2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
Maybe the #25 should be the Optus Yellow and Blue. It’s like the words are dwarfing the car. Plus, that baby “25” just isn’t needed.

Goodyear sponsorship too. I guess that’s like acing Falken on the side of the car wearing Pirellis.
Dunlop belongs to Gooodyear, so that sponsorship is fine I guess. Falken on the other hand has nothing to do with Pirelli, it belongs to Sumitomo that funnily enough also distributes/owns Dunlop in other regions :)

All these liveries are looking a they should... on proper race cars.
The #8 and #14 liveries are up. Think that pink on the #14 is going to stand out?:sly:

Never much liked them to begin with but the yellow numbers on the side windows need to go away. What's the point when they this small now? Bring back door numbers already, there's more than enough on most of the cars.

Fo5B-dSaYAATXPD

Never much liked them to begin with but the yellow numbers on the side windows need to go away. What's the point when they this small now? Bring back door numbers already, there's more than enough on most of the cars.

Fo5B-dSaYAATXPD
Holy crap this car looks stunning.

From a Supercars article: ''To mark the new Ford relationship, both WAU cars will carry the famous Mustang GT stripes in 2023.''

You mean the same ones they ran for years on the ZB? Seriously, who writes this stuff, Blind Freddie? :lol:

From a Supercars article: ''To mark the new Ford relationship, both WAU cars will carry the famous Mustang GT stripes in 2023.''

You mean the same ones they ran for years on the ZB? Seriously, who writes this stuff, Blind Freddie? :lol:
What do you mean? WAU haven‘t run the stripes covering the top of the car before, they’ve had similar side designs over the past few years though

What do you mean? WAU haven‘t run the stripes covering the top of the car before, they’ve had similar side designs over the past few years though
It was just a slight jab because I've made comparisons before and called the WAU stripes Mustang stripes for ages. ;)

Last edited:
Honestly I really rate this. Think the colours work really well with the new body style. Might be one of my favourites so far actually.
Was thinking of the side stripes that they've run been running for the past couple of years now. Didn't cross my mind that they were referring to the middle stripes. Whoops.

Edit: Holdsworth to reunite with Mostert, Coulthard moves across to partner Percat. Interesting though, that Luff is staying contracted to the team as a driver. Bathurst Wildcard entry in the works perhaps?

Last edited:
It seems the teams were reporting the same findings on aero for both cars, and the same as in the article I linked several days back. Good on them for working together properly!

And Rushbrook was right to query Supercars over it or we would've had a repeat of last years poorly done parity... also done with Burgess at the helm :irked:
What is an issue, however, is the balance of front and rear downforce.

According to figures from both sides of the brand divide, the Mustang either has or is claimed to have more front downforce and less at the rear than the Camaro.

That would make the Ford a better qualifying car, at least at most tracks which the Repco Supercars Championship visits, but give the Chevrolet the upper hand over a race distance.

One prominent paddock figure told Speedcafe.com recently, “Right now, they reckon that the Fords will be faster over a lap but the Chevy’s going to win all the races.

They added, “The way the aero balance has worked out, [the Mustang has] got too much front and not enough rear, and the Chevy’s the opposite.

“Obviously, over a distance, you always want rear downforce for tyre life, especially when you’ve got less aero – the tyre’s going to chew out more, especially at the rear.”
Edit: Oops, forgot to link the source story :embarrassed:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was thinking of the side stripes that they've run been running for the past couple of years now. Didn't cross my mind that they were referring to the middle stripes. Whoops.
Those stripes aren't a 'famous' Mustang stripe anyway so it's easy to discount them (like I also did), Ford GT40 or Shelby Cobra maybe. The side ones on the other hand are distinctly famous Mustang stripes.

Last edited:
Whoops. Forgot this was happening. Supercars Fun Day.
Went out for sushi on a different street. On the way back home, walked thru the park.
IMG_20230218_124845.jpg

IMG_20230218_124837.jpg

Red Bull livery. Nice to see them change it up a little but they should have stuck with the test livery. Potentially the worst looking Camaro on the grid? There's just too much going on with it.

RBAR-Studio-23-1J1A0958.jpg

Last edited:
Red Bull livery. Nice to see them change it up a little but they have stuck with the test livery. Potentially the worst looking Camaro on the grid? There's just too much going on with it.

It is jumbled madness, but at the same time the proportions of red and blue with white and yellow accents makes it look... oddly balanced. It kinda reminds me of a tabloid cover. For better or worse, at least it's instantly noticeable.

Red Bull livery. Nice to see them change it up a little but they should have stuck with the test livery. Potentially the worst looking Camaro on the grid? There's just too much going on with it.

As a T8 fan, it’s one of there worst liveries in my opinion. It’s not the worse livery ever I’ve ever seen on the grid, but going of what the team’s produced in the past, this is awful.

Nothing's really changed... but why would they.

Car-6-Front.jpg

'Liked' for the comment... not the livery. :sly:

The general consensus on the FB comments section I first saw this livery on was a bit harsher than that... worst Gen 3 livery full stop, regardless of brand... and I was surprised that some of the T8 supporters were the harshest critics (not that I take much stock in FB comments), but I suppose it's to be somewhat expected after their test livery.

Don‘t think the 888 look any where near as bad as others are saying, the red at front could’ve done with a bit more detail other being a big red block though. My least favourite part is actually the whited out headlights, really spoils the shape of the headlights when you can‘t see the aggressive DRLs like you can on the BJR cars.

Don‘t think the 888 look any where near as bad as others are saying, the red at front could’ve done with a bit more detail other being a big red block though. My least favourite part is actually the whited out headlights, really spoils the shape of the headlights when you can‘t see the aggressive DRLs like you can on the BJR cars.
Yeah, I'm not thinking it's the worse. We'll see how it looks on track.

Back