2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
V8s really should get an invite to the B12H, wildcard style.
I think for last years 12H the Super3’s were invited to be in the invitational class due to there being a lot less cars on the grid, because most of the international teams couldn’t get over due to clashes with there European and US racing being on the same weekend when they ran it in the middle of May last year.

I'm so ready for the new Gen3 cars! I missed all last season due to motortrend+ losing the supercars rights here in the States. Is there a new way to watch these season for International viewers?

Is there a new way to watch these season for International viewers?
They live stream it on their YouTube channel. You do have to be a member which is $10/month but it includes the support races as well.

They live stream it on their YouTube channel. You do have to be a member which is $10/month but it includes the support races as well.
Thanks. I just signed up. 6.99/month is actually pretty good value for everything.

I think for last years 12H the Super3’s were invited to be in the invitational class due to there being a lot less cars on the grid, because most of the international teams couldn’t get over due to clashes with there European and US racing being on the same weekend when they ran it in the middle of May last year.
I think I remember something about that. Crazy it was last year. Was just a blur.

Thanks. I just signed up. 6.99/month is actually pretty good value for everything.
I think that tier only includes replays of the 2021 season, there is a separate one for the 2022 and upcoming season.

At least someone is providing an update on the parity issue, and from what I've been hearing it is a very valid concern (0.3 sec. down Conrod is not a small margin, and that's just for starters).

Burgess really needs to cut the baloney and come clean... and actually do something about it.

Anyone know why a Red Bull Camaro has appeared at the 12hr. Demo laps maybe at some stage?

FoE7FM6XkAEJ-QV

(Pic stolen from Twitter)
(0.3 sec. down Conrod is not a small margin, and that's just for starters).
:crazy:

Last edited:
Anyone know why a Red Bull Camaro has appeared at the 12hr. Demo laps maybe at some stage?

FoE7FM6XkAEJ-QV

(Pic stolen from Twitter)

:crazy:
Considering today's been all about Red Bull (The F1 car unveiling, the official engine partner announcement, the Demo lap of the Old RB7 with Red Bull Jr Liam Lawson as well as the air demonstration), seems only fair to feature a car that will be run by Red Bull Racing Australia (Going off seeing Van Gisbergen's name on the window)

Last edited:
Considering today's been all about Red Bull (The F1 car unveiling, the official engine partner announcement, the Demo lap of the Old RB7 with Red Bull Jr Liam Lawson as well as the air demonstration), seems only fair to feature a car that will be run by Red Bull Racing Australia (Going off seeing Van Gisbergen's name on the window)
That particular car has absolutely nothing to do with Red Bull or Red Bull Ampol Racing, and as it is an official homologation prototype owned by Supercars, who should not be seen as favouring any particular team or brand, it should absolutely not have been seen running around Bathurst as a rolling Red Bull billboard.

They could've just as easily used the ZB for that purpose, and it's an actual Red Bull Ampol Racing vehicle.

Edit: Whether it be rightly or wrongly, this is exactly the sort of thing that brings Supercars reputation into disrepute and is part of the reason why they get called out on showing favoritism to T8 and Red Bull.

Ps: Don't get me wrong here, I don't think T8 gained anything more than brand exposure here and certainly nothing in the way of an performance or driver advantage over any other team.

Last edited:
That particular car has absolutely nothing to do with Red Bull or Red Bull Ampol Racing, and as it is an official homologation prototype owned by Supercars, who should not be seen as favouring any particular team or brand, it should absolutely not have been seen running around Bathurst as a rolling Red Bull billboard.

They could've just as easily used the ZB for that purpose, and it's an actual Red Bull Ampol Racing vehicle.

Why not? It ran with the Red Bull F1 car and generated massive interest for Supercars. I've never seen so many people running towards the circuit than when these two cars ran on the weekend.

It was a well executed publicity stunt.

Why not? It ran with the Red Bull F1 car and generated massive interest for Supercars. I've never seen so many people running towards the circuit than when these two cars ran on the weekend.

It was a well executed publicity stunt.
I already said why not, it's an official homologation prototype and as such should only be used for official homologation prototype testing or advertising purposes... not as one particular brand/teams rolling billboard. Supercars is supposed to be neutral and this can easily be perceived as favoritism to one particular sponsor.

And from a lot of what I heard and read people wanted to see and hear the F1 car not the Camaro.

Edit: Whether it be rightly or wrongly, this is exactly the sort of thing that brings Supercars reputation into disrepute and is part of the reason why they get called out on showing favoritism to T8 and Red Bull.

Ps: Don't get me wrong here, I don't think T8 gained anything more than brand exposure here and certainly nothing in the way of an performance or driver advantage over any other team.
As I said, I was only going off it being decked out in Red Bull colors with Shane's name on it (and the fact that again, Its been a pretty packed Red Bull kind of day with all the PR stuff going on).

Also, partners from the official event site:

1675629621224.png

Last edited:
As I said, I was only going off it being decked out in Red Bull colors with Shane's name on it (and the fact that again, Its been a pretty packed Red Bull kind of day with all the PR stuff going on).

Also, partners from the official event site:

View attachment 1228544
But why is it fair to all the other sponsors? As I said that particular car has nothing to do with Red Bull. Use the ZB if you want a Red Bull car.

Why haven't Repco or any other of the Official Supercars brands been able to use either car as an on-track Billboards?

