24 Hours of Le Mans

• Thread starter ThatCarGuy
  • 34 comments
United States
Baton Rouge
Alrighty, who is taking this challenge on?

Im getting some of my buddies together, with a drivers schedule to match ACO driver time rules, and we are Twitch streaming the whole race.

Godspeed to you guys. I'm not touching it until mid-session saves are implemented. Knowing my luck, I'd get 20 hours in and my PS4 will overheat, or go into rest mode or something :nervous:

Last edited:
Would love to one day see driver swaps with the AI. This was a great feature of GTR2, although not enough to save that game from being a case of 'so close yet so far'. In a way, I can see a lot of the same concepts in Project CARS, and I'm very excited about it.

Has anyone even read the op? It's gonna be a realtime 24h race and save/pause is out of the question anyways :D

A lot of the responses so far would be a simple "No" without mentioning save/pauses, not trusting a system to run 24 hours solid etc. Seems a bit rude not to elaborate.

I would however, like to check in on that stream if you go ahead with it ThatCarGuy. :cheers:

A lot of the responses so far would be a simple "No" without mentioning save/pauses, not trusting a system to run 24 hours solid etc. Seems a bit rude not to elaborate.

I would however, like to check in on that stream if you go ahead with it ThatCarGuy. :cheers:

I'm on vacation during the LeMans weekend this year, and just like in RL you need a team of at least 3 skilled drivers on the same wheel to make this a fun event for everyone.

We want (well at least 2 of us :D) to meet on Teamspeak, chosse the same class in the race and then go 24h straight (each one offline in his career path). Maybe we need to turn the FFB down a little. I can't drive for more than 2-3 hours because it's pretty heavy in the LeMans cars :D

I did a 5 hrs run in the Sauber C9 yesterday and was super tired afterwards. You really need to drive on the edge to keep the tires on temperature.

Oh yes..especially in LeMans with the long straights it's hard to keep the tires on temp. It's very hard to keep concentrated for such a long time. I remember the times when I did the Nürburgring 24h race in Gt5...the hardest part on the 12h stints was not to quit because it was so boring, even though I chose a car a with 600PP

Oh yes..especially in LeMans with the long straights it's hard to keep the tires on temp. It's very hard to keep concentrated for such a long time. I remember the times when I did the Nürburgring 24h race in Gt5...the hardest part on the 12h stints was not to quit because it was so boring, even though I chose a car a with 600PP
I drove the grp 5 around Monza in the wet. It's a similar experience. You got to try a keep the the turbo spooled, the car in the right direction and not hit any ai 20 laps was enough for me. But I have to say the historics for me are more fun than most of the modern cars.

Something I really am looking forward to doing in real time, I did these 24 hour events in GT5 before the gamesave came out by pausing game. The last time I did it in real time non stop 24 hour hour pulling onto the grass when eating and making drinks, Crikey was I tired when finished but the feeling of doing this was great. Cannot wait for these events in Pcars.

Back in the day, I would run my fat PS3 for days and days non stop with the remote B-spec grinder widget (link).
Retrospectively, I would not do it again. Not for fear for my equipment, but to protest about the silliness of the playing model.

Back in the day, I would run my fat PS3 for days and days non stop with the remote B-spec grinder widget (link).
Retrospectively, I would not do it again. Not for fear for my equipment, but to protest about the silliness of the playing model.

I did too. I wonder what the cost was of electricity that remote bspec consumed both individually and worldwide.

Back on topic, I'm quite tempted to try that one day (that should go down well with my wife!! :D).
To be practical, one would need to know a bit in advance when they'd be thrown back in the driving seat, so I'm curious to find out how that's going to work...

The annual online Nurburgring 24 hour race took place a week or so ago in GT6. I know this because some of the Australian based members of CRAP won it and won't stop talking about it ;(

They all did it from one member's house competing against other teams around the world. It's certainly possible with the right sort of planning and coordination (even on PS3/PSN). It's something I'll never do personally as I dislike the Nordschleife as a race track and it's not conducive to a happy wife and children! I'm sure I'll do the offline Le Mans though. The main obstacle will be while paused keeping my toddler's hands away from the power and eject buttons (better hidden on the PS4).

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many 24 hour races will be part of the career? I'm planning on making a 100% time run and I want to do a few of these. Apart from Le Mans, Bathurst and Nurburgring, Are there any others like Spa, Daytona (when it comes out) and others?

Alrighty, who is taking this challenge on?

Im getting some of my buddies together, with a drivers schedule to match ACO
driver time rules, and we are Twitch streaming the whole race
Do you mean you're intending to run your virtual LM24 alongside the real one in June?

Hopefully it'll be released by then :D

I did a 5 hrs run in the Sauber C9 yesterday and was super tired afterwards. You really need to drive on the edge to keep the tires on temperature.
I assume so, but have to ask...is tire wear akin to real life where one might do triple stints on tires, only pitting for fuel?

Back