24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
Looks a bit like the normal BBS wheels, just restyled. Aero?

It's actually just a restyled BBS wheels but now it has more flat surface on the face of the wheels. So I think will have an affect of aerodynamics on the car...

I'll correct an earlier comment I made - the OAK LMP2 that DAMS are running will be in the black / pink livery, not Gulf colours as I previosuly stated.

I'm staying at girlfriends tonight and she doesn't have Eurosport 👎

So if anybody finds a good stream of the practice/quali session tonight can you post here please? That way I can check this thread on my phone and watch it like that.

Also if anybody has a YT link for this weeks Le Mans 24 minutes I'd be really grateful of that aswell.

Also if anybody has a YT link for this weeks Le Mans 24 minutes I'd be really grateful of that aswell.

The guy that posted the first episode (linked in my post above) already posted the second, so I think you'll be ok following his YT account! 👍

As for the eurosport streams, you'll find them easily with justin, eplsite or atdhe. Google any of these words and you'll find the streams!

PS - Girlfriend without eurosport? tsc, tsc ;)

I've told her how much of a struggle it's going to be to not stay home and watch tonight :sly:

Anydoy reckon it's worth subscribing to Eurosport player? I might just subscribe for £3.99 just for this month.

EDIT: In my last post I meant tonight's LM 24mins, I watch them live usually on my TV.

radiolemans is broadcasting the buildup to first practise and I already heard the roar of engines :D

EDIT (buildup is a single word, isn't it? :dopey: )

Eurosport player is good, and there's no commentary for this session 👍

Pure engine sounds now blasting through my 5.1

Is anyone getting live timing properly? All I'm getting is a blank page, as if all cars were still in the pits (and can hear they aren't) ... :grumpy:

Wait, is the practise started already? I thought it's about 1 hour and a half from now?

EDIT: Duh, I see it's already started... Anyways, my timing screen is working properly as soon as I enter it.

Last edited:
Looks like the HPD's are still way down on power. Well done ACO for ruining LMP2 and not fixing it in time for Le Mans.

You can subscribe to eurosport player which is what I've done. Don't know about anything else.

Raymond Narac in the IMSA Performance 997 RSR in the wall at the Porsche Curves.

Red Flag.

The AMR-Ones are flying formation. 👍

AMR-One isn't very fast in a straight line :( It's struggling to pass a P2 Oreca.

First speed trap number I've seen: R18 331kph

CRS F430 bounced off the wall before the Ford chicane, nothing too serious though.

I think it was Roger Wills. Probably can't get used to the car after driving umpteen different ones the other weekend :P

JMW 458 with a RR puncture :(

CRS should've brought a McLaren MP4-12C GT and seen how far around the track they could get with it before someone noticed :dopey:

Hopefully the #74 Corvette will be good to go by the time I wake up in 6 hours....

I think it was Roger Wills. Probably can't get used to the car after driving umpteen different ones the other weekend :P

He was always pretty 'active' behind the wheel when he used to run a LC in our series.

The Jota V8 Vantage is doing better than I thought, we'll see if it's more reliable than the V8 Vantage has been in the past.

Its amazing how much faster the Corvette is that the Ford and Lotus GT cars. Anyone know what time qualifying is today? In Pacific time preferably. I can't wait to see Audi and Peugot fight it out for the pole!

It's not just today for quali, it's also tomorrow night aswell.

Interesting how the 2010 (Oreca) 908 still mingles with the works cars.

And - again - it's a shame we don't have Highcroft, first non Peugeot-Audi car is almost 7 seconds adrift (Rebellion Lola/Toyota #13 :cheers: )

I hope Aston Martin is only doing a shakedown because if those cars don't show a lot more speed they won't go anywhere. And they'll be not only crushed by the diesels but also by the Rebellion Toyotas, the Pescarolos and even by last years car now run by Kronos Racing ...

Back