Supercars official sponsors:
Untitled.png

Ford is the only other Supercars sponsor that's been able to use the homologation car for any advertising purposes (with the unveiling of the S650) and as it was Supercars owned I didn't agree with that car being used then either, even if it was only a picture. I didn't have a problem with Supercars using the new S650 shape to advertise the Supercars series though (as at least it was funded by Ford... unlike the Camaro that's development is funded by Supercars, not Red Bull, GM or T8).

But why is it fair to all the other sponsors? As I said that particular car has nothing to do with Red Bull. Use the ZB if you want a Red Bull car.

Dude, I don't know. Like I said, I just noticed alot of Red Bull activity happening on that day so to me it just looked like a massive Red Bull Publicity stunt (which is very much on brand for them regardless of where or what it is). I only made the assumptions based purely on what I saw, nothing else.

Why haven't Repco or any other of the Official Supercars brands been able to use either car as an on-track Billboards?

Supercars official sponsors:
View attachment 1228545
I only pulled up the partners because I noticed Red Bull among the partners for this event (Which just happens to be owned or run by Supercars now). Otherwise again, I don't know.

Last edited:
Dude, I don't know. Like I said, I just noticed alot of Red Bull activity happening on that day so to me it just looked like a massive Red Bull Publicity stunt (which is very much on brand for them regardless of where or what it is). I only made the assumptions based purely on what I saw, nothing else.

I only pulled up the partners because I noticed Red Bull among the partners for this event (Which just happens to be owned or run by Supercars now). Otherwise again, I don't know.
It's on brand for T8 and Red Bull, not so much Supercars (the ones that actually own the rights to the car)... and this is the part I'm questioning...
snip... seems only fair to feature a car that will be run by Red Bull Racing Australia (Going off seeing Van Gisbergen's name on the window)
How is it fair? That particular car has nothing in the slightest to do with Red Bull, and similar cars will be run by many other teams and sponsors. They all have to reveal their actual cars in their colours and don't have the benefit of using the Supercars homologation car as a rolling billboard for their sponsors.

I'm just pointing out that Supercars has long been perceived to show favouritsm towards Red Bull Ampol Racing and the GM brand. This sort of stunt doesn't help!

Edit: With the announcement that Ford will be reentering F1 as an engine supplier for RBR they could have just as easily stickered up the Mustang in Red Bull colours... and it would've been just as wrong. :sly:

Last edited:
How is it fair? That particular car has nothing in the slightest to do with Red Bull, and similar cars will be run by many other teams and sponsors. They all have to reveal their actual cars in their colours and don't have the benefit of using the Supercars homologation car as a rolling billboard for their sponsors.
I only said that in relation to all the other Red Bull activity that I already listed and that particular team being a Red Bull Team, nowhere did I say only they would run it.
I'm just pointing out that Supercars has long been perceived to show favouritsm towards Red Bull Ampol Racing and the GM brand. This sort of stunt doesn't help!
And me having been out of the loop of the series for a while (Only catching up the partly the past season due to it being the final one for the Holden name, even if according to some it stopped being Holden a long time ago), I wasn't aware of that.

Last edited:
I already said why not, it's an official homologation prototype and as such should only be used for official homologation prototype testing or advertising purposes... not as one particular brand/teams rolling billboard. Supercars is supposed to be neutral and this can easily be perceived as favoritism to one particular sponsor.

And from a lot of what I heard and read people wanted to see and hear the F1 car not the Camaro.

Well I was there and people were very excited to see the Camaro (myself included).

It's not like they were doing unfair testing or anything. They've been running demonstrations for over 12 months with various drivers behind the wheel. The fact that it had a Red Bull livery on it makes no difference, get over it

I only said that in relation to all the other Red Bull activity that I already listed and that particular team being a Red Bull Team, nowhere did I say only they would run it.
I didn't say you did. What I'm saying is that no other teams can run an homologation car in their colours so why is this one team/sponsor combination allowed to use it for promotional purposes? It would've made just as much sense to run the Mustang as a tie in with the F1/Ford deal, but as I mentioned, it would've been equally wrong.
And me having been out of the loop of the series for a while (Only catching up the partly the past season due to it being the final one for the Holden name, even if according to some it stopped being Holden a long time ago), I wasn't aware of that.
No worries, fair enough 👍
Well I was there and people were very excited to see the Camaro (myself included).

It's not like they were doing unfair testing or anything.
I previously mentioned that there was no advantage other than brand exposure, and running around at 2.22 lap times isn't going to accomplish anything worthwhile (Mobile billboard, as previously mentioned). See..
The fact that it had a Red Bull livery on it makes no difference
It does for brand awareness or they wouldn't have done it :rolleyes:, and this is where it's wrong. It's not an Red Bull product. That car hasn't even been funded by Red Bull. It's a Supercars product, and as such should've remained in it's Supercars livery or not appeared at all.
get over it
Don't tell me what do! That car has absolutely nothing to do with Red Bull and as such it shouldn't be liveried up as if it does.

The funny thing about it all, Red Bull could have easily put stickers on a registered Camaro and displayed it for the weekend. I'm sure there's a Camaro that could have been loaned at least for a day. Sure did seem like all types of cars displayed on the grounds.

Anyway, I'm ready for Newcastle. I just want to see them at different spots from Nobby's, Shortland Esplanade and Scott Street. Good spots to get up close to the track.

I mean, I do wish DJR would change things up a little with the livery at some point. The new Mustang sure does look damn good though.
It seems like the yellow has been tweaked on the livery. But they should definitely do an overhaul of the scheme.

Latest Posts

Back