24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Ardius, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Ardius

Ardius

79th Grand Prix of Endurance
    11th June -12th June 2011
    Start time (local): 15:00
    Start time (GMT): 13:00

[​IMG]

Eurosport TV Schedule:
    Monday 6th June
    Le Mans 24 Minutes: 1830-1900, Eurosport HD

Tuesday 7th June
    Le Mans 24 Minutes (Repeat of Mondays episode): 0730-0800, Eurosport HD

Wednesday 8th June
    Le Mans 24 Minutes (Repeat of Tuesdays episode): 0000-0030, Eurosport HD
    Le Mans 24 Minutes (Repeat of Tuesdays episode): 0730-8000, Eurosport HD

Thursday 9th June
    Qualifying: 1900-2000, Eurosport HD
    Qualifying: 2100-2300, Eurosport HD

Friday 10th June

Saturday 11th June
    Le Mans 24 Minutes (Repeat of Fridays episode): 0730-0800, Eurosport HD
    Warm-Up: 0800-0900, Eurosport HD
    Legends race: 0900-1000, Eurosport HD
    Le Mans 24 Minutes: 1315-1345, Eurosport HD
    Race: 1345-1515, Eurosport HD
    Le Mans 24 Minutes: 1900-1930, Eurosport HD
    Race: 1930-2130, Eurosport HD

Sunday 12th June
    Race: 0200-0830, Eurosport HD
    Race: 0830-0900, Eurosport HD
    Race: 0900-1045, Eurosport HD
    Race: 1200-1415, Eurosport HD
    Le Mans 24 Minutes: 1415-1430, Eurosport HD

Monday 13th June
    Highlights: 0745-0845, Eurosport HD
    Highlights: 1345-1445, Eurosport HD

(All times GMT+1 - UK time)

Entry list: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers...011-entry-list-test-day-24-heures-du-mans.pdf
    Spotter guide: http://www.spotterguides.com/le-mans-2011-guide

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So it begins once again! Le Mans week everyone! :cheers:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  2. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

You know there's a thread on this right here right?

3. Akmuq

Akmuq

Plus it's a very good first post which has TV times and a spotter guide

4. Ardius

Ardius

This isn't "general discussion", the race deserves its own thread, as it has every previous year.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127409
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115694
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102721
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94217

Plus Interludes agreed a long time ago that it was wrong to try and force all LMS, ALMS, GT1 and GT3 discussion into one topic. If anything, everyone needs to stop using that thread. Its such a mess to wade through if you want to find the latest discussion of ALMS for example, or for any news relevant to LMS but not to the 24 hour race. If it gets spammed full of running commentary during this race it will become even more of a mess!
    This thread is only to talk about the 24 hours, not LMS or ALMS or any other sports car series (though they will obviously have relevance to the topic - its not the main focus of discussion).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  5. RobGT81

RobGT81

6. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

Ardius, are you sure there's a 2 hour difference between Greenwich and Le Mans?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember the race started at 14:00 local time last year?

7. Hun200kmh

Hun200kmh

Great opening post Ardius, thanks for giving yourself the trouble to create it! :tup:

I gotta say I'm very much pumped up for this year's battle between Audi and Peugeot, I don't think any of the Aston Martins will see the end of it but it doesn't really matter what they need is to learn the car and return stronger. I'm curious about their speed though especially after the "after-Spa" regulation changes, supposedly in favour of the petrols.

Sadly the only petrol that I could see take the battle to the Diesels (Highcroft's Acura) won't show up, we'll see what the Peskys and the Toyota powered cars will be able to do.

Roll on. I regard this race as the pinnacle of all motorsports and once a year all else doesn't matter, I'll be glued to it for the weekend! :D

EDIT - I think it's 15.00 French time, that should be 14.00 UK (IE and here), and 15 in Norway also!

8. Furi

Furi Premium

Will Aston even start? The engine is so unreliable (They've been testing this week as well) that I fear they will be a high-profile JLOC.... start and stop after a lap or so.

9. aarror

aarror

Is there no GT1 or GT2 class this year? Seeing only 2 classes is rather sad, the worlds most famous motor race not attracting enough cars to have 3 or 4 classes.

10. Hun200kmh

Hun200kmh

You have four classes, two in LMP and two in GT (GTE Pro and GTE Am). And a field of 56 cars I think that's a full field :tup:

11. Luminis

Luminis

I've got to say, I was kind of confused to see GTE Pro and GTE Am instead of GT3 and GT1, but whatever, I ctually like it. If I'm not mistaken, the cars are actually the same, as far as technical regulations go, so that could be more interesting to keep and eye on than GT3 vs. GT1.

