24 Heures du Mans 12th-13th June 2010

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 1,641 comments
Hmmm... the front nose of the R15+ :lol:

walrus_L.jpg

Sony France have always been big motorsport sponsors, it wouldn't normally mean anything as Gran Turismo and Playstation have been sponsoring Le Mans and select teams for many years now. (there was even a Porsche 911 GT1 that had Gran Turismo sponsorship back in 1998)
The '5' though is interesting and points to an iminent release (after all, if they were planning to release the game next year, they would sponsor fully GT5 at next year's Le Mans, no?).
Its worth noting that while Pescarolo had Gran Turismo/Playstation sponsorship for many years, they only had GT4 sponsorship one year - 2005.

The designers of that R15+ should get shot in the face. Seriously, that is by far the worst looking design they've entered in the last years. (The R8R '99 looked brilliant, although the closed-cockpit alternate to it was hideous as well...)

Although I prefer last years R15 lookswise, looks are the least important priority when designing a racecar ( it's designing, not styling ), it's all about optimal functionality and performance.
And Wolfgang Ullrich insists on open cockpits for visibility and heating reasons I believe.

Although I prefer last years R15 lookswise, looks are the least important priority when designing a racecar ( it's designing, not styling ), it's all about optimal functionality and performance.
And Wolfgang Ullrich insists on open cockpits for visibility and heating reasons I believe.

Personally I believe they should've continued with the R10 platform. I was quite surprised how soon they ditched it for the R15 seeing the R8 was used for so long and still a dominant car. After all the R10 was still the car to beat for Peugeot. Although it may be early to call, I'm predicting Audi not being able to bring the challenge to Peugeot any closer than last year. If anything, I expect the Astons closer up with the Audis for this year. But of course answers will come in a few couple of days.

I just switch on my TV, and I can see the session full!!:D

Yep red flag now. The Ford has quite amount of damage at the back..

Trust me they don't sound like that in person, they just sort-of whistle. It can be a nice peaceful break when a diesel goes past when you have a headache after a days racing.

C'mon Mansell

Trust me they don't sound like that in person, they just sort-of whistle. It can be a nice peaceful break when a diesel goes past when you have a headache after a days racing.

The tyre roar is louder than the engine 👎

The tyre roar is louder than the engine 👎

I understand what you mean, it's great to hear the loud and nice sound of an engine, it's a demostration of it's power. But sound is energy, the louder an engine is, the greater is the energy lost making that great noise. The real demostration of the power of the diesel engines is when the audis and peugeots beat the petrol engined cars.
I like the sound of the diesels better, I hear that, and think in the engineers saying "we are not wasting energy in sound" 👍

Just seen the JLOC, it's still running ;)

The exact moment I saw this post, it comes on TV with a flat tire!.:nervous:

The esses look even bumpier this year, already caught out a few people.

What caused the first Matech crash?.:(

Evening all, how many will be sticking around for qualifying? Or is that a bit of a silly question...? :sly:

Never seen the cars bump so violently through Terte Rouge, seeing the Rebellion car just loose control so quickly shows the nature of the surface and the challenge facing the drivers. I suppose it's what makes this race such a challenge - you're not just racing the opposition drivers, your own fatigue and the weather and atmosphere - you are racing the track and all of it's foibles. This will be my first full 24hrs this year, I look forward to it with interest! :D

You're with me Falcon787B :)

I'll stick around for Qualy and this will also be my first 24 Le Mans race :D Can't wait for the race itself! The track is very bumpy, as at all around the corners that you guys stated. But that makes up the challenge and makes everything interesting!

EDIT: It doesn't seem to get raining... But the sky is getting dark.

I think i'll stick around for tonights qualifying too, though i've got an early start tomorrow morning and i'm tired, but i'm really physced up so I doubt i'd be able to get to sleep anyway. I need to pay for a months eurosport player first.;)

Grenade
Good for you, Only girls go to bed.:)

👍

Good for you, Only girls go to bed. :)

Lmao! Not sure what that's made me for the past few years...but I'll be resisting the lure of sleep as much as possible this year, the sight of top-level prototype and GT machinery flying through the night should keep me nicely awake :)

You're with me Falcon787B :)

I'll stick around for Qualy and this will also be my first 24 Le Mans race :D Can't wait for the race itself! The track is very bumpy, as at all around the corners that you guys stated. But that makes up the challenge and makes everything interesting!

EDIT: It doesn't seem to get raining... But the sky is getting dark.

Haha, fantastic! Glad I'm not the only first-timer this year with the Le Mans shenanigens. I've caught parts of it before, but this'll be the first year that I'll be going flag-to-flag...or at least attempting to :dopey:

Back