• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 415 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
When Super Bowl LVI ended in Inglewood, California on February 13, 2022; the Los Angeles Rams defeated the Cincinnati Bengals to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. So ended another season in the National Football League. However, it wasn't just any old NFL season- it was the first-ever 17-game regular season NFL season. It is now time to welcome in a new season. College players look to get drafted to the NFL with the hopes of chasing greatness. Successful teams look to keep up their success. Losing teams look to rebound (or maybe rebuild, or maybe continue rebuilding). Regardless, a new season brings new storylines for all to keep up with.

As a longtime member of GTPlanet, I am pleased to start another thread to discuss all the goings on of the National Football League! Everything from off-season notes, to the NFL Draft, to the NFL combine, and every game from the first Preseason game to Super Bowl LVII [in Glendale, Arizona] are fair game for discussion. Feel free to chat about the 2022 season if you are inclined!

NO NO NO. Denver, you're doing it wrong. Russell Wilson is about as far from the prototypical strong dumb white tall guy quarterback as you can get. Why break the streak!?

NO NO NO. Denver, you're doing it wrong. Russell Wilson is about as far from the prototypical strong dumb white tall guy quarterback as you can get. Why break the streak!?
Denver has decided it wants to win apparently. Or at least try to. Seattle meanwhile looks to have been so cursed by Jamal Adams they need to completely blow it up.

What's the over/under on how many picks Drew Lock throws in that game. Speaking of Seattle maybe Metcalf might be available I hope Joe Douglas tries to get him

Some great trades so far. Derek Carr must be wondering what he's done wrong in a previous life to end up in the current AFC West.

Detroit Lions fan here. Another season of just hoping the team is fun to watch beckons.

Word has it that Joe Buck of FOX Sports may join Troy Aikman on ESPN. So if you love Joe Buck on commentary for NFL games, he may be bringing his voice and likeness to ESPN's NFL coverage soon.

Elsewhere, DeShaun Watson will NOT be indicted with criminal charges according to something just reported by ESPN. Hopefully this will help improve the process of properly shipping off D. Watson to another team. The Texans also agreed to terms to keep Christian Kirksey. He was a stud on defense for the Texans this past season at LB. Malcolm Butler is reportedly meeting with the Texans. The Houston Texans still have a lot of mess to clean up. Hopefully they'll be clean again by the time the 2022 season starts.

I'm not really a Brady fan, but go get it because a winning Bucs team keeps the Packers out of the Super Bowl.

The NFC South is rubbish. But with no more Brady, it at least looked like being fairly even rubbish. May as well just go ahead and give the Bucs the division title already now. :indiff:

Last edited:
This is what I don't understand about NYG. Is it no one wants to come to NY to play? I didn't hear that we reached out to Russell Wilson and apparently instead of trying to get Watson, we sign Tyrod Taylor as our backup QB. WTAF, I know I don't know the details, but c'mon at least TRY to get some top talent.

LINK

Jerome

DeShaun Watson of the Houston Texans is not entirely in the clear with his sexual misconduct case. Watson also needs to waive his no-trade clause to go to whatever team he wants. Four possible landing spots for Watson are as follows: Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia Eagles, and the Cleveland Browns. It seems like Watson would want to remain in the South and in the NFC if these options hold up. It sucks DeShaun Watson was so wasted once they looked for coaching prospects without Watson's input. I guess the Texans are willing to roll with and develop Davis Mills.

DeShaun Watson of the Houston Texans is not entirely in the clear with his sexual misconduct case. Watson also needs to waive his no-trade clause to go to whatever team he wants. Four possible landing spots for Watson are as follows: Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia Eagles, and the Cleveland Browns. It seems like Watson would want to remain in the South and in the NFC if these options hold up. It sucks DeShaun Watson was so wasted once they looked for coaching prospects without Watson's input. I guess the Texans are willing to roll with and develop Davis Mills.
True, I just would like to hear that we are interested, like those other teams you mentioned; Watson > Taylor + Jones.

Jerome

This is what I don't understand about NYG. Is it no one wants to come to NY to play? I didn't hear that we reached out to Russell Wilson and apparently instead of trying to get Watson, we sign Tyrod Taylor as our backup QB. WTAF, I know I don't know the details, but c'mon at least TRY to get some top talent.

