2022 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 724 comments
I read that Fabian Coulthard found out about the sale via Speedcafe’s Facebook post for the article.
That would sound right. How the drivers and maybe other staff have been dealt with like this for the last couple of years. Pretty poor.

Apparently despite being under contract both Coulthard and Jacobson aren't guaranteed their spots, with Pither being linked to a full time return thanks to his Coke backing (wonder what effect that would have on Macauley Jones?).

Tough decision. Sorry, but you’d have to let Coulthard go. Experienced race winner, in Coulthard, it’s just Jacobson seems more like Lebrocq. Get the right car under them and they’ll produce.

Apparently despite being under contract both Coulthard and Jacobson aren't guaranteed their spots, with Pither being linked to a full time return thanks to his Coke backing (wonder what effect that would have on Macauley Jones?).

Tough decision. Sorry, but you’d have to let Coulthard go. Experienced race winner, in Coulthard, it’s just Jacobson seems more like Lebrocq. Get the right car under them and they’ll produce.
To be honest the whole Team Sydney was a complete farce. I feel so awful for Coulthard and Jacobson it's complete bs what's going on.

Admittingly I've never been that big on Fabian but he'd be a good get for someone as a co-driver. He deserves better than plodding around at the back of the grid for another year.

Jacobson I'm still not entirely sold on, don't think he has shown that much since he came into the main game.

Last edited:
Admittingly I've never been that big on Fabian but he'd be a good get for someone as a co-driver. He deserves better than plodding around at the back of the grid for another year.

Jacobson I'm still not entirely sold on, don't think he has shown that much since he came into the main game.
I agree, he doesn’t seem like the superstar driver he showed in the DVS.

It sucks because, Jacobson didn’t get to FPR/PRA/Tickford after he won the Dunlop series. Had he gone straight to the team after winning the Championship(like Waters), he may have faired better. Same for Lebrocq. Especially when Stanaway was given the seat.

I see you found that test video before me. After seeing the cars testing, I must say I'm loving the Camaro look & sounds. I'd still like to know what GM has planned after they stop selling the street Camaro.

I know it's only early days of testing the Gen 3 cars but does anyone else think the best way to test is to not limit drivers to the brand they'll race?

I would have thought a direct comparison would be the ultimate test and as both cars are owned by Supercars there should be no major issues if they run a closed test with no filming so the individual sponsors don't get upset.

I really really really really hope SC didn’t bamboozle us with the reveal wheels. Don’t like those shiny multi-spokes on the test cars. I want those mesh wheels.
I don't like those wheels either. I've never been a fan of having too many spokes. I think this comes from my motorbike days when cleaning them was a pain, so much so that my last bike had near solid rims like the one below.

2008-Harley-Davidson-Dyna-Fat-Bob-Rear-Wheel.jpg

It would be criminal if he goes from being seen as a #2 driver, to languishing in the grid’s worst seat, to being dumped due to contract BS, to co-driving, to obscurity.

Don’t get me wrong, Coulthard never held a candle to Scotty, but it’s fair to say he’s one of the 10 best drivers in the championship. Like Davison before him, I really hope to see him in a decent seat for next season.

Thing was, he did a good job at BJR. He’s similar to Tander and Percat. It’s tough when there are drivers like Slade and Holdsworth and look at Caruso on the sidelines. They can drive and have the ability to win.
Man, imagine if Lee and Slade stayed at Erebus. What if Wil stayed too?

Yeah, Coulthard got the short end of the stick, having to drive a car tuned for the #17.I dunno, it’s like a Barrichello/Irvine/Boltas/insert every other “No.2” in history, unfortunate situation.

It would be criminal if he goes from being seen as a #2 driver, to languishing in the grid’s worst seat, to being dumped due to contract BS, to co-driving, to obscurity.

Don’t get me wrong, Coulthard never held a candle to Scotty, but it’s fair to say he’s one of the 10 best drivers in the championship. Like Davison before him, I really hope to see him in a decent seat for next season.
Thing was, he did a good job at BJR. He’s similar to Tander and Percat. It’s tough when there are drivers like Slade and Holdsworth and look at Caruso on the sidelines. They can drive and have the ability to win.
Man, imagine if Lee and Slade stayed at Erebus. What if Wil stayed too?

Yeah, Coulthard got the short end of the stick, having to drive a car tuned for the #17.I dunno, it’s like a Barrichello/Irvine/Boltas/insert every other “No.2” in history, unfortunate situation.

Three more REC's would do it. One for MSR and two more to shut Adderton the **** up should do the job. 28 cars on the grid would be much better for everyone except, with the way the new structure is, the incoming owners of Supercars.

Although I'm not really sure if PA really wants them as there seems to be occasions where he could've bought a REC or two if he really wanted them but he's always got an excuse not to.

I read that supe cheap article in Speescafe. A comment I read of how even if though Supercheap were hard done by Supercars, they bounced back, by sponsoring a car in the 1000 and now are Stamping their name with another group.

It was recommended PA do the same instead of complaining.

Has anyone ever experienced a decline faster than Fabian has? Quite incredible that this has all happened to him over the space of a couple of years.

Back