My personal preperations are going well so far, too: I've already stocked up on lots and lots of Monster Energy to stay awake for all of the 24 hours :lol:

Anyways, I'll be rooting for Audi per default in LMP1, so yeah... Hopefully, Peugot will entertain us with a nice BBQ this year again :sly:
    Just kidding, of course.

12. Furi

Furi Premium

GT3 would be too slow. I agree the GT's are a little confusing. nice to see Lotus in there, I mean it's a fairly easy task they've got... all they have to beat are Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Corvette, and Ford? Easy Task right? :sly:

13. fissionproject

fissionproject

SPEED is showing some of this race in the US so I've got it setup on the DVR :)

14. Furi

Furi Premium

I take it Eurosport have the full 24/7 coverage again this year? Hope they have Carlton Kirby and Liz Halliday back...

15. Ardius

Ardius

You're forgetting Daylight Savings, which puts most countries in Europe +1 forwards in time.
    UK currently is GMT+1, France is currently GMT+2.
    The race always starts at 3pm local time. Always has and always will.

Yes. :tup: Just not all on the HD channel.

16. gtone339

gtone339

Could someone here live stream this via Justin tv? I could also watch this via speed tv or Peugeot sports website.

17. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Do we have to go to ESPN3 to watch the entire thing if your in the states?

18. IceMan PJN

IceMan PJN

In fairness to them, I want to correct that it's more of "most of the race" versus just "some of the race". I didn't go through and count how many hours of coverage they devote to it, but it's a good bit and I believe in the past they've been good for covering at least fourteen hours of it, which is a majority. Importantly, they make sure that their coverage includes the start and finish.

Honestly, I don't see me watching all of their hours of coverage. I tend to catch the start and finish and then drop in and out in between. I do enjoy racing but sooner or later I need to step away.

I've been waiting for them to complete their F1 2011 spotter's guide. Half-way through the season it's basically useless unless someone is just starting to follow mid-way through the year.

19. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

I guess I wasn't the only one that has wanted this. I was reminded that I was waiting for it when I looked up the 24h LeMans spotter guide. I remember looking for it back when Australia GP hit and then I looked for it last night. I thought with in that time frame it'd be up...so much for hoping.

20. RobGT81

RobGT81

Their test at monza went ok this week, they ran ten minute stints all day without too many setbacks. Saying that, ill be impressed if either car makes it past midnight. Its a three year program so not quite JLOC, they were just incompetent!

21. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

For the Australians, ONE will be once again broadcasting segments of the big race live next weekend. Although, it seems like there's not going to be quite as much coverage as last year due to MotoGP (as opposed to just Le Mans and F1) being added into the equation.

22. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Nope, some is on SPEED, the rest is streaming on SPEED.com.

23. Peter.

Peter.

If I didn't live in Jamaica, where there are no other racing fans, i'd invite some mates over, get some Monster and Red Bull, stay up and watch the race. So, lets find a solution.

A TinyChat room for us GTP users to gather together, whether via webcams, michrophones, or just through text, and talk racing. It'll be great fun guys. Does anyone support my idea? For those of us who have no friends to invite over, or can't invite over because of wives/mothers/children, this is the solution for you.

Maybe i'll make a thread.

24. Rossticles

Rossticles

I can't wait.

25. Famine

Famine Administrator

Except that most races have started at 4pm local time and it has rarely been moved up to 3pm (2007 to present), 2pm (1968) or delayed to 5pm (2006 - during the World Cup).

26. Ardius

Ardius

I stand corrected then. :tup: Or at least on the "always has" part anyway.

27. Peter.

Peter.

I'm expecting a mixed order between the Audis and Pugs, but Audi should be on top of Peugeot. If Aston Martin make it past 6 hours i'll be impressed.

28. Furi

Furi Premium

Pescarolo may be best of rest. Rebellion will be quick but lack reliability, and there's always the Kronos Aston as well...

By the way, not 1, or 2, but 7 Gulf-sponsored cars!!!

The two AMR-One''s, 2 from OAK Racing in P1 and another 2 in P2, and an Aston Martin V8 Vantage in P2 run under the Gulf AMR banner, but managed by David Price.

29. lukecfc

lukecfc

Nice opening post Ardius, but do the Eurosport people commentate in English? Because I'm watching it now it and I don't know what the language is. Or do I just have the wrong channel?

30. Famine

Famine Administrator

It does seem to be the new "traditional" start time.

But hey, traditions start somewhere, right? Who are we to argue with ACO :lol: