24 Hours of Nürburgring - June 21st-22nd 2014

  • Thread starter Thread starter GranTurismo916
  • 938 comments
  • 49,236 views
Heidfeld racing with Ordonez in the GTR is making the Heidfeld to Nissan P1 rumors look really good. He seams like a sure bet now. It should be a good race, pity the coverage is almost no-existent. Were there any reliable streams last year?
 
Last year I think was the best to date in terms of coverage, but that was because it was pushed a day back from normal times. If I remember correctly, it was track cams during the day and night at the start/finish straight, then onboards at night. With amazing coverage from RLM of course.
 
The Nurburgring 24 is not the Nurburgring 24 until it rains. Last year it rained too much, lest see how the clouds roll out this year.
 
No TV coverage as usual right? *sigh* when will 24H of N be popular enough for coverage? :c
 
No TV coverage as usual right? *sigh* when will 24H of N be popular enough for coverage? :c

You think the Nur24 is low enough for mere televisions to cover? Looks like you need to purchase a hologram generator.
 
Last year I think was the best to date in terms of coverage, but that was because it was pushed a day back from normal times. If I remember correctly, it was track cams during the day and night at the start/finish straight, then onboards at night. With amazing coverage from RLM of course.

Though the trackarea is so big, you hardly get any coverage through night time, even onboards are rare.

Germanys "Sport1" starts the broadcast on thursday 19th with qualifying.
 
It is live streamed on the official N24 site.

It takes the Sport1 feed. It goes to static cams once the Sport1 camera people leave for the evening and then resumes in the morning.

Radio Le Mans does round the clock Audio commentary.

There should be an excellent marketing opportunity for manufacturers/sponsors with onboard cameras at night but the terms of participation preclude this as an option. I don't know if this has changed this year.
 
This is how I'm going to do it, only difference is a laptop to the left.
Audi+live feed+gps(if it's avaiable at all)+RLM+RLMforums+GTPforums+timing and scoring.
(sorry about the mess)


DSC_2730.jpg
 
Time to place the bets? :p
I say aMcLaren will run in the front for a good while, not sure if it will win it... Maybe Mercdes will be a better bet, we'll see!
 
There should be an excellent marketing opportunity for manufacturers/sponsors with onboard cameras at night but the terms of participation preclude this as an option. I don't know if this has changed this year.

The onboard camera signals are to weak, so the broadcast would interrupt frequently. When i recall correct, there was once said, that the helicopters relay the camera signals during the day.

In Le Mans, the trackarea is smaller, so they can broadcast onboard with nearly no problems.
 
Hey all,

unfortunately I'm not racing the 24h nurburgring this year as I'm racing the Porsche Super Cup & the Porsche Carrera Cup this year. Coming weekend is the Formula 1 race in Austria so the Super Cup is racing there as well :)
Well you can't really be dissapointed about that right?? Good stuff Chris, have a blast and smoke them all!!
 
This is how I'm going to do it, only difference is a laptop to the left.
Audi+live feed+gps(if it's avaiable at all)+RLM+RLMforums+GTPforums+timing and scoring.
(sorry about the mess)

(Tri-Screen setup)

You need more screens, and a Google glass showing more info. :p
 
VLN Qualifying-Race for 24h........ 'Chasing a Lexus LFA!' :drool:

 
Free practice started. The Nismo stream seems to be the only one working.

Krumm is getting warmed up.
 
Man! this is going to be good. Last weekend was Le Mans and now the most dangerous battle on the tightest road in the world. I hope you guys caught up on your sleep this week.... its going to be another long weekend. :p:tup:
 
Free practice finished. #80 on P3 with a 8'27.238 (Heidfeld, Buncombe, Ordonez, Strauss)
 
Just noticed Chris Harris is in the race as well. #100 Aston Martin.

Also, #24 Nissan GT-R off in quali, car is quite damaged. It is the car Kaz is driving.
 
Looks like the Schultze GTR featuring Kaz had a rather nasty accident. Front right tyre missing and a pretty banged up left side. I hope they get the car back in shape by tomorrow.
 
#152 Clio Cup car with an off.
 
Back