2022 US Mid-Term Elections Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 459 comments
The judge has heard the opening arguments in Kari Lake's case against Katie Hobbs and Maricopa county.
On the 19th he dismissed eight out of ten claims Lake's team have made, allowing the remaining two to go forward.
The two remaining claims in Lake v. Hobbs have been dismissed by the judge making it ten for ten.

Last edited:
Perhaps I spoke too soon. She's appealing this case as well! :lol:

Last edited:
You lose willy wonka GIF

When she fails again...

103285720_3035943429776797_3407164209055377055_n.jpg
Perhaps she can't find it because it's affixed firmly to her forehead and her helpers think it stands for "Lake".

It doesn't show up when she looks in the mirror because the reflection is so blurry and out of focus.

Let it end.

Last edited:
Whoops... moved to America thread.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Fake hasn't started calling herself "the people's governor". Maybe because she isn't the governor of the people which happened to cast the largest number of votes.

Perhaps she should focus on something more productive than blurring the issue.

Last edited:
Looks like calls for the man who's allegedly known as George Santos are starting to come in:
Goodness, why? He's done nothing unethical.

And because he helps the Republicans numbers, they won't do anything to him. I'm assuming it would have to come from the people in his district?

TB
And because he helps the Republicans numbers, they won't do anything to him. I'm assuming it would have to come from the people in his district?
Republicans won't do anything unless there is a warrant put out for his arrest/extradition. They care more about the party numbers than they do about keeping someone completely unfit in the House (see however many of the past years).

Republicans won't do anything unless there is a warrant put out for his arrest/extradition. They care more about the party numbers than they do about keeping someone completely unfit in the House (see however many of the past years).
These folks won't respond to subpoenas from Congress, extradition to Brazil might barely get them to actually get rid of him.

So when do the criminal charges show up? Lying to voters and getting elected fraudulently seems like doing crime.
Lol, they won't ever because McCarthy is too scared to work with the Democrats so he won't risk losing an ally.

So when do the criminal charges show up? Lying to voters and getting elected fraudulently seems like doing crime.
The unprotected status of fraudulent speech hinges on legitimate material benefit secured as a direct result of that fraudulent speech. If fraudulent speech fails to meet that standard, it's protected against state action.

I think even if you accept holding public office as a legitimate material benefit (I guess it's technically employment), that Santos/DeVolder/Ravache* secured it as a direct result of the lies he/they told is questionable.

*Possibly most politically damning, especially among conservatives given the contemporary moral panic directed against drag performers, Santos is alleged to have performed as a drag queen in Brazil with the stage name Kitara Ravache.
Of course I also wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being a total non-issue for Republicans. After all, if it wasn't for double standards, Republicans would have no standards at all.

Last edited:
The unprotected status of fraudulent speech hinges on legitimate material benefit secured as a direct result of that fraudulent speech. If fraudulent speech fails to meet that standard, it's protected against state action.

I think even if you accept holding public office as a legitimate material benefit (I guess it's technically employment), that Santos/DeVolder/Ravache* secured it as a direct result of the lies he/they told is questionable.

*Possibly most politically damning, especially among conservatives given the contemporary moral panic directed against drag performers, Santos is alleged to have performed as a drag queen in Brazil with the stage name Kitara Ravache.
Of course I also wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being a total non-issue for Republicans. After all, if it wasn't for double standards, Republicans would have no standards at all.
If Santos et al literally forged their resumes as he alledgely did then I don't think it's very questionable. Hell, pilot logbooks are hand written in good faith but if they're found to be fraudulent it can become a felony crime. That's not exactly parallel because I don't think you can become a certificated politician but surely he was subject to a pre-employment background check as part of holding public office. Often these vetting processes take months, especially when clearances are required, but government employees will be given their positions with menial duties until those checks are complete. I've got friends who have pushed papers for months at the AFB before their clearances were approved.

Last edited:
If Santos et al literally forged their resumes as he alledgely did then I don't think it's very questionable.
This isn't someone who was hired for a job based on false claims of experience relevant to that job. This is someone who lied about their life and was voted into office by an electorate who did so for any of myriad different reasons. That's certainly not a direct result and it very likely doesn't meet the standard for fraud.

He was working under cover as part of his spy career, you might have seen the movies based on some of his missions, which were said to be impossible.

Last edited:
He was working under cover as part of his spy career, you might have seen the movies based on some of his missions, which were said to be impossible.
He was just cruising by that point.

How long until someone Hunts up his next fib?

Oh, wait. A believable one this time!

H4L8isB.jpeg

Of course denial may as well be confirmation given the frequency with which this one lies.

And still more damning among fellow Republicans than even stealing from that vet's dying dog GoFundMe; theft is a virtue for that crowd.

Back