24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
  • 135,364 views
I would be too. I think the whole crew is, even if you don't win the race as long as you finish, it is all worth it.

It would be completely devestating if you broke down a few minutes before the 24 hours is up!
 
It's starting to drizzle at the Mulsanne straight. It was quite heavy at the enterance of the Mulsanne straight... Some more umbrellas being put up around the track.
 
Corvette is seriously catching....4 min and 03 seconds in comparison to 4 mins 10 seconds by the Fezza 458.....Ooooh, enticing prospects! (Lap times)
 
It's not over yet folks! Rain could cause problems if you drive too wild
EDIT: Just as I wrote that 2 LMP cars spin out!
 
Second paced Pug in the pits. Full Service. Pagenaud coming in.

Now that the track is getting wet Audi is showing the advantage it has regarding its higher downforce configuration. Peugeots have been seen since the first lap veery loose. Kronos Lola and Oreca Matmut 908 both have had trouble this lap.
 
Team Oreca 908 crash, lost its engine bay cover. :(
 
Here comes the rain...
 
#73 nearly had an off. I get the feeling it's pushing really hard. Seemed like it was late on the brakes.
 
A couple of cars have gone off. Rain? Pug changes to intermediates.
 
Why is Lucas Ordonez not driving?

Edit: #41 Zytek Nissan in the gravel!
 
#41 went off (LMP2 leader, Greaves Motorsport) ! #26 closing in...! Go Lucas!
 
Greaves car off... has 7 lap lead...
 
#8 Pesky Pug is on the pits. Full Service. Got INTERMEDIATE tyres. Peugeot gave #9 slicks. They're trying something, they're desperate :trouble:.

Who else got scared the hell out of by Eurosport commentator saying "And there goes the LMP1 leader!!! No, LMP2 leader!" grrr....
 
@Submerged - Try this if you want times....

http://www.thomasbaekdal.com/mini-sites/lemans2011/


Got the same one. I'm talking about the gap times in between other racers, not just between 1st place and second place. Because all the other cars are on different laps, the live timing doesn't show you the gaps times between each car in relative to them. Which is what I need to know for the GTEPro cat.....

Curses.... haha.
 
Lol everyone going off now, it's really too bad #26 lost a tyre. It would have been really close now with Greaves coming off
 
Wow this race has had everything!!!

And now the rain is coming
 
Got the same one. I'm talking about the gap times in between other racers, not just between 1st place and second place. Because all the other cars are on different laps, the live timing doesn't show you the gaps times between each car in relative to them. Which is what I need to know for the GTEPro cat.....

Curses.... haha.

Like I said before. Go to http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h-du-mans/live-2011/live-timing.html and select GTE Pro. You can find the gap between the racers in that category
 
Lotterer stays out but he's doing 4 minutes laps.
 
Please, tell me Davidson won't try again to block and harass Lotterer under the excuse of trying to unlap himself.
 
Gotta say those Ferrari 458's look awesome in their LeMans kit
 
Damn #7 car forcing the #2 to cut through the chicane. COME ON AUDI!! :D
 
"He has the major handicap of not being a French team" :lol:. Finally, my side of the world is seeing the sun :).
 
Back