24 Heures du Mans 12th-13th June 2010

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 1,641 comments
I'm not wanting to have loads of descusions going at once but I did like these

4699161423_b5393e60af.jpg

4699792358_8577c0a742.jpg

Also the live timing got hacked (did anyone see it?) here's a link as it contains rude words, you have been warned as per the AUP.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...ew=global&subj=5508588715&id=691018032&ref=pf

LOL, nice pics. Unfortunately, Peugeot are going to cop it a fair bit until they can prove themselves again. I was actually thinking about using GT5 to make a short comedical film re-enacting the 2010 Le Mans 24hr, where the camera is set to show the finish line and final corner, then you have 3 Peugeots come out of the final corner in succession crashing into the wall, then a 4th taking out a Corvette at the final corner and itself, then have the 3 Audis roll through and across the line in the form finish.:lol: All in the space of less than 60sec.

Just hope GT5 is not getting that realistic when it comes to endurance/damage, or there will be not point in trying to race Le Mans on a 908 Peugeot.

V12 above all else, all of God's cars are high revving V12's with straight pipes.

Well, most of them, I'm sure his favourite is either a Matra MS670 or a Ferrari 412.

Not yet mate... Mt.Lynx said that one post above me. But hopefully they don't get DQ after all that hard work.

I've looked on all the usual sites but cannot find anything, I guess we'll have to wait until he comes on-line for a link to the story.

There's a response from Davidson, and he seems to be in a better mood now.

Autosport
Q. Do you feel confident that the incident with the GT2-leading Corvette wasn't your fault?

AD: Did I make mistakes in the race? Yeah of course I did, you do when you're tired and it's four o'clock in the morning.

I'd like to talk about it because I hear the radio commentator here was a bit harsh on me. Maybe I said some things in the heat of the moment that I might regret. Obviously I never want to be a part of, or the reason why, someone's race might have ended at Le Mans, so I feel sorry for the Corvette guys. I didn't know that at the time... and I'm sorry for that.

But at the end of the day there was no contact between us. And I did that manoeuvre on many, many cars throughout the race and not once got into trouble. I was completely cool and fine with the overtaking manoeuvre, it was a legitimate pass, I was on the racing line and took the corner. Crashes do happen at Le Mans, it's cut-throat. It's very close and you have to react and make reactions some times and I think what happened there was just a slight over-reaction and it caught the Corvette by surprise.

I was none the wiser, for me it was just a normal passing move in the Porsche Curves, like I'd done to 50 or 60 other cars throughout the event. So I was a bit shocked when I was being accused of ending someone's race because I was just completely oblivious. I didn't even know that he had gone off because of me. Anyway, I think I might have said something like, 'I don't care' at the time, but what I was trying to say was that it wasn't my race, I'm not racing them so my care was getting my car back into the lead where we belonged.

I was told by my team to drive at 100 per cent and take risks because we knew we had to do that to have a chance. Also when you are in the lead of the race, like we were, you look in your mirrors more, you look at the blue flags more. Those guys know how to win a race and I'm sure someone else in a different situation wouldn't have been caught out by that.

Or you'd have to double-check the lineup if you're planning on entering in a Corvette ;)

LOL. But that's more in the realistic AI department :)

Not yet mate... Mt.Lynx said that one post above me. But hopefully they don't get DQ after all that hard work.

On what grounds would this DQ happen?
(Although I always thought Diesels should get DQ or banned because they use turbos and that was not allowed. That or allow turbos back into any engine.)

Turbos are allowed in LMP1 and LMP2 anyway, I'm pretty sure they're allowed in the GT classes aswell.

Not sure, but let me rephrase that, if they are.
"Allow petrol engines to use turbos and same capacity engines or at least, allow them to be as competitive as T-Diesels" :)

I'm not anti-turbo or anti-diesel.

Not sure, but let me rephrase that, if they are.
"Allow petrol engines to use turbos and same capacity engines or at least, allow them to be as competitive as T-Diesels" :)

I'm not anti-turbo or anti-diesel.

In your previous post you made it sound as if you didn't think Turbos where allowed whatsoever.

At least it's not like the Rolex Sports Car series, the GT drivers give no room to the Can-Am drivers and often turn in on them causing an accident. At least from what I could tell of the 2 races I watched.

