2022 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 415 comments
The Houston Texans hosted the New Orleans Saints in the first Preseason game of the 2022 season. We ended up winning 17-13. The Texans made their biggest statement with a late touchdown with about 34 seconds left in the game. The Texans' defense seemed better than the offense. Houston never really went for any big plays on offense. While I am not expecting much from the Texans this season, I still will support them. They still have a lot of work to do to return to being a playoffs contender. Though this was a preseason game, I was surprised the Saints didn't call a timeout late after a sack.

Well, how did your boys do this week, GTPlanet?

three interceptions and two TDs this week up at green bay. The spirit of gulfport's finest still haunts us.

Clearly I haven't been paying attention to the time of year, because I didn't realize Cincy played yesterday. It was a 36-23 loss to the Cardinals. I only recognize a handful of names in the stats, so I won't put any stock into the result. McPherson went 3-3 in his field goal tries, though, including a 56 and 58 yarder. He was damn impressive last year as a rookie, and he looks like he's ready to continue that trend in year number 2.

Last edited:
After watching the Lions pre-season game, they're 100% screwed if Goff goes down with an injury for any length of time. They really, really need a better solution for the backup QB. The offense looks to be clicking though.

11 games por Watson.
Still not enough but the NFL couldn't do more because of their past punishments. Still is a black eye when gambling on a game (that you aren't playing in) gets a bigger ban.

Still not enough but the NFL couldn't do more because of their past punishments. Still is a black eye when gambling on a game (that you aren't playing in) gets a bigger ban.
Abysmal, shameful, should've been a year ban, or at least raise the cash penalty. But I'm one to talk, I'm still going to watch football all season long.

Jerome

The Houston Texans and Los Angeles Rams played a Preseason match. The defending Super Bowl champs fell at home to the Texans 24-20. What gave the Rams life late in the 3rd Quarter was a scoop-and-score on a punt. The Rams failed to convert for two (would have tied at 14-14). The Texans played very decent defense and not-too-decent offense. This team has some fight in them for a team not expected to do much this upcoming season. Maybe Houston can flip the script and prove some people wrong. Still- Texans WIN!

Congratulations to all other winners of Preseason action this week!

The Houston Texans are 2-0 in the Preseason, and I think the defense is playing pretty well with some modest offense. It is understandable the Texans are without DeShaun Watson and a handful of offensive studs. However, this younger and leaner team seems slowly trying to move on from Watson. I still thought the dumbest moves in Texans history was letting go of J.J. Watt and DeAndre Hopkins. The Texans still have a lot of work to do to return to being playoff-worthy. Our final Preseason game is home against the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday.

This is a big week for all of the teams, as teams will try to cut down their roster and put together a team that can contend for a championship. No one ever knows what will happen throughout the course of a season. A team picked to finish 3-14 could end up 11-6 and make it all the way to the Super Bowl. This isn't like college where teams face sanctions that prevent them from making the postseason. EVERY team can make it to the Super Bowl. Who actually gets there, though, entirely depends. So play hard all season long!

Last night, the most insignificant, irrelevant winning streak in American sports continues, as the Baltimore Ravens defeated the Arizona Cardinals in Glendale for their 22nd(?) straight Preseason win. The Ravens haven't lost a Preseason game since 2015.

Tonight, we have a Preseason match between the Atlanta Falcons at the New York Jets. Both the Dirty Birds and the Jets are 1-0 on the Preseason. So we get a chance to see Blitz24's Jets on national TV in a Preseason game. Some think the 2022 Falcons could be in line for the first-overall NFL Draft pick. But we'll see what happens in this Preseason game if you'll be watching.

What do you all think about your favorite teams so far heading into this upcoming season?

It was 17-0 in favor of the Houston Texans hosting the San Francisco 49ers. This time, it wasn't even close. While the Texans didn't light up the scoreboard religiously, the Texans actually played some solid defense and had some fairly nice offense. An undefeated Preseason promises nothing for the regular season. However, if the Texans can learn from these games and put together a decent season, the Texans will do just fine. People predict five wins for Houston this season. I think they can be at best a .500 team. We'll see how the real season goes for Houston.

