2023 FIA World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter suomi1
  • 984 comments
View attachment 1263007
The peugeot in p2 < 100ms behind the toyota :D
The Peugeots never improved, maybe they were satisfied with their program. Final results are:

The fastest GTE was a GMB Aston at 3:55.020 while the Hendrick Nascar ran a 3:49.475 by Mike Rockenfeller. That car chopped about four seconds overall today. What was a 3 second gap to GTE has become 5.5 which is an impressive improvement.

Haven’t really kept up to date with WEC recently so very disappointed to find out they’ll be no more Corvette Racing effort next year when they move to GT3. More so after finding out they’re only running a single AM class without any of their drivers who have been with the team so long (other than Nicky Catsburg), doesn’t really feel like Corvette Racing.

Haven’t really kept up to date with WEC recently so very disappointed to find out they’ll be no more Corvette Racing effort next year when they move to GT3. More so after finding out they’re only running a single AM class without any of their drivers who have been with the team so long (other than Nicky Catsburg), doesn’t really feel like Corvette Racing.
That's a shame, but potentially Pratt and Miller will be operating the cars so that's about as close as you can get to a factory effort. I wish these companies would come to better agreements - Ford is entering the Mustang as a factory effort.

Anyway, more on the Garage 56 car. Apparently wider rear wheels and 1.5 inch wider rear tires are part of the Le Mans package among various other small changes:

Last edited:
Well its to be expected, GT3 is effectively a Pro-Am category so Factory teams aren't allowed. Factory drivers and some personnel are allowed, but nothing like with Corvette Racing so its hardly a shock. That's just the way it is.
That's a shame, but potentially Pratt and Miller will be operating the cars so that's about as close as you can get to a factory effort. I wish these companies would come to better agreements - Ford is entering the Mustang as a factory effort.
Like hell they will. As I just said, Factory teams aren't allowed in GT3 (The only reason Corvette Racing was even allowed to in IMSA for the past seasons was because they ran a car modified to compete with GT3 cars while developing a bespoke GT3 car, otherwise they are the only true last full factory effort) so "Ford Racing" sure isn't going to be allowed with its purpose built GT3 car. At most, Maybe as Multimatic or someone else with Ford Support (And that Ford Racing livery possibly) in the form of drivers and some personnel but thats as close as "Factory" as your gonna get in a class thats primary about Customer Racing (Hence the likes of "Mercedes Customer Racing" or "Audi Customer Racing" throughout GT3).

Apparently the G56 NASCAR's at a 3:47.9 as of right now, and the fastest GTE car is just barely into the 3:51s. That is some serious speed out of that American brick. I can't wait to watch the full race.

Apparently the G56 NASCAR's at a 3:47.9 as of right now, and the fastest GTE car is just barely into the 3:51s. That is some serious speed out of that American brick. I can't wait to watch the full race.
Breaking news: Famous NASCAR team builds a Dummy thicc quick brick. More at 11:00

Seriously though, this is far more impressive then I ever could've expected. I would not believe a word if you told me last year that a essentially modified Cup car was going to destroy Purpose built GTE cars by 5 or so seconds on lap times at Le Mans.

Last edited:

Anyway, more on the Garage 56 car. Apparently wider rear wheels and 1.5 inch wider rear tires are part of the Le Mans package among various other small changes:

I watched all of those last night. Very informative. Really liked it.

There was a video up on Youtube that pretty much all footage of the Garage 56 car during the test day.

Here is the video

Last edited:
So I guess the Pro's are qualifying the GTE cars, anyway I'm not surprised the 488's are on top. BOP game winners.

They must have removed the big spoiler on the Camaro because its now into the back of the LMP2 field @ 314 kph.

Motortrend didnt archive the sessions from today, I guess their VHS tape was full of daytime soaps.

"...idiots who like to run circuits", narrator telling about circuit de la sarthe and how it consists of a permanent race track and public roads and who uses these public roads

Impressive, but i wonder if that will be evened out with fuel consuption and tyre wear meaning more frequent pit stops?

They're also built to race for, on average, three hours at a time. Components will have to last eight times that for Le Mans.

Impressive, but i wonder if that will be evened out with fuel consuption and tyre wear meaning more frequent pit stops?

They're also built to race for, on average, three hours at a time. Components will have to last eight times that for Le Mans.
You should check out the technical walkthrough over on the RACER YT channel. IIRC the next gen cup cars are designed with much longer service intervals.

Last edited:
You should check out the technical walkthrough over on the RACER YT channel. IIRC the next gen cup cars are designed with much longer service intervals.
Jenson said that when they have to change brakes it's going to take them about 5 minutes as opposed to 1 minute for everyone else so that's basically going to cost them a lap.

There are so many times when I question if having a drinking game for LMP3 crashes is a good idea, mostly because I geniunely think someone might get alcohol poisoning.

Red flag, Cadillac on fire

1686249000485.png

1686249006859.png

There's about 5 min left in the session. I think there should be enough for a flyer. Going to be a one lap shootout for everyone lol

And that's Ferrari on pole. Can they last 24 hours?
Af corse!! (as they say in Glasgow)....

What are the chances they'll get BoP'd before the start? They're so much faster than the others on the straight
Can they do that? I would have thought that you can't change the BoP after qualifying, though I do confess that I don't know jack about how BoP works.

Last edited:
Can they do that? I would have thought that you can't change the BoP after qualifying, though I do confess that I don't know jack about how BoP works.
The ACO did it in 2019 with the Pro Astons. Qualified on pole and then BOP'd completely out of contention race morning.

Last edited:
Anyone wonder if they should have technical regulations and just let them race. That Ferrari is faster you? Make your bloody car faster then.

Anyone wonder if they should have technical regulations and just let them race. That Ferrari is faster you? Make your bloody car faster then.
That was the whole point of hypercars (lmdh/hypercars): give the manufacturer fewer limitations/rules and allow them to do what ever they want.

The onboard cameras are very bad, constantly breaking up and freezing. You woud think its a new technology ! Hope they resolve it before Saturday.

Last edited:
Back