24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
Nice opening post Ardius, but do the Eurosport people commentate in English? Because I'm watching it now it and I don't know what the language is. Or do I just have the wrong channel?

Eurosport broadcast in many countries, each with regionalised content. For Le Mans, the pit lane reporters generally speak various languages and sometimes interview drivers and team personnel in their native language.
But the commentary team is english for the UK, french for France, etc. They usually translate any interviews done in foreign languages, so for the UK we have an english commentary who translate the pit lane interviews as they happen (unless they are in english obviously).

So yeah, you have the wrong channel, you need to try and find Eurosport UK and Eurosport 2/UK. I don't know where or how as I've never had to as I obviously get the channels. You will need both channels as they transfer the coverage from one to the other over the 24 hours (to fit in with their schedules for other sporting events).
Also - a word of warning - the Eurosport TV schedule can get very mixed up due to delayed live events, etc. So if you tune in and its not showing what it should be, don't be surprised. For Le Mans though, it shouldn't be a problem as its a much more important event than the IRC or GP2 highlights. This is only a warning if you are trying to watch anything else on Eurosport.

If you don't mind paying a little, you can get this:
http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk

Channels 410 and 411 if you're with Sky Digital and 412 if you're lucky and have the HD box.

Hmmm, I can't quite put my finger on it ... but there's something about this year's field that just doesn't seem right. Like it's not what it could be.

I'll do my usual and point out the GTP Le Mans fan group.

Please show your support by changing your avatar to the car/driver/team you support for the week (at least the race weekend).

:)

Peugeot drivers arrived at Le Mans, in a funny way (probably tiring too, 130 kms is a long ride !)

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/update/Peugeot-drivers-arrive-on-2-wheels_3930.html

Duffers917K
Please show your support by changing your avatar to the car you support for the week (at least the race weekend).

Will do. No doubts there, I would be supporting Highcroft if they were present. Since they aren't, I'll be supporting:
1 - Bourdais (always liked the guy, although he's one unlucky fellow)
2 - Lamy (countryman, all that ... :D )
3 - Pagenaud (Highcroft driver and I'm an Highcroft fan)

So ... Peugeot #9 it is! Need to find a avatar-friendly pic :cheers:

Hmmm, I can't quite put my finger on it ... but there's something about this year's field that just doesn't seem right. Like it's not what it could be.

Might it be to do with the lack of GT1?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this year. Should be interesting to see who comes out on top. 👍

First time I've properly heard the AMR-One.

It deserves to win now just because it still sounds very very good (although obviously not as nice as the V12)

Please show your support by changing your avatar to the car/driver/team you support for the week (at least the race weekend).

Done so.. :D

My Eurosport will be showing 20 hours of the race because of this IAAF something... A bit like last year so nothing bothers me much. A slight pause for F1 Canadian Qualifying and some other stuff. It's going to be exciting!

I'll be right here for most of the race so hopefully I can provide and share as many information during the race.

Well, didn't find a decent "avatar-able" pic of the red-mirrors car (#3 at Spa, will be #9 at Le mans) so will have to manage with a generic one.

However, make no mistake: this is the car I'm following :D

picture.php

About Mucke, I guess he could really be in trouble. This isn't news to us (and was posted this morning) , but I find it significant that it was posted in the ACO's official site. They are watching ...

I'll do my picks again this year

LMP1- Its going to be a 24h war between Audi and Peugeot, I'll go with Peugeot.

LMP2- I should pay more attention to this class. Signatech-Nissan of course has Lucas Ordonez as a driver. So Obviously, many of us as GTP will support him. Meanwhile at RML, they have former Stig, Ben Collins. Then again, there is Level 5, an American team. I don't know, somebody gonna win this class.

GTE Pro- Corvette Racing, is there any another GT team thats more awesome than them? Hopefully, nothing will go wrong for them this year *cough* Anthony Davidson *cough*.

GTE Am- Porsches 911 GT3 RSRs are always fast round La Sarthe. Lets see, theres Larbre Compétition (also got a 'Vette), Flying Lizard, and Proton Competition.