Houston = undefeated Preseason! Doesn't mean a doggone thing, but proud! Hopefully we prove doubters wrong this upcoming regular season...

Congratulations to all other Preseason winners of late!

Here are all of the teams who finished undefeated in the 2022 Preseason:

• BAL Ravens
  • CHI Bears
  • HOU Texans
  • NYJ Jets
  • LV Raiders
  • PIT Steelers

Yep. All six of these teams finished 3-0 in the 2022 NFL Preseason (Raiders went even 4-0 in the Preseason). I doubt any of these teams will finish undefeated all the way to hoisting the Lombardi Trophy on Super Bowl Sunday. Surely my Houston Texans aren't going to set the NFL world ablaze. Of these teams, the only team I'd really invest stock in (so to speak) to have the best 2022 NFL season, I'm going with the Baltimore Ravens.

Regular season begins September 8 with the Buffalo Bills at the Los Angeles Rams. So get psyched for the new season! Or of course... share your thoughts on the upcoming season. Like, how you think your favorite team(s) will do this season, what concerns you the most about this season, and stuff like that.

No matter who your favorite team is, no matter who your favorite players are, today begins the quest to determine a new Champion of the National Football League. One team at season's end will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Super Bowl LVII in Glendale, Arizona, USA. Tonight features the defending champions, the Los Angeles Rams, hosting the Buffalo Bills. Who knows? This could be a preview of this season's Super Bowl. Preseason is OVER. Every game from here until Super Bowl LVII is for the league championship.

Enjoy tonight's action as well as this upcoming season!

Let the Pickett Trubisky era begin. OL and ILBs are a real issue but I trust Tomlin to avoid a losing record, and hopefully we can sneak into the playoffs. Probably a year or two away from contending again but the offensive core is in place.

Well, the Rams looked awful. Considering the Lions get draft picks from them this year though, I don't hate it and hope the trend continues.

You can't win the championship in September, but it was still a statement win for the Buffalo Bills. You don't need to win every game to be a Championship contender. This isn't college football (speaking as a college football fan). So let's not say the Rams are done competing for a title.

Here are some matches among some of us GTPlaneteers:

• IND Colts at HOU Texans
  • SF 49ers at CHI Bears
  • PIT Steelers at CIN Bengals
  • PHI Eagles at DET Lions
  • NE Patriots at MIA Dolphins
  • BAL Ravens at NYJ Jets
  • CLE Browns at CAR Panthers
  • LV Raiders at LAC Chargers

SUNDAY NIGHT: TB Buccaneers at DAL Cowboys
MONDAY NIGHT: DEN Broncos at SEA Seahawks

I hope you folks get to enjoy the new season! Any thoughts of yours regarding the new season?

I need to temper my expectations. After last year's surprising run, the Bengals won't be sleepers this season. I just hope the Steelers don't take out Burrow's knee in the 1st quarter of the opener.

A bunch of musings coming up...

Regarding the Bengals, I think Cincinnati can take that game. The real wild card to Pittsburgh is how can the Steelers perform replacing Ben Roethlisberger. The game could be decided by maybe less than a touchdown. That is... if Cincy doesn't get wrecked.

Sports betting has certain predictions that the Houston Texans will lose every home game, and another prediction involves them starting 0-4. Here are the first four games for Houston this season: Colts, at Broncos, at Bears, and Chargers. People say we're probably going to win five games. However, some of us are hopeful thinking we'll knock down more than five wins (even if six). I do feel good about Lovie Smith coaching the team along with an improved defense.

Buffalo Bills are the team to beat in the AFC East, but I think Patriots/Dolphins can be a good barometer as to who will challenge Buffalo in the division. According to Yahoo! Sports, Miami is favored by -3.5 in this one. This game can finish pretty close.

One game I didn't mention was New Orleans at Atlanta. When I saw a preview for the Falcons in 2022, they were talked about like they are challenging for the first overall draft pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. So if that holds true, it's going to be a tough season of football in the ATL.

Anything can happen this weekend.

