2024 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 224 comments
I’ve been following it pretty closely and it’s super hard to get anything concrete. Reading between the lines however, it seems to be a Brodie vs Barry issue.

I’ve heard reports of bullying and altercations (possibly near-physical), resulting in a toxic work place. With the title secured, Brodie has likely walked out following a specificity heated argument.

Supercars appear to have been working with Erebus (cross pollination and timing of statements), and implying an issue of mental health. Which isn’t relevant or fair and causes further stigmatisation of an important issue.

It’s fair to say that whatever it is, it has to be very serious for the driver and sponsors of the most successful (and visible) car on the grid to walk away. There is so clearly a gag order in place and speculation is so far out of control that it is hurting the sports image. Fans deserve to know why the #1 car, driver & sponsor have left the building.
100%
To me this is different to the SVG deal a decade ago and the situation with Reynolds. Something clearly wrong happened. The big sponsors were aware of it hence why they left. Unfortunately with stuff like this, lawyers will make sure that nothing is said. Unless a journalist somehow gets leaks or someone anonymous comes forward, then we’re never gonna know the whole story. Just a shame it’s done so much damage when the series doesn’t need it.

Rumours are a physical altercation between Brodie and Barry after Adelaide. Brodie standing up for Will after Barry was being a dick to him about going to 888

Rumours are a physical altercation between Brodie and Barry after Adelaide. Brodie standing up for Will after Barry was being a dick to him about going to 888
That would be a poor excuse if true. It’s last day of school and Brodie really wouldn’t have a reason to get involved physically for someone else moving on. If it were half the season of races to go(it was August when announced) and Will was getting all that hate at that time maybe. For it to brew until the final event and Brodie act on it that’s a tough one.

Let’s be honest, there’s gonna be a million and one rumours about what happened. And no one’s gonna know the truth or very unlikely. The sad thing is we’ve lost another great driver. More than likely he’ll go over to the States and kick ass over there.

MSR reveal. The Bendix colors on Percat's ride are nice but both are hardly the most exciting liveries ever. Quite the opposite I would say actually.

280a6939-edit

280a7055-edit

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for Black and White colour designs adding Blue or Red in it so I really do like Percats

I feel there’s just a little too much black on the MSR cars. Bit like how there’s so much carbon fibre on this years F1 cars.

Coke leaving Erebus must have been done ages ago and only officially announced recently because there's no way they suddenly sign with Tickford and get incorporated in Randle's livery, so quickly, right?

livery_t4d_2024_-6

Wasn't totally sold on this at first but it works really actually.

Coke leaving Erebus must have been done ages ago and only officially announced recently because there's no way they suddenly sign with Tickford and get incorporated in Randle's livery, so quickly, right?

livery_t4d_2024_-6

Wasn't totally sold on this at first but it works really actually.
It has a bit of an Italian flag look but I like it, but they made Cam Waters livery worse than last years. The Autobarn signage looked way better when it was on the front cheeks (where Ryco is now on both cars). Money is money though I suppose.

Pretty sure it was a last minute deal and that everyone bar Red Bull gave them a call. The giveaway is TR's race suit. No Coke on it... yet. It's good to see they stayed involved with the sport though.

speedcafe.jpg

Cam's much cleaner looking (to me) 2023 livery...
6-Side-Green.jpg

Vs 2024.
speedcafe.jpg

Last edited:
Italian flag
Cannot be unseen.

The Autobarn signage looked way better when it was on the front cheeks (where Ryco is now on both cars). Money is money though I suppose.
Yeah, Autobarn on the rear quarters and BP on the side windows, just doesn't doesn't work with it. Looks a bit cluttered compared to previous years.

The giveaway is TR's race suit. No Coke on it... yet.
Okay, it must have been a last minute thing then. Guessing the car was always going to have a good amount of red on the rear along.

I like Tom Randle’s car they’ve done the best they could with such a mix of colours with the sponsors.

I wish that they did a design for Cam’s car for once. Like they did for his first year in 2016

1708054436848.jpeg

The massive Autobarn logo on the side just looks like a botch job to me. Just sucks.

It has a bit of an Italian flag look but I like it, but they made Cam Waters livery worse than last years. The Autobarn signage looked way better when it was on the front cheeks (where Ryco is now on both cars). Money is money though I suppose.

