2022 US Mid-Term Elections Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 459 comments
TB
"Believe in the Constitution."

That's not going to sit will with TFG.
FZ_7PT7VQAEOP2L.jpeg

Last edited:
If only Walker had displayed as much sobriety during the campaign as he did during his concession speech (or at least spoke in intelligible sentences) he might have stood a better chance with independent voters. But I guess his handlers thought otherwise.

Perhaps Greg Rowland can swing Hersch a job working in Johnson County law enforcement provided his sheriff's badge isn't too rusty.

Last edited:
If Walker actually loses with grace and doesn't start any, "Stolen Election, reee!!" nonsense, he'll be a better GOPer than a solid chunk of those folks.
I think his NFL career prepared him for that, ironically.

What an utter fix! Republicans clearly had more of the land. :D

View attachment 1213983

Hopefully Herschel will concede gracefully and not blame werewolves and vampires.
I'm actually surprised by that blue area in SW Georgia. I have business dealings with some of the people in that area and they are as redneck as they come. I wouldn't have figured that area as being anywhere close to a blue majority.

I'm actually surprised by that blue area in SW Georgia. I have business dealings with some of the people in that area and they are as redneck as they come. I wouldn't have figured that area as being anywhere close to a blue majority.
Cities tend to lean to the left. The result of having to live with a more diverse population and at closer quarters.

I'd also say that a baffoon like Walker wasn't going to help the right, not with his well documented personal life being in contrast to the ticket he was trying to sell himself on.

Cities tend to lean to the left. The result of having to live with a more diverse population and at closer quarters.

I'd also say that a baffoon like Walker wasn't going to help the right, not with his well documented personal life being in contrast to the ticket he was trying to sell himself on.
SW Georgia doesn't really have any large cities. I can't even think of any off the top of my head (Phenix City area is more Western GA near the center of the state border with Alabama).

Last edited:
SW Georgia doesn't really have any large cities. I can't even think of any off the top of my head (Phenix City area is more Western GA near the center of the state).
Missed the bit about SW Georgia
:dunce:

The district map doesn't highlight Columbus, which looks to be a University city, so that would account for a lot of the blue. Looking on Google maps, loads of those blue districts look to fall on areas of low population too, so wouldn't take many votes there to swing a result. (Also wouldn't add many votes to the total either).

Last edited:
SW Georgia doesn't really have any large cities. I can't even think of any off the top of my head (Phenix City area is more Western GA near the center of the state border with Alabama).
Yeah that's what I was getting at. Thomasville is where the people I deal with live and that's about 18,000 I think. That's mainly a rural area. I would have thought that was solid Republican territory.

Probably the worst GE candidate for Senate in modern American history, if not ever.
And look how close it was.
Perhaps not so surprising considering it was a solid red state for so long. It takes a special kind of stable genius to throw that kind of monopoly away for his party, especially against in a mid election year against the party in government.

Last edited:
This is going to be on Roberts and, probably, Barret to essentially save Democracy itself. I would find it insane for the courts to abandon their own prerogative, but we are dealing with Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito here, so...

This is going to be on Roberts and, probably, Barret to essentially save Democracy itself. I would find it insane for the courts to abandon their own prerogative, but we are dealing with Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito here, so...
Barrett is surprising me here, seemingly pushing back hardest among the conservatives against the appellants' argument. Kavanaugh seems to be with Barrett, Roberts and the liberals. Jackson is such a badass; I really like Breyer but she's a fine replacement on the Court.

Gorsuch seems swayed by the appellants' argument along with Thomas and Alito, even distorting relevant facts to get there as he did in Kennedy*, and Thomas is apparently reversing himself to get there, though I'm not super up on his earlier position(s) to confirm that.

*Seriously, this worthless mother****er is a partisan hack, making McConnell's deceit all the more despicable.

