ScottPuss20

Pretty Kitty
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
ScottPuss20
CheetahsMeow
2024-FIAWEC-CALENDAR.png

An exciting new era of endurance racing begins! 19 Hypercars and 18 LMGT3 cars are slated to contest each round of this highly anticipated 8 race championship season, promising to deliver a whole new level of competition not seen since the Group C era. Alpine, Lamborghini, BMW and Isotta Fraschini join Porsche, Cadillac, Toyota, Ferrari and Peugeot in the fight for overall Hypercar honours. 2024 also marks the debut of the brand new LMGT3 class, giving the world's best GT3 cars and drivers a chance to show their talents on the biggest stage imaginable. Ford, Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Aston Martin, BMW and Lexus will fight tooth and nail to prove who has the best sports car. There are many reasons to be excited for the 2024 WORLD ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP!​

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. I'm going to make more of an effort to watch the races in 2024, as I'm starting to get a bit tired of F1. There are too many races and too many of them are on crap tracks.

Interlagos is going to be interesting. It's one of my favourite tracks, but it's quite short for the amount of cars a WEC grid has, so it will be traffic galore, I imagine.

Last edited:
I'll try my best to keep track of the news but just be aware that I won't be posting stuff from X/Twitter because I don't use it. Anyway it was interesting to hear about the aims and objectives of the tyre test conducted by Goodyear at Circuito Monteblanco the other day. It also doubled as a test session for some of the new LMGT3 cars that we'll see in 2024. See how it went down here:

Last edited:
Looking at some of the news I've seen about WEC lately, I guess it might be worth it to invest some time in it for the 2024 season.

Does anyone know if motorsport.tv shows the WEC races live? I've been reluctant to get it, because it costs as much as F1TV and I'd only use it to watch SuperGT and Super Formula, far fewer races than F1 and with very amateur commentators, to be honest. But if I can watch WEC as well, it's almost worth it.

Does anyone know if motorsport.tv shows the WEC races live? I've been reluctant to get it, because it costs as much as F1TV and I'd only use it to watch SuperGT and Super Formula, far fewer races than F1 and with very amateur commentators, to be honest. But if I can watch WEC as well, it's almost worth it.
They didn't last year. The are two streaming sites to choose from are the official WEC and Eurosport.

Jenson Button!!

I do wish we got Kubica, Vettel and Button racing together. I wish the rumours were true.

The 9X8 did look cool without a wing, but relying solely on ground effect was never going to work. It's like Nissan with their front-wheel-drive effort a few years back. These novel ideas might sound good, but there's a reason race car designs end up converging.

Marciello is being thrown straight into the deep end. BMW aren’t messing around.

Another chapter in Rafa's career. I wish him all the best; he's one of the best GT racing drivers in the world. I'm confident he'll do exceptionally well in hypercars.

Does this mean he's disappearing from GTWCE?

Marciello is being thrown straight into the deep end. BMW aren’t messing around.

I think BMW is going to be very competitive. WRT knows what they are doing. They won in GTWC, won in LMP2. BMW picked the right organization to run their Hypercar program.

Back