Pretty sure it was a last minute deal and that everyone bar Red Bull gave them a call. The giveaway is TR's race suit. No Coke on it... yet. It's good to see they stayed involved with the sport though.

View attachment 1328430

Cam's much cleaner looking (to me) 2023 livery...View attachment 1328434

Vs 2024.
View attachment 1328436
Moving the green Monster logo from the right to the left was a great choice.

Great to see they're still testing before this season kicks off.

Interestingly Brad Jones said in his latest video that both cars have 20% more downforce than what the Mustang finished last season and that's with the Camaro supposedly being used as the benchmark. It does seem to line up with the general consensus that the Mustang was better aerodynamically than the Camaro in the end.

The engine testing seems to be going well too, while also showing up how inaccurate/obsolete the old system was, with the Mustang also turning out to be too good from the first lot of engine testing at QR while still meeting the required figures.

A year late but at least we should be good to go this season 👍

Moving the green Monster logo from the right to the left was a great choice.
Yes it was, but only because the whole livery would've looked far worse with the Monster logo right next to the horribly placed Autobarn signage.

Last edited:
Great to see they're still testing before this season kicks off.

Interestingly Brad Jones said in his latest video that both cars have 20% more downforce than what the Mustang finished last season and that's with the Camaro supposedly being used as the benchmark. It does seem to line up with the general consensus that the Mustang was better aerodynamically than the Camaro in the end.

The engine testing seems to be going well too, while also showing up how inaccurate/obsolete the old system was, with the Mustang also turning out to be too good from the first lot of engine testing at QR while still meeting the required figures.

A year late but at least we should be good to go this season 👍

Yes it was, but only because the whole livery would've looked far worse with the Monster logo right next to the horribly placed Autobarn signage.
Let’s just hope after next weekend parity won’t be the discussion. Hopefully the discussion will be the action out on track.

I reckon this could be good. Probably more of a chance of differing strategies during the races… hopefully.

Last edited:
Famous last words. :lol:
Yeah, too true!

Gotta say I'm a bit less convinced after the weekends normal round of clickbait articles. I have no idea where anything other than the aero stands at the moment.

Firstly we had articles claiming the Ford now has the upper hand in the engine department, but was asked to slow it down.

Then over the weekend we had shift-cuts raising their head again...

... but we also had Tim Edwards saying that different shift cuts were trialled on the Ford but won't be used.

So now we're left in no mans land with regards to the engine side of things. Could the Ford be running with it's apparently too good engine? TE didn't mention anything about the Camaro (only the Ford not running altered **** cut) so could their engines remain the same as last season and it runs with the same altered shift cut? Have Ford figured a way to slightly slow the coyote?

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

:nervous:

It looks as though the livery was supposed to be different.
Yeah, I think they had to scramble after Coke left. It's good that they were able to find another sponsor to whack on the sides of the cars but it really would not look out of place on the Super2/3 grid. Quite a difference from last years launch.

Yeah, I think they had to scramble after Coke left. It's good that they were able to find another sponsor to whack on the sides of the cars but it really would not look out of place on the Super2/3 grid. Quite a difference from last years launch.
Speaking of when Coke left, apparently the deal was done with Tickford so late that the cars were already in the hauler to go to the reveal photo shoot but had to be unpacked for the rewrap with Coke signage, and of course, TR's car was at the front of the hauler so they had to unpack both cars.

If you’re planning on watching today’s action back later, just skip the interview with Betty and Barry at the start. Just a nothing interview, a bit of woe is me, but I love how Betty is wiping her hands clean of the situation by wearing a shirt announcing she is ‘retired’.

Edit: You can’t write this ****, red flag straight up due to LeBrocq’s car stopping on his outlap.

Last edited:
If you’re planning on watching today’s action back later, just skip the interview with Betty and Barry at the start. Just a nothing interview, a bit of woe is me, but I love how Betty is wiping her hands clean of the situation by wearing a shirt announcing she is ‘retired’.

Edit: You can’t write this ****, red flag straight up due to LeBrocq’s car stopping on his outlap.
They don't even want to accept responsibility for this whole situation.

Back