Last edited:
Barrett is surprising me here, seemingly pushing back hardest among the conservatives against the appellants' argument. Kavanaugh seems to be with Barrett, Roberts and the liberals. Jackson is such a badass; I really like Breyer but she's a fine replacement on the Court.

Gorsuch seems swayed by the appelants' argument along with Thomas and Alito, even distorting relevant facts to get there as he did in Kennedy*, and Thomas is apparently reversing himself to get there, though I'm not super up on his earlier position(s) to confirm that.

*Seriously, this worthless mother****er is a partisan hack, making McConnell's deceit all the more despicable.
Thomas' actual position is, perennially, "own the libs" so I doubt he's reversing himself on that, whatever practical outcome might arise. :lol:

Gorsuch seems swayed by the appelants' argument along with Thomas and Alito, even distorting relevant facts to get there as he did in Kennedy*, and Thomas is apparently reversing himself to get there, though I'm not super up on his earlier position(s) to confirm that.

Thomas' actual position is, perennially, "own the libs" so I doubt he's reversing himself on that, whatever practical outcome might arise. :lol:
Given the shenanigans Thomas's wife went through regarding elections, I think Thomas should be recusing himself here as well. It seems.... very related.

Missed the bit about SW Georgia
:dunce:

The district map doesn't highlight Columbus, which looks to be a University city, so that would account for a lot of the blue. Looking on Google maps, loads of those blue districts look to fall on areas of low population too, so wouldn't take many votes there to swing a result. (Also wouldn't add many votes to the total either).

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Thomasville is where the people I deal with live and that's about 18,000 I think. That's mainly a rural area. I would have thought that was solid Republican territory.
You're all missing the obvious answer and this article from 2020 highlights it and helps put into context why Herschel Walker has been relatively successful compared to Loeffler. This demographics map shows it clearly. Southwest GA is rural and black which is unusual for any rural area in the US, even in the South, although there are some notable areas with similar demographics and voting habits.

Columbus GA is well north of the southwest GA region in question and is rightly blue due to the educated and college population combined with typical urban demographics. Of this blue region, Dougherty County is the only county with a notable school or city, Albany State Unversity which is a HBCU. Apparently it combined with another HBCU in town recently but still only has 6,200 students on campus although Albany itself only has 68,000 people.

NYT's map shows the results clearly as well. These other counties have extremely low populations with no towns or schools of note, literally hundreds of voters in some cases, and Walker resonated well with the ~60% black population, losing by a slim margin in all of them except the school-centric and educated counties.

The internet hates this one little trick but sometimes race really is the answer.

Last edited:
You're all missing the obvious answer and this article from 2020 highlights it and helps put into context why Herschel Walker has been relatively successful compared to Loeffler. This demographics map shows it clearly. Southwest GA is rural and black which is unusual for any rural area in the US, even in the South, although there are some notable areas with similar demographics and voting habits.

Columbus GA is well north of the southwest GA region in question and is rightly blue due to the educated and college population combined with typical urban demographics. Of this blue region, Dougherty County is the only county with a notable school or city, Albany State Unversity which is a HBCU. Apparently it combined with another HBCU in town recently but still only has 6,200 students on campus although Albany itself only has 68,000 people.

NYT's map shows the results clearly as well. These other counties have extremely low populations with no towns or schools of note, literally hundreds of voters in some cases, and Walker resonated well with the ~60% black population, losing by a slim margin in all of them except the school-centric and educated counties.

The internet hates this one little trick but sometimes race really is the answer.
Did they not trust the other black guy because he seemed too educated? :confused:

Last edited:
I guess race wasn't the answer in this case. You just can't trust people with an education, huh?
Especially black people with an education, because education is white kool-aid. What better way for them to make you live how they want you to than to teach you what they want you to know?! This is an understandable mindset with a whole lot of precedent that exists in black American culture all across the country.

