24 Heures du Mans 12th-13th June 2010

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 1,641 comments
I think you can also watch large parts on SPEED TV's website. I think I followed a great deal of it on the website last year when they were broadcasting NASCAR on the TV channel. The commentators for SPEED are kinda really good, so I might skip RLM if I don't find a stream other than SPEED TV's. The only thing that bothers me with SPEED is the commercial breaks every 5 minutes :yuck:

There is that thing called eurosportplayer check it out on eurosport page - you can get Eurosport2 very cheaply for 1month and see 100% of the race - as I did last year + this year they call it Le Mans week so probably all the other stuff is going to be shown too.
(unless eurosportplayer doesn't work outside Europe ? check out the FAQ page)

I present to you, the best "wild card" that will be present at Le Mans this year, and also ... your best chance of a 908 in GT5 (considering the official cars are sponsored by XBOX, and unless PD modelled Peskys car before it was destroyed last year) )

... isn't it beautiful? I'd like to get a black one too !! :drool: :drool: :drool:

[YOUTUBEHD]9lBbyrRx5Js[/YOUTUBEHD]​

EDIT: Second best "wild card" ... Signature Plus's Aston Martin, # 008 and driven by Vanina Ickx!

[YOUTUBEHD]ZqjHYLdhaRA[/YOUTUBEHD]​

Here's how the car looks like:

4422147623_d6713481c0.jpg

Last edited:
Vanina Ickx in an Aston Martin at Le Mans? Can't go wrong there! It's great to see Vanina still racing in this sport. She has been racing the LMP2 cars the last few years and I think she did a great job, even though her team never was spared from mechanical difficulties.

I'm guessing that was taken during pre-season testing.

...with the Podcast going up soon afterwards for those who miss it or want to listen to it again. ;)

Rest of the RadioLeMans.com 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans Preview Schedule

• Tues. May 25th, 20.00 GMT - Le Mans Preview: GT1
  • Tues. June 1st, 20.00 GMT - Le Mans Preview: LMP2
  • Thu. June 3rd, 20.00 GMT - Le Mans Preview: LMP1

This year's Le Mans will be the the ninth or tenth Le Mans I've tried to follow and the ninth Le Mans I've tried to watch on TV. Last year was the first Le Mans where I've seen the actual finish (and Peugeot's triumph). The main story for me is.... can Peugeot do it again? I think if Peugeot wins this race again, I am not going to be sold that Peugeot is somehow the new sportscar powerhouse. It would mean two successive Le Mans that Peugeot would finish outright IF Peugeot wins again.

There's usually never a such thing as an uninteresting 24 Hours of Le Mans. This race should be as awesome as many of the past Le Mans enduros. So that's my key question- can Peugeot win it again? Peugeot won outright in two successive years in the 90s, but can they do it again?

That's the story I'll try to follow for this year's race.

Quoted for a new page

Not sure they usually overun anyway

Heads up for future broadcasts

GT1 tomorrow
LMP2 June 1st
LMP1 June 3rd

Was listening to the GT2 preview and i noticed they didn't mention anything about the the 'Vettes. Just Porsche and Ferrari.

I present to you, the best "wild card" that will be present at Le Mans this year, and also ... your best chance of a 908 in GT5 (considering the official cars are sponsored by XBOX, and unless PD modelled Peskys car before it was destroyed last year) )

... isn't it beautiful? I'd like to get a black one too !! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Except the Oreca car looks like this when painted:

sarrazin-peugeot-2010-1.jpg

Panis had an early end to the LMS Spa 1000km:

And the factory Peugeots aren't sponsored by Xbox anymore:

peugeot-908-001.JPG

Also, I'd put money on the Pescarolo 908 being in the game.

Aww, Brabham is in LMP2 this year which pretty much takes away his chance of outright victory.:( I'm predicting the Saleen S7 will at least take pole in GT1, and if it's reliable, could win GT1, and I'll be cheering on the Corvettes in both GT1 and GT2.

