2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
I'm fine with the RB livery. Again, regaring the numbers. It's annoying me. Just paint the numbers in the front grille.

I'm fine with the RB livery. Again, regaring the numbers. It's annoying me. Just paint the numbers in the front grille.
I don't think it's bad or anything like that, it's standard Red Bull stuff but silver, I'm just not seeing what the designer is saying. To me the Ampol signage completely masks the bone line on the rear quarter rather than compliment it, and with these cars that line is a big part of their muscular look.

This is how you compliment it:
News_DJR_Gen3.jpg

Edit:
And this:
LW1_5763.jpg

Last edited:
The AA article is saying there will be more color on the RB car. We'll see if anything else changes.

Last edited:
Shame it's only going to look like that for the test. Best looking livery they've done in years, imo.
While I think they could've done much better if the designer was allowed to make the Ampol signage smaller and better follow the natural curve of the car I agree, it's still the best T8 one I've seen... probably ever (it's grown on me after seeing it in the on-track videos).
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some interesting stuff here (near the bottom) and here's the full item where it gets really interesting (and sad at the same time) as Supercars seems to be determined we'll have exactly the same outcomes as last year ie: Ford will qualify well then burn it's tyres off in the race and the Camaro will have far better tyre life and braking stability. :irked:

A snip from the Auto Action article:
''The VCAT data came out with parity, but on the track, we are hearing there may be a different story.

With the same driver in both cars on different days, we are being told the data and feedback are different, although Supercars is arguing that is not conclusive.

With a standard error rate on the non-controlled data – ie, the on-track data – of more than 30%, both Ford and Supercars can argue which is right or wrong.

With that in mind, Supercars is standing by its VCAT data and believes the figures are correct and that parity has been obtained, arguing that if the engines match on the dyno and the aero figures match in the VCAT, then they have it right…

The Engines

The engine issues arose as Supercars tried to match the performance metrics of the old-world V8 in the Camaro…

The Aero Debate

Figures promoted by Supercars say they have achieved a 63-64% reduction in downforce, but the claims out of Ford are that there is an imbalance between the two cars, with the Ford being front biased and the Chev rear-biased…
''

No wonder JW and T8 are happy with the parity process :rolleyes:

Question: Would Red Bull move sponsorship to a Ford Team?
I don't see why they would. They're on a pretty good wicket with T8 so unless T8 swapped to Ford I doubt it, and I can't see T8 swapping in the foreseeable future. They're far too heavily invested in the GM product.

I guess we'll find out later this year as I think their sponsorship expires at the end of this season/year.

Other than the Monster car, waiting to see some coloured wheels. I think the Dewalt car could run black wheels. Probably other Concerns on their list, but wouldn’t hurt that livery.

Other than the Monster car, waiting to see some coloured wheels. I think the Dewalt car could run black wheels. Probably other Concerns on their list, but wouldn’t hurt that livery.
I reckon the Coke livery could have black rims. But it looks nice with the chrome wheels.

I reckon the Coke livery could have black rims. But it looks nice with the chrome wheels.
No doubt. It’s good to see not every car on the grid have black wheels(looking at you GT3 and GT4). I miss some nice shiny BBS wheels on touring cars. It works on the Hino car. Which, could go either way. To me, black wheels on the Coke car, would make it appear lower in the pics. We’ll see how it looks in the metal though.

I know these teams were testing on two completely different tracks but this is what I was hearing about timing differences between these two cars at most tracks generally.

Cam Waters running 1.5 - 2 second a lap off the pace at Winton (first link) and reporting it may be possible to equal lap times once they're on the new softer rubber, while T8 and PremiAir are running around QR already on and sometimes under the race record lap time (second link). :odd:

Edit: Just a thought; It seems as if the cars haven't been weighed properly yet if the minimum weight hasn't been locked in yet, so wouldn't that mean the COG also hasn't been set yet? If the COG hasn't been set yet then WTF are they doing running VCAT? Surely COG and to a lesser extent minimum weight would have some effect overall of how the cars ride and sit on the road, wouldn't it?

I would've thought VCAT should be the last thing they do.

Last edited:
Looks okay but the front is a bit of a mess IMHO.
Yeah, I much prefer last livery over this one. Lot of blank space on the sides.

Few more liveries dropping today. MSR this afternoon, as well as WAU and BJR tonight.

Yeah, the wing is off, but makes it look like there’s no wing…. and, uh I would make a comment on the wheels, but I’ll hold off.

Edit: Hmm

1676271021481.jpeg

1676272939953.jpeg

Goodyear sponsorship too. I guess that’s like acing Falken on the side of the car wearing Pirellis.

Last edited:
Honestly neither WAU liveries aren't doing much for me this year. Like the detail of the strips on the bonnet and roof though.

Percat's car is the pick of the two, imo. Black and white always goes well together.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back