But that's a bit different than the most self-destructive mindset which is of black Republicans, at least in this modern era, because Republicans cater specifically to less educated townsfolk and people with limited opportunities, and they're proud of this association and want to keep it that way. Republicans literally want to keep dumb and poor people dumb and poor, and Republican-voting dumb and poor people are proud of being dumb and poor. Toss a black guy into that pool and what's that sound like to you all the sudden? Sounds like the way it used to be...well, Republicans love the way it used to be. I'd use the words they use to describe this situation, I hear them every day in my own life, I've got family members who say them all the time, but GTP is amongst that half of society that doesn't tolerate it.

Remember that scene from the America special of Top Gear when they were in the dirty south of Alabama? There wasn't even a black guy in that scene. Ever seen Chappelle's Show, the skit with the black Klansman? Hell that might've been at the same gas station. American politics forces race to be a top-level issue and I can't stress enough that if you want to understand racism in America you should absolutely watch TV shows and movies because they're the only things that capture how ridiculous it actually is. In softer words, Senator Kennedy literally told potential voters that this dumb black guy is the man for them.

I wish we could see election vote demographics because seeing all the white bumpkins voting for Walker would be frankly hilarious. It's kind of ironic that they were convinced to vote for one of their least favorite things lmao.

Especially black people with an education, because education is white kool-aid. What better way for them to make you live how they want you to than to teach you what they want you to know?! This is an understandable mindset with a whole lot of precedent that exists in black American culture all across the country.

But that's a bit different than the most self-destructive mindset which is of black Republicans, at least in this modern era, because Republicans cater specifically to less educated townsfolk and people with limited opportunities, and they're proud of this association and want to keep it that way. Republicans literally want to keep dumb and poor people dumb and poor, and Republican-voting dumb and poor people are proud of being dumb and poor. Toss a black guy into that pool and what's that sound like to you all the sudden? Sounds like the way it used to be...well, Republicans love the way it used to be. I'd use the words they use to describe this situation, I hear them every day in my own life, I've got family members who say them all the time, but GTP is amongst that half of society that doesn't tolerate it.

Remember that scene from the America special of Top Gear when they were in the dirty south of Alabama? There wasn't even a black guy in that scene. Ever seen Chappelle's Show, the skit with the black Klansman? Hell that might've been at the same gas station. American politics forces race to be a top-level issue and I can't stress enough that if you want to understand racism in America you should absolutely watch TV shows and movies because they're the only things that capture how ridiculous it actually is. In softer words, Senator Kennedy literally told potential voters that this dumb black guy is the man for them.

I wish we could see election vote demographics because seeing all the white bumpkins voting for Walker would be frankly hilarious. It's kind of ironic that they were convinced to vote for one of their least favorite things lmao.
I haven't seen either of those shows although I've heard about the first one. I kind of figured it was more of a dumb and poor thing and race was just the **** icing on the **** cake for a demographic which has three strikes against them.

Last edited:
"White people made up about 62 per cent of the vote, 70 per cent of whom voted for Mr Walker. Broken down by gender, 71 per cent of white men and 30 per cent of white women voted for Mr Warnock."

How do I get to 70% of white people voting for Walker if 71% of white men voted for Warnock? Unless not many white men voted, which based on the overall split seems very unlikely.

"White people made up about 62 per cent of the vote, 70 per cent of whom voted for Mr Walker. Broken down by gender, 71 per cent of white men and 30 per cent of white women voted for Mr Warnock."

How do I get to 70% of white people voting for Walker if 71% of white men voted for Warnock? Unless not many white men voted, which based on the overall split seems very unlikely.
I tried to find the data this was based on but the tweet the article references is from a dead account. According to the comments it's a typo.

After looking a little longer I found this link which says around 71% of white men voted for Walker not Warnock on election day.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-elections/exit-polls?icid=election_marquee

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me that so many white people voted for Walker. Black men doing the bidding of their white masters has been pretty popular with white Georgians for a few centuries.

