2024 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 224 comments

Seems like a copy and paste of the 2013 COTF regulations. “If you're not running a GM product prepare for a long hard road.”* :lol::sly:
It’s not funny, but it is.

*ignore Triple Eight Falcon and DJR Team Penske featuring Scott McLaughlin eras.

Seems like a copy and paste of the 2013 COTF regulations. “If you're not running a GM product prepare for a long hard road.”* :lol::sly:
It’s not funny, but it is.

*ignore Triple Eight Falcon and DJR Team Penske featuring Scott McLaughlin eras.
I want to see more competition this year. From both sides the sport needs it more than ever before.

Knew Ryan Wood looked like a serious talent. Didn't expect him to make the shootout in his first race though. Phenomenal effort.

Last edited:
Hmm, if the cars have more downforce have any of the drivers mentioned how the cars feel following another car?

Jumping to conclusions after the first round. Looks like it's going to be a battle between Feeney and Brown for the title, with Mostert maybe being the only one capable of challenging them. Those three look to be way ahead of the rest.

Also, will Ryan Wood make it thru turn 1 unscathed at some point? 😅

Last edited:
Adelaide really needs to be reinstated as the season opener. What a snooze fest that round was :indiff:
I reckon Adelaide should stay as the finale personally. Adelaide always produces great racing and finishing on a high note for better than finishing with snooze fest.

I reckon Adelaide should stay as the finale personally. Adelaide always produces great racing and finishing on a high note for better than finishing with snooze fest.
Tough to say when that only applies if the Championship is hot, because several cases the Championship is already over so theres less investment in the actual race. Great racing in the first round has almost universal appeal regardless how you look (which is why American motorsports have their big races early in the season) While a close championship can make a dull track still memorable as a finale

This is promising. Chaz was only slower down the straights due to the camber set up for the top of the mountain. Hence why he was so fast through sector 2 all weekend.
It is promising, but I'm not buying what Larko was selling about the rear camber. He mentioned that the rear tyre pressure had to be set lower to run that set-up, hence slower speeds because of more drag, but as we all know tyre pressures are regulated and they all run as low as they can legally go.

Question: So how did they run lower rear tyre pressures than everyone else Larko?

Answer: They didn't. It's not possible or they would've been DQ'ed. (Edit: The only time it will ever happen is for the Top Ten Shootout)

They were all running maximum wing angle too apparently.

Is it closer? Hell yeah! But as RW mentioned, work still needs to be done.

Last edited:
It is promising, but I'm not buying what Larko was selling about the rear camber. He mentioned that the rear tyre pressure had to be set lower to run that set-up, hence slower speeds because of more drag, but as we all know tyre pressures are regulated and they all run as low as they can legally go.

Question: So how did they run lower rear tyre pressures than everyone else Larko?

Answer: They didn't. It's not possible or they would've been DQ'ed. (Edit: The only time it will ever happen is for the Top Ten Shootout)

They were all running maximum wing angle too apparently.

Is it closer? Hell yeah! But as RW mentioned, work still needs to be done.
Yeah I think we can all agree there’s still some work to do. But definitely the end of this parity stuff is in sight.

At the moment I agree with some of the comments. Scrap this event. May as well run Aussie Racing Cars for a few laps than having to deal with pretty much begging to fit the schedule. Run Sandown on the same weekend. NZ is the following round anyway(unless it changes next year).

At the moment I agree with some of the comments. Scrap this event. May as well run Aussie Racing Cars for a few laps than having to deal with pretty much begging to fit the schedule. Run Sandown on the same weekend. NZ is the following round anyway(unless it changes next year).
Yeah it was a joke last year. I think it’s great that we have the junior formula’s coming here, but we shouldn’t be there if they’re gonna be there. Barely got any racing other than the Thursday race, which is a joke of sentence. We do seriously kick a lot of own goals recently.

Simple, make the racing product better. Which this bloke won’t be able to do. But at least make sure Supercars media doesn’t create fake drama around its drivers, otherwise more and more will leave.

At least they’ve done something right.
I'd much rather races based on laps (but without the time certain BS attached to it) but it's still only half right. There's actually going to be less racing than last year at those tracks.

Wanneroo: 2 x 133km races. Down from 2023's 3 x 100km races. A net loss of 34kms of racing.

Hidden Valley: 2 x 137km races. Down from 3 x 100km races. A net loss of 26kms of racing.

Symmons Plains: 2 x 132km races. Down from 3 x 100km races. A net loss of 36kms of racing.

96 kms short on last year in total. That's just shy of one race shorter in fact.

It's bad enough that our supermarkets shelves are full of smaller items in the same size packaging for higher prices than a few years ago but now it seems Supercars is doing it as well.

On the fence. Given Supercars accidents often lead to a time certain race anyway, it might as well be timed instead of the facade of Laps.
Laps without time certain would be my choice. NASCAR do it on Foxtel so I'm not sure why Supercars can't. I'm pretty sure those three races aren't on FTA as well.

I know Supercars is in more of a prime time spot but they haven't got that many prime time worthy sports that don't have their own dedicated channels already.

No excuse really... especially as they do so little racing as it is.

Last edited:
Love it! Well done once again BJR.

2024__PaceImages_13279-Edit-Social.jpg

Not gonna lie, Id be terrified if I looked in my rearview mirror and saw this.

Spongebobs face on the bonnet screams "Does this look like, the face of mercy?"

Last edited:

They’re taking the piss. I watch F2 and all events they do use the F1 pitlane, but that’s because the tracks they go to don’t have enough space to have another category to be in pit lane as well. But having the luxury of having that pit lane section, they should use for pitstops.

They’re taking the piss. I watch F2 and all events they do use the F1 pitlane, but that’s because the tracks they go to don’t have enough space to have another category to be in pit lane as well. But having the luxury of having that pit lane section, they should use for pitstops.
The whole F2 and F3 thing feels more F1 trying to push focus away from Supercars so it isn't seen as a "threat" to an F1 event, especially when Albert Park was a special case and was designed to cater to Supercars as well in terms of pit lane. Supercars pushed F1s hand to make a Championship round so they are pushing back harder to make said Championship round redundant and even take them off anyway. F1 has been on an elitist power trip since it got its American audience from Drive to Survive

(Which honestly, just let Supercars be, theyll do it to themselves at this point. No need to politics your way out, Liberty)

Last edited:
Genuinely didn't know there was a race yesterday.

Think we can all agree that this round of the Supercars is pointless and really shouldn't count as a proper part of the championship. Hopefully this is the last time that it does.

Last edited:
Back