2022 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 415 comments
LET'S GO!

Also:
2024 should be about the time the Lions are introducing their next head coach.

Speaking of Detroit, I hear the 2024 NFL Draft will be in Detroit. It will be the first-ever time the city hosted the NFL Draft.

Bruce Arians reportedly has stepped down as head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Todd Bowles will replace him. Arians, meanwhile, is told to be a senior football consultant for the Bucs. I wish the Bucs all the best in their team and management.

Sad news to report. THIS JUST IN...

Pittsburgh QB, Dwayne Haskins, was killed after getting hit by a car. Haskins was only 24 years old. My condolences go out to Haskins and his family. D. Haskins played his college ball at Ohio State.

Never, EVER get out of your car and walk on I-595. That stretch of highway between the Florida Turnpike and I-95 is no-man's land. There was a police officer that was helping someone on the side of the road when another car crashed into his car. He had the mind to jump over the barricade to avoid being crushed by the still-incoming wrecked car, but unfortunately that entire stretch of highway is elevated (because it goes over "endangered habitat" and the hippies were mad) so the guy fell to his death.

You literally can't see people walking in the early hours of morning. Most of the highway is under construction, so unless you have on Hi-Viz, you're not gonna expect to see people crossing the road. What a horrible thing. This has to be a Darwin Award candidate, however.

The lives of many college football stars will be changed when the 2022 NFL Draft commences. From playing on Saturdays to playing on Sundays (and maybe even Monday nights), college players are looking to get drafted and try to play against some of the finest gridiron football players in the world in the National Football League. We'll have to see what players go to what teams. This year's draft will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada.

My Houston Texans will have 2 or 3 draft picks in the First Round and about 11 picks total. Feel free to share who your favorite team(s) drafted if you wish to discuss the 2022 NFL Draft.

Anxiously, sorta excited? If Gettlemen were still our GM, I wouldn't even watch the Draft, what a bum that guy was. Let's see how Schoen does today.

Jerome

I heard this morning on "Good Morning Football" that they could have some weather issues tonight. Las Vegas is under a red flag warning for very high winds until 8PM local time I think. They are making contingency plans for possibly having to move everything indoors in case the winds gets too high.

KAYVON and Evan! Stoked, thats best case scenario in my book.

Jerome

Last edited:
Looks like the first few picks fell pretty favorably for the Panthers. LT was a huge need and Ekwonu grew up a Panthers fan. Funny how things work out.

Edit: No idea if Matt Corral is going to be any good or not. But surely he's better than anyone else the Panthers have at QB at the moment. Seems like a good value pick.

Last edited:
Houston Texans 2022 Draft:

• Rd. 1, Pick 3: Derek Stingley Jr. (CB, LSU)
  • Rd. 1, Pick 15: Kenyon Green (S, Texas A&M) <<< was 13th pick, but traded to PHI
  • Rd. 2, Pick 37: Jalen Pitre (S, Baylor)
  • Rd. 2, Pick 44: John Metchie III (WR, Alabama)
  • Rd. 3, Pick 75: Christian Harris (LB, Alabama)
  • Rd. 4, Pick 107: Dameon Pierce (RB, Florida)
  • Rd. 4(?), Pick 150: Thomas Booker (DL, Stanford)
  • Rd. 5, Pick 170: Taegan Quitoriano (TE, Oregon State)
  • Rd. 6, Pick 206: Austin Deculus (OL, LSU)

We also picked up TE Seth Green as an undrafted free agent. Seth Green played his college ball at the University of Houston, so he gets to play here in lovely Houston, Texas for Houston's NFL team. The Texans must be fairly content with their offense that they want some defensive help. I hear the Texans want to try to run the ball more this season. We haven't really had such success running except when we had Steve Slaton along with Arian Foster in later seasons. The general mindset here is that we toughened up on defense while also giving Davis Mills some extra targets on offense. I'm confident this team will win more than four games this upcoming season.

How did your team(s) do in the 2022 NFL Draft?

For the 1st time in a looooooooooooooooooooong time my NY Jets had one of the better drafts.The Giants also had a good draft as well. Usually both teams don't do well at the same time. I can't for them to win 6 or 7 games. I still can't have high expectations for the Jets. Been a fan too long to do that 🤣

kjb
For the 1st time in a looooooooooooooooooooong time my NY Jets had one of the better drafts.The Giants also had a good draft as well. Usually both teams don't do well at the same time. I can't for them to win 6 or 7 games. I still can't have high expectations for the Jets. Been a fan too long to do that 🤣
Truth. I wonder if both teams start the season with the coach saying, 'C'mon guys, let's shatter all expectations and shoot for 8-8'.

Jerome

Let's get international! The National Football League recently announced five international games. Three games will be played in England at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and Wembley Stadium. A Monday Night Football game will be played in Mexico City, Mexico. And for the first time, the NFL will hold a game in Germany. Most of the action stayed within the United States after the rage in COVID-19/Coronavirus cases. Now that times are a lot more manageable, it will be great to see gridiron football go international. Here are the announced matches:

• Oct. 2, at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium: MIN Vikings vs. NO Saints
  • Oct. 9, at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium: NYG Giants vs. GB Packers
  • Oct. 30, at Wembley Stadium: DEN Broncos vs. JAX Jaguars
  • Nov. 13, at Allianz Arena: TB Buccaneers vs. SEA Seahawks
  • Nov. 21, at Estadio Azteca: ARI Cardinals vs. SF 49ers

Especially for the games in Europe, you'll probably have to wake up a bit earlier to see the action live. That was the case when my Houston Texans played against the Jacksonville Jaguars in London. I had to watch around 9 AM Central Time to see the Texans live that day against the Jaguars.

