24 Heures du Mans 12th-13th June 2010

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 1,641 comments
I didn't know Team Farnbacher was in the race! If the Nurburgring 24 Hours is anything to go by, they look like one of the teams to watch.

Exactly mate! They're going quite strong too. 5th place currently in the GT2 class. They ran very good in Nurburgring, yet agreed they're one of the team to watch in the race.

Thankyou 👍

Glad to help mate ;) No problem at all...

I really wish the V8 Vantage was more reliable, Rob Bell is very good driver and I've seen him win the last two years at the Silverstone LMS. JMW are very good team aswell but now they're seeing, like Drayson did, the V8 Vantage GT2 isn't as strong a product as the other AMR cars. I've supported them from the start but now I think they'll be lucky to make the end.

Session is over, a wait for 2 hours before qualifying starts ;)

The fastest time were:

LMP1 No 2 Peugeot 3:20.034

LMP2 No 26 HPD ARX 3:38.691

GT1 No 52 Aston Martin 3:56.839

GT2 No 64 Corvette 4:00.888

Last edited:
First blood to Peugeot, top 4 cars, lets see if they can take their pace through to qualifying.

Ugh, Audi 4 seconds behind the Peugeots. Was hoping they would be more matched. Audi couldn't keep up the Peugeot pace on Spa-francorchamps as well.

only found the vette pit cam also.

Does anybody know if Nigel Mansell is already qualified (as rookie)? I read in www.lemans.org that many of the rookies failed to complete the minimum 10 laps needed but that they all have been given a second chance to do it until midnight.

Ugh, Audi 4 seconds behind the Peugeots. Was hoping they would be more matched. Audi couldn't keep up the Peugeot pace on Spa-francorchamps as well.

Rather depressingly, even the slowest of the factory diesels was still 3 seconds faster than the quickest petrol car...hmm. Ahh well, good to see the Aston Martins right up there, and I suppose 3 seconds at a track like Le Mans over the course of 24hrs is a tiny margin. Looks fascinating...I like the look of the GT2 charts as well, my man Oliver Gavin's car first in GT2 :D

Does anybody know if Nigel Mansell is already qualified (as rookie)? I read in www.lemans.org that many of the rookies failed to complete the minimum 10 laps needed but that they all have been given a second chance to do it until midnight.

I suspect if any of the RSR Jag drivers are rookies they didn't get their laps in, the car was only out for 30minutes.

Also a no on extra pit cams, but the Flying lizards pit to car radio communications are usually broadcast for the full 24hours, a good listen during pit stops:tup:

Also I've found this, does this mean Audi tv are streaming the full race from inside the cockpits of the Walrus?

Last edited:
I hope so that will be an awesome view to watch the race from. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to watch that the pit cams as more show up through the week and the race along with timing and scoring. I think I'm going to need more monitors.

I hope so that will be an awesome view to watch the race from.

Watching the Peugeots disappering into the distance. :lol:

Should be good at night. :)👍

Found this, I have a new level of respect for endurance drivers.

Last edited:
Here we go, going to start the qualifying. Going to be very ineteresting as it's getting darker out there. Tougher challenge for the rookies. Well some of them...

Can someone explain to me how Jaguar got an invite? This car seems to have some serious teething problems and I don't think it has gone a single race where it hasn't spent a good amount of time in the pits being worked on. really think the spot could have gone to a team that would have used it to actually be competitive.

Because it's a Jaguar at Le Mans.

Here comes Sarrazin. The times are gonna; start tumbling now.

Can someone explain to me how Jaguar got an invite? This car seems to have some serious teething problems and I don't think it has gone a single race where it hasn't spent a good amount of time in the pits being worked on. really think the spot could have gone to a team that would have used it to actually be competitive.

RSR Jaguar didn't get an invite, they submitted an entry like most of the field.

According to the live timing, one of the LMP Astons has a better lap time (less than a second) than the fastest Audi.

Don't read much into qualy times early on Speed157.

Session has been Red flagged. Hope it's nothing too serious.:nervous:

I saw an GT3 RSR involved, don't know which one though.

Thank the Lord for Radio Le Mans! My Sky Plus box has screwed up under the weight of tonnes of programmes trying to be recorded...and with a complete lack of decent streams (or rather, streams that can be played on my decrepid old laptop), time for RLM! :)

Did I hear him right when he said an Aston Martin was 4th behind the 3 Peugeots?!

Back