2024 World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 1,043 comments
I've got Max through Xfinity. I'm definitely not going to miss the millions of commercials on Motortrend during LeMans.

8678i7553D3A0F47122A9

Last edited:
Are the Youtube streams geo-blocked in the US?
I haven't seen WEC streams, just uploads including full races. Those are not blocked for the US. ELMS and the Michelin Le Mans Cup do stream their races, those aren't geo-blocked for us, either.

@Jezza819 good point, makes sense, maybe I can convince the finance committee :)

EDIT: as I mentioned, I have Max through my cell subscription at AT&T. I logged on, can't see any way to add an additional sub for this B/R Sports Add-On, I guess courtesy of the access through AT&T. The B/R Sports page within Max is available and I can click and play any of the highlights like NHL. There are 2 NBA games live tonight, I may check them out whether they would work. I haven't seen anything regarding WEC just yet.

Has anyone checked their Max page for possibilities?

EDIT 2: from the Max support page

Do I have to pay more for live sports?

The B/R Sports Add-on is available to all Max subscribers on us for a limited time! This means that Max subscribers can watch select live sports during the promotional period.
After the promotional period ends, you can add the B/R Sports Add-on starting at $9.99/month (when billed through us). Base subscription will be required. Pricing and availability of the B/R Sports Add-on after the promotional period will vary by subscription provider.
Will my provider offer the B/R Sports Add-on?

The B/R Sports Add-on is available to all Max subscribers on us for a limited time. After the promotional period ends, you may be able to add the B/R Sports Add-on for an additional charge. Base subscription will be required. Pricing and availability of the B/R Sports Add-on after the promotional period will vary by subscription provider. Check back here for more info in the coming months.

Last edited:
I haven't seen WEC streams, just uploads including full races. Those are not blocked for the US. ELMS and the Michelin Le Mans Cup do stream their races, those aren't geo-blocked for us, either.

@Jezza819 good point, makes sense, maybe I can convince the finance committee :)

EDIT: as I mentioned, I have Max through my cell subscription at AT&T. I logged on, can't see any way to add an additional sub for this B/R Sports Add-On, I guess courtesy of the access through AT&T. The B/R Sports page within Max is available and I can click and play any of the highlights like NHL. There are 2 NBA games live tonight, I may check them out whether they would work. I haven't seen anything regarding WEC just yet.

Has anyone checked their Max page for possibilities?

EDIT 2: from the Max support page
I think I remember seeing something on there about it being just the one month free which I assume is February but I'll check again.

I have Max with my Directv sub and MT+ so I guess I will keep the MT since I have too damn many streaming services now. Life was cheaper when I had slow internet.

For those of us with Stan. in Australia all I see are the first three rounds and rest of the season is not posted.

I have Max with my Directv sub and MT+ so I guess I will keep the MT since I have too damn many streaming services now. Life was cheaper when I had slow internet.

:boggled: The links are up in the live section of the MT+ app for Qatar Q and race but if I go into the Max app I find nothing.:banghead:

Last edited:
I just got an email from them this morning telling me my subscription will now be applied to Discovery+.
Yeah I received that one yesterday, so now I guess I am paying for something with this new Disc+ that is already included with my Max sub. I guess I will wait until the links come up on Max to cancel MT+.

Tried Disc+, it has no idea who I am and wont let me login. cool

Last edited:
Yeah I received that one yesterday, so now I guess I am paying for something with this new Disc+ that is already included with my Max sub. I guess I will wait until the links come up on Max to cancel MT+.

Tried Disc+, it has no idea who I am and wont let me login. cool
All these confounded streaming services are making me nostalgic for Cable TV.

Last night I got Max set up on my bedroom tv, I already had it on the living room tv. It let me go into the BR Sports section so I don't know if I'm still on the free preview month or not. I know I haven't signed up for it yet.

Anyway, I was looking for the WEC programming to get an idea of the schedule and I really had to search for it. Other sports (NBA etc.) have their own section but the WEC was just labeled "Qatar" on random tiles. It showed the first practice session starting a little after midnight tonight here locally but I see it's already happened so I'm not sure what time Max was showing. When I get home tonight I'm assuming I can watch the sessions on demand but WEC puts them on their Youtube channel anyway.

ouch... eurosport tv from Sky only covers the race from start to 4h and from 8h to the end 😒
Have to check if the discovery+ enbedded in sky is broadcasting the whole thing here in italy too

If Josef Newgarden wants to go to LeMans in a factory 963 he needs to go there first in a LMP2 and get some experience

Last edited:
FP3 is live on Max with a 3 sec delay vs the Youtube feed.

I watched the first 30 minutes or so on Youtube last night then fell asleep. So apparently the only way to see the first two practice sessions is on the WEC app? It's going to be interesting to see if the race itself is available on demand on Max after the live broadcast or will they have to wait until it hits the WEC Youtube channel.

Can’t wait to watch. 630pm on Stan Sport.

Rewatching GT3 qualifying. All the cars look fantastic. Not a dud in the field.

Last edited:
The gt qualifying was really bittersweet. No spins or incidents/flags caused by lockups (thanks to abs in the gt3 cars) on the one side and so many different cars on the other side (compared to 4 gte models in the last season) ._.

I watched the first 30 minutes or so on Youtube last night then fell asleep. So apparently the only way to see the first two practice sessions is on the WEC app? It's going to be interesting to see if the race itself is available on demand on Max after the live broadcast or will they have to wait until it hits the WEC Youtube channel.
We'll see. The qualifying itself became available on demand, let's hope it's the same for the race, too.

Back