Us Aussies are supposed to be getting some liver coverage again this year on One HD, I shall endeavour to watch this if at all possible, hopefully it doesn't interfere with work.:nervous:

So who is in GT1 class this year? I heard there was going to be a Ford GT? I think an Aston Martin DBR9 will be there as well, maybe some of the guys from GT1 World Championship will be there (I think that's where I heard of the Ford GT being there).

So who is in GT1 class this year? I heard there was going to be a Ford GT? I think an Aston Martin DBR9 will be there as well, maybe some of the guys from GT1 World Championship will be there (I think that's where I heard of the Ford GT being there).

Read the first post.

For the LMP1 (Diesel) win I'm supporting the #7 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R15.

For the LMP1 (Petrol) win I'm supporting the #009 Aston Martin Racing Lola Aston Martin, support also going to #11 Drayson Racing Lola Judd Coupe.

For the GT1 win I'm supporting the #52 Labre Competition Aston Martin DBR9.

For the GT2 win I'm supporting the #80 Flying Lizards Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, support also going to #82 Risi Competizione Ferrari F430 GT and the #64 Corvette Racing C6 ZR1.

Last edited:
For the LMP1 (Diesel) win I'm supporting the #7 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R15.

For the LMP1 (Petrol) win I'm supporting the #009 Aston Martin Racing Lola Aston Martin, support also going to #11 Drayson Racing Lola Judd Coupe.

For the GT1 win I'm supporting the #52 Labre Competition Aston Martin DBR9 or the #64 Corvette Racing C6 ZR1.

For the GT2 win I'm supporting the #80 Flying Lizards Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, support also going to #82 Risi Competizione Ferrari F430 GT.

The #63 and #64 cars will be in GT2 this year not GT1.

So has anyone realised that there have been 40 Le Mans 24hr races since the GT40 last raced and its successor now returns?:cool:

I love the BMW art cars, it's always nice to see a new one.👍. I'm hoping that's how the car will race and it won't get covered with sponsors.:)

Last edited:
I love the BMW art cars, it's always nice to see a new one.👍. I'm hoping that's how the car will race and it won't get covered with sponsors.:)

It shouldn't get covered in sponsors, for a start I don't think Jeff Koon's would appreciate his art work being covered up by corporate branding. Also, IIRC I don't think any of the BMW Art Cars of old which raced ever had sponsors. So hopefully this will be the same. I must admit, I do like this one it fits in with the others that have been created too. BMW Art Cars is one of the those exhibitions of art that I would quite happily go and seen if it ever came to the UK. 👍

My Analysis and predictions:
P1 - I dont think Audi has matched the speed of Peugeot, even with the R15+. The R15 and R15+ have only been to victory lane once each that I remember. Once in Sebring when they "cheated" with the R15 and once just recently with the R15+, but Peugeot was not present. This will be interesting to watch play out. I think in the last half of the race victory will be within reach for at least 2 Peugeots (factory) and one Audi. You are kidding yourself if you think gasoline cars will have a chance. Its sad, but true.

P2 - I dont get to follow the Euro LMS, so Im not sure of the dominant teams. I will say that Acura has a strong driver lineup - Brabham, Franchitti and Werner.

GT1 - Reliabilty will determine the GT1 champ. Im going to say most likely Corvette. With no factory teams, I believe it is the most proven entry.

GT2 - I wont be surprised if the top GT2 cars finish ahead of most of GT1. As gorgeous as the above BMW is, I think Ferrari will be there in the end.

Last edited:
My Analysis and predictions:
P1 - I dont think Audi has matched the speed of Peugeot, even with the R15+. It has only been to victory lane twice that I remember. Once in Sebring when they "cheated" and once just recently, but Peugeot was not present. This will be interesting to watch play out. I think in the last half of the race victory will be within reach for at least 2 Peugeots (factory) and one Audi. You are kidding yourself if you think gasoline cars will have a chance. Its sad, but true.

When did the Audi R15+ cheat at Sebring? It didn't even take place in the race but was there the next week for testing.

Back