Last edited:
Here you go Hun200kmh.

@race'emhard You do realise it's Larbe Competition right? Not Labarbe. They are a pretty succesful and famous team.

Thanks! 👍 tried a few from the site you directed me to and settled for a view that I hope is what rivals (from Peugeot and Audi) will see :D

Try this resized one instead, won't be as blurry.

Le Man 24 Minutes daily-round up show on Eurosport in 10 mins.

Well you can see from my avatar who I am backing... to make it past 12 hours :D... no 6... no the first hour... if they make it...

Wonder who would replace Mucke?

Apparantley Enge is the favourite.

I'm really excited for all this week now, so glad I booked it off work to watch everything.

I'm going to make sure I definatley go next year.

I was looking with more attention to the Spotters Guide and I realized that there'll be a #13 car (second Toyota). Nice ... I'm a fan of the number 13 (was born on a 13th myself) and always find funny how so many people avoid it .

So ... here's my 2nd favourite . Good luck guys! 👍

picture.php

Oh and btw, Bouillon is a very, very, very, very ... 1000x very fast driver, I watched him win the LMS race at Portimao driving a Pescarolo and he was impressive.

He was on another planet in the 2009 Silverstone 1000km, although last year he had a habit of crashing a bit too much at Le Mans and the LMS.

I'm a big fan of his, though. I have one of his fireproof shirts from Williams framed on my wall (he was test driver in '95) which he signed for me. :)

Wow, what a lineup of drivers they have this year!
For the overall win my hopes goes to Audi #3 and Kristensen/Capello/McNish. McNish is one of my personal favourites. Think that the Pug #7 with Davidson/Gené/Wurz will be the strongest Pug, and might take overall honors.
Best of the rest will be one of the Rebellion cars. Both have strong driver lineups, so either one can be best of the rest.
For P2, I have no idea, but RML is always up there, and with those drivers (Newton/Erdos/Collins) they certainly look strong.
GTE is anybodys guess I presume, but IMHO Luxury Racing has a very good driver lineup, and a very good car at that.

Settled for a new avatar to show who I'm supporting this year, again. Audi's not wearing the number one for nothing :sly:
I'm getting more excited by the day. Too bad I can't use two different avatars to show my support for BMW as well.

Looking through the entry list in my Autosport Handbook...

P1:
#5 Hope Racing (ORECA-Lehamann) are first hybrid in the 24 Hours. It's unreliable but Jan Lammers is on board, so expect a qualifying flyer if the car holds together

P2:
#49 may say OAK Racing on it, but local team DAMS are running it - OAK have 3 other cars

#36 RML have an HPD but they've had engine power issues.

#48 ORECA running their own car, with Alexandre Premat behind the wheel.

GTE:
NASCAR fans watch for the #71 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia - Michael Waltrip onboard that car.

Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread a minute ago.

Art Cars

Car is packed/loaded up:tup:, ready to go wednesday morning. I'll try my best to get some photos trackside for you all.

Nobody has mentioned it yet (in this thread anyway) but you can listen live at:

http://www.radiolemans.com/

Build up is happening now.👍 Hope you all enjoy the race.

He was on another planet in the 2009 Silverstone 1000km, although last year he had a habit of crashing a bit too much at Le Mans and the LMS.

I'm a big fan of his, though. I have one of his fireproof shirts from Williams framed on my wall (he was test driver in '95) which he signed for me. :)

Boullion was tipped as the French Schumacher of 1995...until he was soundly beaten by Heinz-Harald Frentzen..and that was the end of his career.
Very much like Sebastien Bourdais in many ways.

@race'emhard You do realise it's Larbe Competition right? Not Labarbe. They are a pretty succesful and famous team.

@Duffers917K You do realise it's Larbre Compétition right? Not Labre. They are a pretty successful and famous team. ;)

On topic, this will be a hollow 24 hours for me without my beloved Spyker Squadron to support. That doesn't mean I haven't booked the day off, of course...

Latest Posts

Back