24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
  • 135,386 views
Is punctures common in this event? Or is it just because people are over-driving a little bit TOO hard?

Very common. The gravel in the gravel traps is sharp and cuts tyres and drivers ride the curbs, that weakens the side walls and then it's 200+ mph four times and blown tyre city.
 
Signatech stopped on the side of the road !!!! NOOOOOOOO !!!
 
#26 is out? Saw it parked up in gravel with a puncture... =(
 
NONONO ! Our dear Lucas Ordonez ...........................
NONONONONONONO !!!
 
Eurosport interviewing the man himself, Henri Pescarolo. He should be very glad his team is doing a flawless job, congratulations Henri 👍.

They're talking with Lucas at the moment.
 
Henri Pescarolo is such a great character. Talking about some of the Audi and Peugeot drivers being ex employees of him and thus of course they're great drivers :lol:
 
I hear talk that there were a couple safety cars in the small hours, that true?
 
#26 Signatech back on the road again !
But still far from the pits... :(
 
Lucas being interviewed
 
After the interviewer, Ordonez seems very sad ......................
 
Anyone know the gap between the leader of the GTEPro car and the Corvette?

I know they're on the same lap. And I know they're fighting pretty close and its gonna be interesting to watch it delevop...... But where's the damn gap times?!
 
I swear SPEED's coverage is getting worse as the race goes on.:grumpy:
 
I hear talk that there were a couple safety cars in the small hours, that true?

That true. One of them caused by a Rebellion Toyota which had a crash. Wasn't too heavy, but I believe the car is retired.
 
Where did you get that from?

Edit: Inferno's post about the gap.

Edit 2: Eurosport feed had stopped......oh, its started now. Hello, the....what?! Wow. Seems like Eurosport might have some millisecond delays at times
 
Anyone know the gap between the leader of the GTEPro car and the Corvette?

The timing says about 1'07.xxx... Corvette is still fast while the #51 Ferrari is being nursed home.
 
After the interviewer, Ordonez seems very sad ......................

I would be too. I think the whole crew is, even if you don't win the race as long as you finish, it is all worth it.
 
Didn't the Signatech Nissan have a puncture earlier?

This is the 3rd puncture according to Lucas interviewed on Eurosport.
 
Back