2023 NTT INDYCAR SERIESOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter Spirit
  • 304 comments
NEWGARDEN SWEEPS IOWA

coffee knocking GIF

Next year they should hold Newgarden in the pits for a lap at the start. If he wins the race give him a big cash prize or something. That’s be neat.

Next year they should hold Newgarden in the pits for a lap at the start. If he wins the race give him a big cash prize or something. That’s be neat.
This literally sounds like 2011 Vegas race, so no.

This literally sounds like 2011 Vegas race, so no.
Not exactly because we aren’t pack racing at 225mph at Iowa.

And I’m only half serious. Just throwing an idea out there.

I very much have mixed feeling about this prospect.

On the one hand the season ending at a street course just seems off, but on the other hand a 14 hour drive is far more doable than a 31 hour drive for me and it's not like Laguna Seca has produced great racing so selfishly I'm all for it.

If (Big If) the revamped circuit makes for less cautions and better racing, I'd be alright with it. What I don't want for the season finale is for the championship to be determined by "Who can avoid all the crashes?" in another parade where the Pace Car leads the most laps.

Linus Lundqvist will finally get to make his debut filling in for Pagenaud.

Sucks that a driver getting hurt is what it took to finally get him a seat but will be interesting g to see how he does in one of the most chaotic races of the year.

Seems there may be something to the "Palou staying with Ganassi rumors". Honestly considering his current form and McLaren's lack of consistency and seemingly no good route to F1 I really can't blame him for tucking his tail.

Seems there may be something to the "Palou staying with Ganassi rumors". Honestly considering his current form and McLaren's lack of consistency and seemingly no good route to F1 I really can't blame him for tucking his tail.

Palou's going to be a hot commodity. I'm not too sure he'll even return to Ganassi after they sued him, though.

Lots of drama in this guys career.

So he qualifies both first and last (well, not even qualifying in his own car) on technically the same track in the same year. Really shows how RLL is def focused solely on the road courses.
Yeah their oval program is really bad, the cars have way too much mechanical drag.

And more..

Last edited:
Great drive by Graham Rahal that is shown up by an even more amazing drive by Scott Dixon at Indy. Dixon 15th to 1st over Rahal.

It was inevitable, he’s been completely anonymous. I seen that Juri Vips might drive for a race or two.

If nothing else, his last-gasp run to bump his way into the Indy 500 this year is a memory that'll stick with me.

Last edited:
Lots of drama in this guys career.
Quite insane considering how calm consistent and composed he is in most racing conditions.

Great drive by Graham Rahal that is shown up by an even more amazing drive by Scott Dixon at Indy. Dixon 15th to 1st over Rahal.
Yep, that was an epic race - even tho it might have not had the most overtaking and action etc, it was really interesting to see the strategy play out and the final chase to the finish was tense.

Ericsson has been confirmed at Andretti.

It will be interesting to see where everyone else falls considering it seems there are still quite a few seats seemingly switching drivers next year.

Now Grosjean can focus on just wrecking the Lamborghini instead of both.

Tbf though, I think his results would have been a lot more impressive in Penske and Ganassi equipment, Andretti is the Ferrari of Indycar.

Last edited:
Back