Enjoy this first Sunday of NFL action for this season, GTPlaneteers! Feel free to let us know how your beloved teams did this week.

The start of the Houston Texans' 2022 campaign had to be settled in Overtime. And in the end... we... tied. Houston led by as much as 20-6 until the Colts came roaring back to tie. Houston's defense was very good, and O.J. Howard had two touchdowns for Houston. Houston could have won the game on many chances. However... we had to settle for a tie. It's the first-ever time the Texans have recorded a regular season tie in the 20-year history of the Houston Texans.

We're at Denver next weekend. So methinks we'll have a GTPlanet inner-forum rivalry between myself and (a certain other GTPlaneteer) next week.

Congratulations to all winners from this week!

Last edited:
The Lions are very much a one-half team still. They looked awful in the 1st half and then figured out how to play football in the second. If they just played the whole game, they'd be division contenders.

At least Green Bay looks horrendous, and I enjoy that.

sigh

I hate facing the Steelers. Turnover after turnover for the offense, obviously not helped by an o-line that thought it was still the '21-'22 season. They come back at the end of the game, with Chase grabbing a game tying TD with 2 seconds left in regulation. Then the extra points gets blocked. :ouch: Into overtime we go. Pittsburgh wins the coin toss and gets the ball first. Cincy makes a stop, then screams down the field and gets into field goal range again. Barring a block, and having come off a franchise record 59 yard make earlier in the game, last year's rookie sensation McPherson takes his shot...and shanks it hard. :ouch: The Steelers come back down the field and attempt a field goal themselves. Boswell bonks it off the upright. Holy crap! Bengals get the ball back, get close to field goral range once again only for Burrow to get strip sacked on 3rd down at midfield. :ouch: Cincy recovers but is forced to punt. Pittsburgh makes their way down the field once more before finally hitting it for the win as time expires. :ouch:

A frustrating start to the season no doubt. At least there are 16 more games?

Edit: Forgot to mention I was at a bar in Indy with a couple of my brothers watching the game. I don't know how to describe the emotions from just about everyone there, you can probably imagine.

Last edited:
sigh

I hate facing the Steelers. Turnover after turnover for the offense, obviously not helped by an o-line that thought it was still the '21-'22 season. They come back at the end of the game, with Chase grabbing a game tying TD with 2 seconds left in regulation. Then the extra points gets blocked. :ouch: Into overtime we go. Pittsburgh wins the coin toss and gets the ball first. Cincy makes a stop, then screams down the field and gets into field goal range again. Barring a block, and having come off a franchise record 59 yard make earlier in the game, last year's rookie sensation McPherson takes his shot...and shanks it hard. :ouch: The Steelers come back down the field and attempt a field goal themselves. Boswell bonks it off the upright. Holy crap! Bengals get the ball back, get close to field goral range once again only for Burrow to get strip sacked on 3rd down at midfield. :ouch: Cincy recovers but is forced to punt. Pittsburgh makes their way down the field once more before finally hitting it for the win as time expires. :ouch:

Edit: Forgot to mention I was at a bar in Indy with a couple of my brothers watching the game. I don't know how to describe the emotions from just about everyone there, you can probably imagine.
Was somebody filling in for the regular long snapper? That extra point snap went back slow which could have contributed to it getting blocked and then the snap was high on the field goal attempt.

Broncos at Seahawks TONIGHT!

The AFC West meets the NFC West tonight for the first Monday Night Football of the 2022 NFL season. Get ready for some action from the Emerald City!

FAVORED: DEN (-6.5)
OVER/UNDER: 44 points

If you will be watching this game tonight, enjoy the game!

sigh

We may have won the battle but it seems we lost the war - Watt may well be out for the season now with a torn pec

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

For the first time in I think 11 years, I can say that the Giants are undefeated. No one is more shocked than me. I literally had my finger over the TV power button at half time....then I was like, well you never know.

It took a miracle play from Barkley, but so did it also when Cruz roasted the Jets for 94 yards a few years back. Maybe we just need that spark, or maybe I'm just daydreaming :lol: Either way, I'll be watching the Panthers game for certain next week 🤞

Jerome

Last edited:
Back