2024 Touring Car Thread - BTCC, TCR, and more.Touring Cars 

You're welcome.

When in doubt, I always find the following website helpful -http://touringcarracing.net/

It only goes up to 1993 but still...

Yeah, I've used it before for research, though it's not the most user friendly site it does have some older/obscure stuff.

____

Anyhow, I know it's not a done deal, but Sutton certainly looks to have this title sewn up. I've said it before and I'll say it yet again, I don't like him, but he's a hell of a driver. Best I can hope for now is BMW take the manufacturers title.

Yeah, I've used it before for research, though it's not the most user friendly site it does have some older/obscure stuff.

____

Anyhow, I know it's not a done deal, but Sutton certainly looks to have this title sewn up. I've said it before and I'll say it yet again, I don't like him, but he's a hell of a driver. Best I can hope for now is BMW take the manufacturers title.
I agree

Unless Sutton's tendency to mess up in at least one race at each meeting this season happens more than once at Brands Hatch, he's pretty much got one hand on title #4 already, I reckon he'll be the one to break Andy Rouse's record in the long run.

Well, I was expecting to see Mazda CX3 and a few other CUVs to be the next things in “touring“ cars.

Yeo, shame it was pretty forgone but still needed to get over the line. Been a fantastic season from him, everyone needs a serious step up next year.

Yeo, shame it was pretty forgone but still needed to get over the line. Been a fantastic season from him, everyone needs a serious step up next year.
Yes, Ash Sutton, the Max Verstappen of British Touring Car Racing. Only Tom Ingram seems to be a match for him at the moment though Jake Hill is getting there slowly but surely.

Not to take anything away from Ash, but Menu did it in a season that had 6 fewer races (24 vs 30)
I know.

Andrew Watson wins the Jack Sears Trophy

Stephen Jelley provisionally on reverse grid pole depending on the outcome of Bobby Thompson and a ride height test.

I know.

Andrew Watson wins the Jack Sears Trophy

Stephen Jelley provisionally on reverse grid pole depending on the outcome of Bobby Thompson and a ride height test.

I’m glad. Providing context for those who didn’t.

I hope Bobby Thompson can land a decent drive next year. I’d like to see him replace Collard maybe at Toyota or get a ride with Exceler8. Feel he has a lot to give.

I’m glad. Providing context for those who didn’t.

I hope Bobby Thompson can land a decent drive next year. I’d like to see him replace Collard maybe at Toyota or get a ride with Exceler8. Feel he has a lot to give.
Well it's a new record for the era of 3 races per meeting at least. Menu achieved his record in the 2 races per meeting era.

I agree about Bobby T. He deserves better than Team HARD even if the Cupra is seemingly improving.

If we don't get a first time winner in Race 3, this will be the first season to not produce a first time winner since 2008.

First time a Ford driver has won the BTCC title since Alain Menu in 2000. Just realised.

Last edited:
Also confirms that NAPA take the teams titles, and also the Manufacturer title with Ford 👍.

Decent recovery by Sutton, probably compliance along the way from others, but fair play either way. What a season by Ash and NAPA, what a combo that has been, records broken and all. Truly an individual at the peak of his powers, great to watch. Also confirms that Sutton is the first person to win titles in both RWD and FWD machinery as far as I'm aware. Title number 5 next? Certainly the next goal you'd think.

Ingram hasn't been fair away all season either. Closest to being Sutton's equal on numerous occasions. Could see multiple titles from him. Plus it's not like it's been a dull season with NAPA'S dominance. Quite the opposite. A little sad to see a winless season for Honda as a manufacturer l, and indeed One Motorsport. Hopefully they get a hold of the car next year, plus I do hope Team Dynamics make a return at some point. Plus there's a new FL5 Civic just begging for an NGTC build :D.

Now the long wait begins before the next season...

Say, this could be Honda's 1st winless season since 1995 (Excluding 2001 when Honda took a year out and Simon Graves came 1st on the road in his Production Class Honda on 3 occasions).
If we don't get a first time winner in Race 3, this will be the first season not produce a first time winner since 2008.
All confirmed.

BMW's first defeat in the Manufacturer's Championship since 2015 and first time since 2014 that the Manufacturer's Championship hasn't been won by BMW or Honda.

First time since 2003 that none of the Independent Drivers won a race.

Ash Sutton has scored 446 points in all, a new record, beating the previous record of 434 set by Turks in 2014.

I think that about raps it up.

ROLL ON 2024!

Last edited:
Also confirms that NAPA take the teams titles, and also the Manufacturer title with Ford 👍.

Decent recovery by Sutton, probably compliance along the way from others, but fair play either way. What a season by Ash and NAPA, what a combo that has been, records broken and all. Truly an individual at the peak of his powers, great to watch. Also confirms that Sutton is the first person to win titles in both RWD and FWD machinery as far as I'm aware. Title number 5 next? Certainly the next goal you'd think.

Ingram hasn't been fair away all season either. Closest to being Sutton's equal on numerous occasions. Could see multiple titles from him. Plus it's not like it's been a dull season with NAPA'S dominance. Quite the opposite. A little sad to see a winless season for Honda as a manufacturer l, and indeed One Motorsport. Hopefully they get a hold of the car next year, plus I do hope Team Dynamics make a return at some point. Plus there's a new FL5 Civic just begging for an NGTC build :D.

Now the long wait begins before the next season...
I think it's time to pension off the FK8 Civic anyway.

Been a long time coming for Motorbase/Alliance, started in 2006, started running Focuses in 2011 and also for Ford since it was still the Super Touring era (admittedly the end of it) when they last produced the Driver's Champion.

Last edited:
Back