2024 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 202 comments
SUAREZ!!!!!

Considering the moves Trackhouse has been making I don't think there was a driver that needed a win more.

I have a hard time believing that wasn't the closest finish in history, but that still belongs to Craven vs. Kurt Busch at Darlington in 2003.

Wow!!! What a finish! Congrats to Suarez. It's been a long time coming for him to get another win.

On a different note, was anyone else annoyed by the camera work during the crashes? It felt like every time someone had an issue, they would zoom in on that car and completely miss the rest of the crash that was happening around them. It used to be they would pan out to catch all the chaos.

That was one of the best races I've ever seen. It had everything from start to finish.

Last edited:
Suarez, Blaney, and Busch were all smashing the throttle so hard on that finish, I’m surprised they didn’t have to be pulled out of their cars with broken right feet.

Seriously though, amazing finish. Has there ever been a three-wide photo finish before?

Last edited:
Suarez, Blaney, and Busch were all smashing the throttle so hard on that finish, I’m surprised they didn’t have to be pulled out of their cars with broken right feet.

Seriously though, amazing finish. Has there ever been a three-wide photo finish before?
I remember there being one at Talladega when tandem drafting was a thing. 3rd place was a good half car length back, though.

I remember there being one at Talladega when tandem drafting was a thing. 3rd place was a good half car length back, though.
Granted it was enough to see who came in third, but that is not a half car length.
IMG_3176.jpeg

3.-Petty-1959-daytona-t-taylor-warren.jpg

I felt that the racing was a bit sloppy and everyone was driving like it there was rain coming but that definitely improved the entertainment.

Good race with a fantastic finish.

Imagine racing for 400 miles, finishing behind the leader by just seven thousandths of a second, and not only do you not win, you don't even finish second.

Notable penalties from Atlanta:
  • The 10/Gragson and 41/Preece each lose 35 points (both owners' and drivers') for illegal roof air deflectors
  • Logano loses $10,000 for his illegal qualifying glove
  • The crew chief of the Xfinity #14 (Jason Miller) is suspended for the next 2 races for physicality against Kyle Weatherman post-race

Round 2 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing series at Las Vegas is live now.

This is fun. Listen to the finish of the Atlanta race in Turkish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Polish, Greek, and Mexican Spanish.

Rajah Caruth finally gets his first career NASCAR win in tonight’s truck series race!
He joins Wendell Scott and Bubba Wallace as the 3rd black driver to win a NASCAR national touring series race.

The Sports Business Journal is saying NASCAR is looking at Dodger Stadium for next year's Southern California race. The story says it's unclear whether it would be in the parking lot (like F1 was in south Florida) or in the stadium (like the Clash was in the Coliseum), but I strongly suspect it would be the former based both on the small size and overall configuration of Dodger Stadium (the Coliseum track wouldn't fit, and there appears to be no semi-sized connection to the outside) and the shorter time available to restore the field. Looking at Google Maps, there appears to be room to create a half-to-3/4-mile track with a proper pit road and inside-the-track hauler parking in the parking lot using lots 2 and 3 and parts of lots 4 and F if they don't want to do a street-type circuit.

Kobayashi won't be in the #67, but the #50 at COTA. 23XI will be running that number, with The Money Team's blessing, 3 times this season with 3 different drivers to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mobil 1. Presumably, it will officially be the #150 team, the first time in quite a while we've seen a 3-digit team in Cup, and a bit longer since said 3-digit team shared the on-car digit(s) with another team in the same season.

Kobayashi won't be in the #67, but the #50 at COTA. 23XI will be running that number, with The Money Team's blessing, 3 times this season with 3 different drivers to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mobil 1. Presumably, it will officially be the #150 team, the first time in quite a while we've seen a 3-digit team in Cup, and a bit longer since said 3-digit team shared the on-car digit(s) with another team in the same season.
Been at least 15 to 20 years. I think there were two 02s or 08s in the aughts.

There were 2 #00 and 2 #02 during 2003. They never ran the same races though.

In 2004 at the Fall Charlotte race, there were 2 #00 attempting to make the race. Neither one qualified, however.

Last edited:
Back