Must've been only from the two races you watched as they usually get out of the way when the DP cars come. Now at a track like Mid-ohio or Lime rock its hard to do since most of the time its constintly turning with not much straightaways.

In your previous post you made it sound as if you didn't think Turbos where allowed whatsoever.

I was/am under the impression they were "banned" in those classes and F1, and was some loophole in the rules that allowed for the diesel to use them.

I'll investigate. Meanwhile if anyone could clarify, I'm always happy to be educated.

In LMP1 you're allowed a 4 litre turbo/supercharged engine, and in LMP2 you are allowed a 2 litre (with no more than 4 cylinders) turbo/supercharged engine .

In LMP1 you're allowed a 4 litre turbo/supercharged engine, and in LMP2 you are allowed a 2 litre (with no more than 4 cylinders) turbo/supercharged engine .

Thanks. I've found they were banned but only on F1.

LMP1 allows
6 liter petrol
4 l turbo petrol
5.5 l diesel (turbo or not)

I guess it's just a question of making a 4.0 turbo that is not only more powerful but also reliable and fuel efficient enough to beat the Diesel. And that won't come cheap...

Last edited:
I've looked on all the usual sites but cannot find anything, I guess we'll have to wait until he comes on-line for a link to the story.

Me neither.. I can't seem to find it elsewhere too. Hopefully he come back and give more details on it.

On what grounds would this DQ happen?
(Although I always thought Diesels should get DQ or banned because they use turbos and that was not allowed. That or allow turbos back into any engine.)

I have no idea mate. If so then it could probably be something illegal from the car... We'll see.

As promised the Radio Le Mans broadcast with the interview with Dick Dastardly Davidson is about 4/5th from the end, It's not the accident that caused the great uproar, (if we all agree it was a 50/50 race incident) it's what he said in this interview and also Peugeot's attitue later. John 'Hindy' Hindaugh opinions are pure gold, and the other commentator's struggeling to balance out his rant are great.

http://audio.mpix.org.uk/lemans2010/2010_lm24_r20.mp3

The link didn't work the first time for me, let it load, close it down, then try again this time you should get the time slide bar at the bottom 👍

I've just found another interview, here's the one he did with SPEED, and WOW how one of his pit crew didn't just pull him away I'll never know.

I just finally got done watching my recordings of the race. I watched every second of this race. I can say, I've never seen anybody so STUPID as Anthony Davidson. He's also an enormous prick.

Great race. A shame what happened to the 64. Fitting what happened to the Poo-Joes.

I just finally got done watching my recordings of the race. I watched every second of this race. I can say, I've never seen anybody so STUPID as Anthony Davidson. He's also an enormous prick.

Great race. A shame what happened to the 64. Fitting what happened to the Poo-Joes.

Maybe he made Peugeot lose? :lol::lol:

So the French have invented a diesel-fueled flamethrower. Cool!

One cannot be happy about the failures of the French cars, three spewing engine bits, and the one breaking the tub, but I confess to a small cheer of satisfied sense of justice when the Davidson car wen ka-BLAMMO. His impatience with traffic is the whole reason he was having to race so hard when he ran the 64 off the track; he'd driven it into the gravel during the bight when a 1-second pause would have been a clear pass. Obviously he didn't learn from it.

His attitude in that interview brought to mind the attitude of squid-type motorcyclists, the ones who race on the streets, wheelie on the freeways, and whine about all the cars in their way. Anthony Davidson is a squid!!

I see in a quote in a previous post that he's toned it down a bit, but I'm sure that comes from Upper Management more than it comes from himself. I can imagine that he had a meeting, was told that his interview was rather poorly received, and to make amends.

For the race as a whole, I was VERY impressed with the repair effort of the Corvette team. That was a well-drilled group of guys going about what needed doing, each in exactly the right place with exactly the right stuff. That was top-notch!

I was pulling for the Ford GTs through the night. Too bad they became traffic markers for other cars to hit. But a Saleen???!! Seriously!!??!?

I'm also a bit stoked about the International Cup they're bringing about. It's certain to bring more cars and teams to Sebring and Road Atlanta, both quite accessible from my northwest Florida abode.

Last edited:
Not sad so much. GT1 fields have been weak for years now. It only made sense for factories, as the cars were just too expensive for privateers.

Back