2023 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 768 comments
One of these years, William Byron is gonna finish a Daytona 500 without wrecking. 😔

Herbst finishes 10th, Pastrana 11th, Daly 29th.

Last edited:
Xfinity race ppd until Sunday at 5 PM PT due to the weather (rain/snow). Cup series SHOULD be able to get run tomorrow.

John Hunter Nemechek will win the final (:() NASCAR race at Auto Club Speedway.

Last edited:
With this win, Kyle Busch has broken the record held by Richard Petty for most consecutive seasons with at least 1 win. This being his 19th.
"... Be able to race this Cam -- uh, Camaro." lol

Last edited:
I've heard from some people that staff at ACS were saying to them as they departed "see you in 2025." 2025 is probably the earliest the new track will be available but there is so much uncertainty surrounding the entire thing that if ACS is gone and never rebuilt that won't shock me either.

Tonight is round 2 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series. Racing for the first time at the Milwaukee Mile. Race starts tonight at 9pm ET.

Very good Twitter thread on the new Short Track/Road Course aero package that will debut at Phoenix.

Josh Berry will be in the #9 after Chase Elliott injured himself snowboarding.

Considering his injury required surgery I have to imagine Vegas won't be the only race he misses. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.

Josh Berry will be in the #9 after Chase Elliott injured himself snowboarding.

Considering his injury required surgery I have to imagine Vegas won't be the only race he misses. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.
Ughhh Ohhhh come on Chase! =((((((

Wishing him a speedy recovery...

Last edited:
While I am partial to Chase, I do not believe he should receive a waiver for the playoffs if he were to miss multiple races. Unlike what happened with Busch in 2015 (which was an injury in a sanctioned NASCAR event), Elliott's injury came from an extra-curricular activity that has in the past been dangerous (Sonny Bono lost his life to a skiing accident). This type of activity should be prohibited in-season. If he somehow cannot manage to be in top 30 and win a race and NASCAR grants him a waiver, they might as well get rid of the points system because there are too many exceptions and loopholes.

While I am partial to Chase, I do not believe he should receive a waiver for the playoffs if he were to miss multiple races. Unlike what happened with Busch in 2015 (which was an injury in a sanctioned NASCAR event), Elliott's injury came from an extra-curricular activity that has in the past been dangerous (Sonny Bono lost his life to a skiing accident).
Tony Stewart received a waiver in 2016 after breaking his back in an ATV accident so I have to imagine Chase will get one as well.

Tony Stewart received a waiver in 2016 after breaking his back in an ATV accident so I have to imagine Chase will get one as well.
Tony’s first chase waiver was in 2014 after the Kevin Ward incident where he missed 3 races and came back the last 2 before the chase started.

Rodney Sandstorm (AKA Jordan Taylor) is running the CoTA race, Berry will continue running the ovals.

Back