LINK

Jerome
Do the Giants want/need to give up the draft capital to go and get a Watson or Wilson yet?

If I'm the Giants front office I'm selecting two premium OL's with their 1st rounders this year. Fixes the biggest short term problem and gives you the best chance of a proper evaluation on Jones and Barkley. I think Barkley in particular deserves a crack at an injury free season (fingers crossed) behind a functional line before any big decisions are made on his future.

Do the Giants want/need to give up the draft capital to go and get a Watson or Wilson yet?

If I'm the Giants front office I'm selecting two premium OL's with their 1st rounders this year. Fixes the biggest short term problem and gives you the best chance of a proper evaluation on Jones and Barkley. I think Barkley in particular deserves a crack at an injury free season (fingers crossed) behind a functional line before any big decisions are made on his future.
We've been (hopefully) improving the O-Line this offseason, which could make Jones better. But can you imagine if we have someone like Watson AND Saquon with an improved O-Line? That'd make us contenders for the division. Then we could concentrate on the D (i.e. Thibideou, or however you spell his name, haha) during the draft. That's what I would have tried to do anyway.

Jerome

The Browns love shooting themselves in the foot:

So they basically kicked Mayfield to the curb with the anticipation of getting Watson and now Watson is off the table. The current list of available QBs isn't exactly inspiring. Maybe they need some Ryan Fitzmagic or Blaine Gabba Gabba Hey.

Similar with the Falcons. Sounds like they’ve pissed Matt Ryan off by making the same play for Watson.

This is meant to be a poor draft class for QB’s but I can see a couple of teams being backed into a corner to panic for one of them quite high. As a Lions fan hoping to trade back a few spots, I welcome the panic.

The Browns love shooting themselves in the foot:

So they basically kicked Mayfield to the curb with the anticipation of getting Watson and now Watson is off the table. The current list of available QBs isn't exactly inspiring. Maybe they need some Ryan Fitzmagic or Blaine Gabba Gabba Hey.
Mayfield requested a trade and the Browns basically said no. Well, we know who is finishing a distant 4th in the AFC North this coming year.

Apparently Deshaun Watson had narrowed his choices down to the Falcons and the Saints. The Browns were out........well not so fast my friend. I guess a lot of things change when $230 million FULLY GUARANTEED is offered.

Baker Mayfield, say hello to Indianapolis.

3 first round picks, most of their good position players gone and 230 million dollars of their cap space gone for locker room cancer who hasn't played for nearly two seasons and almost certainly won't be allowed to play for the first year he's paid 50 million dollars?

I greatly look forward to the Browns being absolutely awful for the next decade because of this.

Last edited:
Apparently Deshaun Watson had narrowed his choices down to the Falcons and the Saints. The Browns were out........well not so fast my friend. I guess a lot of things change when $230 million FULLY GUARANTEED is offered.

Baker Mayfield, say hello to Indianapolis.

I mean, I would assume Indy too but the Browns have absolutely no leverage and HAVE to trade Mayfield so they won't get fair value for him.

Semi-random musings...

* Announced not too long ago, the new voices of ESPN Monday Night Football will be Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. So they'll provide the commentary on Monday Night games starting this upcoming season.

* John Clayton, longtime reporter and expert on the NFL for ESPN, has died recently at the age of 67. I offer my condolences to all who known and loved "The Professor." I enjoyed his insight. He died from an illness.

* I am hearing DeShaun Watson COULD sign with the Cleveland Browns. The NFL may still suspend Watson for personal conduct violations.

That's all. Take care and be well.

Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan traded to the Colts. There goes one of Baker's possible landing spots.
Seattle and Carolina are reportedly being linked with Baker now.

If the cost is right. I wouldn't mind the Panthers taking a chance on him. He'd be an upgrade over Darnold, although anyone would be really.

Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins. Dolphins getting pretty serious now. Hill on one side Jaylon Waddle on the other, just signed a big name offensive lineman free agent.

LET'S GO!

Also:
If no kneecaps are torn off by episode 2, the entire season is a failure and the Lions must forfeit the season.

Latest Posts

Back