Last edited:
This is one of the stranger stories coming out of the 2022 elections. George Santos is an openly gay Jewish Republican who won New York's open 3rd district seat, which was a pick up for Republicans in a redrawn district that went for Biden in 2020 by 10+ points. He attended NYU and earned degrees in finance and economics from Baruch College, worked at Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, and runs a charity called Friends of Pets United. He also has his own company, the Devolder Organization which is doing so well, he was able to loan his own campaign $700,000. Oh, and he owns thirteen rental properties in New York.

Except that every single thing in his bio appears to be a lie.

He's not Jewish, despite claiming his grandparents fled the Holocaust. He now claims he discovered Jewish heritage on his mother's side, and he only mean he's "Jew-ish." He's actually Catholic.

Neither Baruch College or NYU have any record of him being enrolled, much less earning degrees.

Neither Goldman Sachs or Citigroup have record of him being employed by them.

No record of the properties he claims to own exists.

His charity does not seem to exist.

The Devolder Organization does exist but has no client list and no visible income. Despite the complete lack of visible income, he's been spending money big time. Where that money is coming from, no one knows. It's especially interesting since he has an unresolved check bouncing conviction back in his native Brazil, and has a long history of being evicted for not paying rent.

He claimed to live on Long Island with his husband Matt, but no one has ever met Matt, and the only record of him being married was to his Brazilian wife whom he divorced in 2019. Of course a man can be married to a woman and still be gay, but considering the complete absence of his claimed husband and all the other lies, it's likely he lied about being gay, too.

Oh yeah, he might not even be an American citizen.

Gabbi Tulsard (!) took him to town for his many lies on Fox News of all places. The sad thing is while many Republicans in Congress are denouncing his lies, they aren't calling for his resignation, because Kevin McCarthy, who wants to be the Speaker of the House, is facing strong opposition from his own party's extremists, and needs every vote he can get. Even the vote of a complete liar.

This is one of the stranger stories coming out of the 2022 elections. George Santos is an openly gay Jewish Republican who won New York's open 3rd district seat, which was a pick up for Republicans in a redrawn district that went for Biden in 2020 by 10+ points. He attended NYU and earned degrees in finance and economics from Baruch College, worked at Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, and runs a charity called Friends of Pets United. He also has his own company, the Devolder Organization which is doing so well, he was able to loan his own campaign $700,000. Oh, and he owns thirteen rental properties in New York.

Except that every single thing in his bio appears to be a lie.

He's not Jewish, despite claiming his grandparents fled the Holocaust. He now claims he discovered Jewish heritage on his mother's side, and he only mean he's "Jew-ish." He's actually Catholic.

Neither Baruch College or NYU have any record of him being enrolled, much less earning degrees.

Neither Goldman Sachs or Citigroup have record of him being employed by them.

No record of the properties he claims to own exists.

His charity does not seem to exist.

The Devolder Organization does exist but has no client list and no visible income. Despite the complete lack of visible income, he's been spending money big time. Where that money is coming from, no one knows. It's especially interesting since he has an unresolved check bouncing conviction back in his native Brazil, and has a long history of being evicted for not paying rent.

He claimed to live on Long Island with his husband Matt, but no one has ever met Matt, and the only record of him being married was to his Brazilian wife whom he divorced in 2019. Of course a man can be married to a woman and still be gay, but considering the complete absence of his claimed husband and all the other lies, it's likely he lied about being gay, too.

Oh yeah, he might not even be an American citizen.

Gabbi Tulsard (!) took him to town for his many lies on Fox News of all places. The sad thing is while many Republicans in Congress are denouncing his lies, they aren't calling for his resignation, because Kevin McCarthy, who wants to be the Speaker of the House, is facing strong opposition from his own party's extremists, and needs every vote he can get. Even the vote of a complete liar.

Sounds like a new season of Seinfeld. Is his husband an importer - exporter, by any chance?

Back