Premium
United States
Hope Mills, NC
GTP_Dylan_GTP
195F3EFF-A208-40CC-8D05-3947EEFA3FBE.png

NXS_Primary_rgb-lg_320x320.png
Web+NGOTRS.png

2023 972303-e92879d5a2f3198ee908ab2a0877c9ca.png

This is the discussion thread for the 2023 NASCAR Season. Coming off a memorable 2022 season which saw 19 different winners in the Cup seires, this season looks to be just as competitive. This year marks the end of the Kyle Busch #18 era as he makes the switch to the #8 Richard Childress Chevrolet for this season. Tyler Reddick takes over for the retired Kurt Busch at 23XI. And Jimmie Johnson makes his Cup series return for a select few races for Petty GMS, which he now has an ownership stake in. The Cup Series makes it's long awaited return to North Wilkesboro for the All-Star Race, and a new tradition begins in Chicago with a street race.
The Xfinity series loses arguably it's 3 best drivers as Noah Gragson, Ty Gibbs, and AJ Allmendinger go full time Cup racing this year. It will be interesting to see who rises to the top this year.
And finally the Truck Series gets new title sponsorship from Craftsman Tools.
2023 cup.jpg

2023 xfinity.jpg
2023 truck.jpg
A79A7E80-B6CE-42EC-9326-BBFF932859A8.jpeg

Last edited:
Hopefully Disney LA can get the rights back to broadcast NASCAR next year in either Fox Sports or ESPN (just like they did with IndyCar after YEARS)! A year without NASCAR (more salt to the wound if we consider it was gen7's debut) after a non-stop run was enough!!

Rooting for Trackhouse next year... In their 2nd year they got everything right and got a solid championship run!! Impresive for a debuting NASCAR team!! 😁

Last edited:
The 15 team is on the clock - they finished in the bottom 3 among charter teams in 2021 and 2022, and when (no, not if) they repeat that next year, Rick Ware Racing becomes a 1-charter team in 2024 when NASCAR seizes the charter.

This news is a bit surprising. I wonder if Almirola's un-retiring forced their hand to move Custer down?

This news is a bit surprising. I wonder if Almirola's un-retiring forced their hand to move Custer down?
Custer had a terrible 3 seasons in the 41. His only credit is bringing the 41 to victory lane when Suarez couldn't.

Ryan Preece has Harvick as a talent agent, or some weird "agent" relationship. I figured he was going to replace Harvick. But it appears Stewart probably has other plans. :lol:

It would appear the Rick Ware Racing is forming a technical alliance with Roush Fenway Keselowski Racing.

So it's going to be Rick Ware Roush Fenway Keslowski Racing. That's a mouthful.

Last edited:
So it's going to be Rick Ware Roush Fenway Keslowski Racing. That's a mouthful.
They will still be separate teams, sort of like how Petty worked out of the RCR shop prior to GMS and Wood Brothers working out of Penske.

William Byron and Jeff Gordon will be on Fox’s “LEGO Masters” tonight.

Last edited:

Original signage still used. Will we see a Winston Cup "Wardrobe" malfunction on live TV? :lol:
I would say they might take a page from F1's book do some digital buggery to alter them in a way that makes them unreadable on TV, but I doubt they would go to that length. Wouldn't be surprised if they just threw some tarps over certain signs while the cameras were around and said "oops, renovations weren't done in time".

I guess we will be going to the Chicago street course next year, as that was one of my presents yesterday. I need to look up a track map to find out exactly where our seats are. I know they are on Michigan Ave, just not exactly where.

It will be interesting to see how Parker does, he had some impressive runs in the starts he had this past season. It's also nice to see Anderson's team expanding, they've shown they can be competitive, just not consistently, so hopefully having an extra car on track will help that.

OP updated with the just released schedule for the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series

It will be interesting to see how Parker does, he had some impressive runs in the starts he had this past season. It's also nice to see Anderson's team expanding, they've shown they can be competitive, just not consistently, so hopefully having an extra car on track will help that.

Parker's one of my favorite drivers. Kid's got a good work ethic, too.

It's no Hendrick, or Joe gibbs, but hopefully Jordan Anderson gets some lightning in a bottle the way Trackhouse did.

Last edited:
Jeb Burton is definitely a step down from Myatt Snider. I am sure that money was involved in getting a field filler a ride.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. to race at fall Bristol in Xfinity.

Edit: Also new Ally paint schemes for Bowman.

Last edited:
NASCAR's longest running team will lose the name that makes it iconic:

Last edited:
PETTY Enterprise went away years ago!
Yes it did, but the Petty name was still attached to the team. If they are changing to Legacy, the Petty name will finally be absent from NASCAR when it comes to team/driver name for the first time in 75 years.

When Petty himself fully stepped away from any involvement with the team, it was really just a matter of time. One of the last real vestiges of the good ol' boy days finally falling by the wayside.

The choice to go with Motor Club instead of Motorsports (which I think would sound much better) is an odd one.

The choice to go with Motor Club instead of Motorsports (which I think would sound much better) is an odd one.
"(insert name here) Motorsports" is very generic sounding though, and no doubt they want something that'll stand out more to sponsors. And maybe let them keep up the polite fiction that they're not throwing money at a race car team, which is becoming more and more undesirable to the beancounters these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to do the same thing Justin Marks is trying to do with making the team a brand in itself. Honestly the most surprising part is Carvana somehow still being around to sponsor Johnson.

In other news, Malcolm is going ARCA racing.

I know he has always been interested in racing since he did the Toyota celebrity race back in the day so it's cool to see he hasn't lost interest in it.

I was actually talking about this with someone earlier today. It makes sense for him to start to pull back. He's the longest current tenured driver in the sport and he presumably wants to start helping more on his son's career.

Drivers who have retired from full time racing recently and rookie year in Cup:
Kurt - 2001 (made debut in 2000)
Newman - 2002 (made debut in 2000)
Johnson - 2002
Harvick to retire - 2001

Who will that leave as the longest tenured driver? I guess Ky Busch, Hamlin and Truex are officially the old farts now. There's a 3 year gap between the rookie seasons of the drivers listed above and Kyle's. He ran a handful of races before going full time in 2005. Hamlin and Truex led the rookie class of 2006 along with Bowyer who's been retired a couple years now. There are no rookies from 2003 or 2004 still around I can think of. I was already in high school by the time these guys started. I feel old. :indiff:

Back