they even acknowledge they're a meme coin & tell people don't expect any actual profit.

What's weird is I could've sworn I came across a headline where Brandon wanted to stay out of that political circus b/c it was costing him sponsorships.

Hope he made sure he's guaranteed some money. That company looks shady (coin was created 11/3 & barely has 2,000 followers on social media tmu), & doesn't look like it can front the cost to run a full seasoned race car. Seen some screen shots where they even acknowledge they're a meme coin & tell people don't expect any actual profit.

What's weird is I could've sworn I came across a headline where Brandon wanted to stay out of that political circus b/c it was costing him sponsorships.
NASCAR might not allow it if they determine it's a politically motivated sponsorship, it seems.

Back