2024 Touring Car Thread - BTCC, TCR, and more.Touring Cars 

Some good news in Australian Motorsport.

Andrew Watson gets Toyota Gazoo Racing drive. Throughly deserved after a solid debut season. With Rory Butcher calling time on his BTCC career for now.

Last edited:
Aiden Moffat joins Josh Cook at the new Speedworks Satellite team, LKQ Euro Car Parts.

Great move for Aiden, he's got a lot of potential and with a good Car and team behind him, will be interesting to see what he can do.

Last edited:

That's a big shame, but hopefully they do indeed come back stronger for 2025. I suppose the loss of Moffat, Cook and Edwards were clues before this announcement.

Also pending any more team announcements, I believe this will be the first BTCC season without a Honda on the grid since 2001 😢 (excluding the Production Class).

That's a big shame, but hopefully they do indeed come back stronger for 2025. I suppose the loss of Moffat, Cook and Edwards were clues before this announcement.

Also pending any more team announcements, I believe this will be the first BTCC season without a Honda on the grid since 2001 😢 (excluding the Production Class).
Correct!

In last year's case, 6. At least Tony Gilham has admitted to his mistakes over the years.

As the grids underdogs, I've always admired their ambition as a Team, and they've always tried to champion young and amateur talent.

Last year's 6 car effort was definitely a stretch, I questioned the effort when they announced it given it costs around £250-300k to build these days. Glad they're still around though.

As the grids underdogs, I've always admired their ambition as a Team, and they've always tried to champion young and amateur talent.

Last year's 6 car effort was definitely a stretch, I questioned the effort when they announced it given it costs around £250-300k to build these days. Glad they're still around though.
It is good to have them back after all. Means a couple more cars at least and 23 is a respectable number.

NAPA have unveiled their 2024 spec Focus today:

FB_IMG_1710181557523.jpg
FB_IMG_1710181565561.jpg

Must admit, whilst they're not ugly by any means, I did prefer when WSR ran their 330e's with a primarily black livery. Suited it better

At this rate, the number of Independent entries is going to be at its lowest since the early 2000s, only 7 registered so far and only 5 filled.

The 4th WSR entry is still on but may end up being a shared drive. (2 half-seasons to be precise)

PMR, or Evans Halsaw PMR as they are now, have released their 2024 livery for their ever aging Astras. Doble and Taylor-Smith to drive for them once again.

FB_IMG_1711562311112.jpg
FB_IMG_1711562325491.jpg

Also, overseas viewers can now watch each BTCC race live. On TikTok of all platforms...It's a start I suppose 🤷‍♂️, but YouTube was right there...

Last edited:
PMR, or Evans Halsaw PMR as they are now, have released their 2024 livery for their ever aging Astras. Doble and Taylor-Smith to drive for them once again.

Also, overseas viewers can now watch each BTCC race live. On TikTok of all platforms...It's a start I suppose 🤷‍♂️, but YouTube was right there...

Suppose that's progress...

Back