The full schedule will be announced May 12.

Interesting that neither Super Bowl team, nor the other AFC Championship contending team were chosen for an international game. You'd think the NFL would want to show off the top teams from last year. 🤔

I think Cincy had a decent draft. They didn't have to focus so much on the offensive line as they already made some good offseason moves to help keep Burrow from getting demolished. Burrow is something else though. He is a bit more mobile than Dalton was and miles more so than lead shoes Palmer (nothing against him, he still had a good run in The Jungle, even without a playoff win).

You probably know who your favorite team(s) will be playing this upcoming season. Today, though, is the announcement of the actual schedule for all of the teams. Be mindful that games may get shuffled around or flexed when it's a critical Playoffs race going on. Find out when your beloved team(s) will play the other teams today.

[OMISSION] Tom Brady has signed a major deal to be an analyst for NFL on FOX for when Tom Brady retires. So are you ready to hear him break down games, players, teams, and things of that nature when he joins the analysis crew?

Last edited:
I want to take a moment to acknowledge some recent retirees.

* Frank Gore called it a career recently, signing a one-day deal to retire as a San Francisco 49er. He's hanging it up after 16 seasons in the NFL. He will take an office role with San Francisco now. F. Gore is ranked 3rd all-time in rushing.

* Romeo Crennel is retiring from the NFL. He's spent 39 seasons coaching many different teams in the NFL and 50 years coaching in total. The most recent of which, the Houston Texans. R. Crennel is 74 years old. He is a 5-time Super Bowl winning coach.

I wish both Frank Gore and Romeo Crennel the best in their respective retirements.

Truth. I wonder if both teams start the season with the coach saying, 'C'mon guys, let's shatter all expectations and shoot for 8-8'.

Jerome
I just saw this but it would be the Jets to shoot for 8-8, forget there are 17 games in the season now, and lose the last game (and miss the playoffs) by forfeit.

I am sad to learn of the death of Tony "The Goose" Siragusa. He was 55 years old at the time of his passing. I offer my condolences to all who known and loved Tony Siragusa. I know Baltimore Ravens fans are especially sad about this on this day.

I just saw this but it would be the Jets to shoot for 8-8, forget there are 17 games in the season now, and lose the last game (and miss the playoffs) by forfeit.
If the Jets can get to 8-9 this year. I will be very happy. I know that's kinda of sad but being a Jets fan for long time has taught me to have low or no expectations😞

Houston Texans WR John Metchie III has been diagnosed with leukemia and will miss the entire 2022 season. More importantly, it is Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL). The Texans traded up to get Metchie III, and now his health problems will mean the Texans will have to look to someone else to fill his position. It's a terrible shame for the struggling Texans. Houston is already dealing with the aftermath of the DeShaun Watson scandal.

The NFL has finally rendered a decision on DeShaun Watson. The ex-Texans QB will be suspended for at least the first six games of this season thanks to his personal conduct violations. He will play for the first time this season starting in Week 7 for his new team, the Cleveland Browns. No further actions have been determined as of the time of this post. Ruling is not yet final.

[UPDATE] indicated not yet final ruling, and at least six games

Last edited:
The NFL has finally rendered a decision on DeShaun Watson. The ex-Texans QB will be suspended for the first six games of this season thanks to his personal conduct violations. He will play for the first time this season starting in Week 7 for his new team, the Cleveland Browns. No further actions have been determined as of the time of this post.
He is suspended for AT LEAST 6 games. This is not the final ruling and the NFL will appeal.

How's life, Miami Dolphins fans? Well, not very good lately, because the Dolphins were hit with suspensions, fines, and loss of draft picks. This stemmed from "integrity of the game" violations by Miami. Stephen Ross (MIA Dolphins owner) was disciplines for his tampering and tanking probe. For more information on the violations and the punishments, here is an article I found: https://kion546.com/news/national-w...raft-picks-after-tampering-and-tanking-probe/ .

Also, I read on Yahoo! Sports that Lewis Hamilton is now a co-owner of the Denver Broncos. Yes- THAT Lewis Hamilton. As in the 7-time Formula One World Champion and 100+ F1 Grands Prix victories Sir Lewis Hamilton.

I hope the Browns fans that were doing cartwheels and parades and 🤬 win/loss predictions for when Cleveland faced the Ravens in Week 7 have all drunken themselves into ditches somewhere. Watson may very well never play again, since if he's suspended for a year Cleveland essentially has to hope the unrepentant serial sexual predator will just behave himself while away from the team in the meantime.

Last edited:
The National Football League is back! To get the 2022 season going, we have the Jacksonville Jaguars taking on the Las Vegas Raiders. The game will be on NBC tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern Time.

Enjoy the game if you'll be watching!

The National Football League is BACK! Two NFL Preseason games happen tonight:

• NYG Giants at NE Patriots
  • TEN Titans at BAL Ravens

There are three Preseason games followed by 17 regular season games. If your beloved team(s) win all the Preseason games, good! If your beloved team(s) lose all the Preseason games, that's good too. The goal is just to not have so many players banged up and unable to play in the upcoming season.

Enjoy the action this weekend!

Reading about the performance of the starting Giants offense in the preseason game against the Pats I'm....bracing myself for a tough season.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong

Last edited:
Back