2023 Nissan Z - 400hp, 6MT/9AT, $40k USD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 703 comments
Saw this linked on Reddit, thread claimed the grille and rear spoiler have been slightly updated.
I'm not sure what they're comparing it to. Since the first silver pre-production car leaked from a warehouse we've known that the upper grille insert has been a brighter silver than the concept. So far we've seen likely two cars, a bright silver one and a gunmetal one as of March so unless this video is a third car then this video is old news. Both of those cars looked basically the same. it's likely that they'll offer different grille colors based on body color or trim level as well.

Last edited:
A guy I know who works for a Nissan dealer posted this. 4 days to go :D
FC9D763C-A7E2-46A1-BEDD-26F0585A6B7D.jpeg

Those are just photos of the Z Proto taken by Larry Chen a while ago.
I don't think that was the point. Nissan is unveiling the final production car to Aussie dealers on the 18th, Wednesday. I'm wondering if there will be a broader reveal planned also.

I don't think that was the point. Nissan is unveiling the final production car to Aussie dealers on the 18th, Wednesday. I'm wondering if there will be a broader reveal planned also.
It's nothing special, the full reveal is on the 17th at 8pm EST, which is 10am in Melbourne on the 18th.

You'll probably see multiple trim levels and most or all of the available colors, plus maybe some accessories, etc. Still a good amount to see.
As long as it's not that awful piss yellow color, I wanna see that lady in black 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I’m wondering how performance oriented the auto option is going to be. Something like how the Supra’s is where it’s close to a dual clutch, or more of a slush box. I’m all for a manual for fun factor but if it has a good performing auto, that will be the best option for lap times no matter what.

In terms of the exterior, the rear looks fantastic while sort of only looks okay? Feels like two different cars from front and rear.

Big fan of the interior though, a modernised classic interior.

I kind of REALLY want one in blue. (without the blue interior though...)

1629250155429.png

1629250176767.png

1629250191532.png

Also:

A limited-run Z Proto Spec variant will also be available with yellow brake calipers, bronze-colored wheels, leather-appointed seats with yellow accents and yellow stitching. Just 240 units will be built.

1629250305209.png

Want.

I guess these will be sold out.
Can't wait for the GT4 version. ;)

Edit: The longer I stare at it, it's just right. Good job, Nissan. I mean, we've seen the car for some time now, but they've captured that classic Z look very well.

Last edited:
I'm sold. I'll take that blue on blue thank you very much. I don't even care about its actual performance comparisons because this thing absolutely nails what it was supposed to be.

That said, the Supra really is an over-performer so Nissan had their work cut out for them in the engineering department. That thing rips at everything it does so advertising 20 more horsepower isn't gonna cut it. From a pure speed standpoint, the 9-speed auto is a good sign. But apparently unlike the Supra, the Z isn't all about pure speed which is why I want one.

Last edited:
I'm sold. I'll take that blue on blue thank you very much. I don't even care about its actual performance comparisons because this thing absolutely nails what it was supposed to be.

That said, the Supra really is an over-performer so Nissan had their work cut out for them in the engineering department. That thing rips at everything it does so advertising 20 more horsepower isn't gonna cut it. From a pure speed standpoint, the 9-speed auto is a good sign. But apparently unlike the Supra, the Z isn't all about pure speed which is why I want one.
Hopefully the Z will work for people that literally can't fit in a Supra.

400hp 350lb/ft 3,200lb

9 spd mercedes auto

there's no way this thing doesnt absolutely nail 0-100 4 secs and something like 12 sec quarters

of course take the manual

Yeah...pass on that yellow color. The blue looks really good, but that yellow just looks a bit dull and doesn't compliment the front.

Latest Posts

Back