24 Hours of Nurburgring - Best Car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GhostBoy
  • 87 comments
  • 8,256 views
Messages
247
Messages
Downtownazz
Hello guys. As I've recently done a Le Mans 24 Hour race, I really want to try my chances on Nurburgring as well. I am near the end to achieving last trophy and platinum for this game, and 24 Hours of Nurburgring is the only race left to get 100% in game completion. I want to make this somewhat of a challenge. I've heard people drive a R35 TC, and it works wonders, but I also heard that for decent drivers it's too easy with this car and you still win by a big time gap.
I want something harder. This would exclude the Chevy RM, Super GT500 cars as they're not really my type, and standards. For some reason I feel like they're pretty much trash when I drive them, and don't care about them as much as premiums. I'd like a car that's easy to handle. I don't have the TC pack yet, but I'll get one before I run 24 Hours of Nurburgring. I'm thinking about R32 TC, as it's beautiful, but I've heard that this thing doesn't have the best handling. Or should I choose that R35 TC and forget about it? I don't want to really :/. I want it to be a challenge, but with a little room for mistakes, because they happen to everybody. Any opinions on which car should I choose?
 
What about an old race car.
 
That would be a big challenge or what about a fast supercar.
 
That would be a big challenge or what about a fast supercar.

I don't think I could keep the pace, as I would be burning the tires ultimately fast and probably crashing alot :D I don't like their handling at all. Fast supercar is no challenge, I did Le Mans in a 908 and I was leading the hole race from the first corner. :D

Why PD didn't add nowadays GT class cars, like E92 GT2, or Z4 GT3, or SLS AMG GT3... And why Porsche AG is being so selfish with the licence - I really hate the fact that we have no Porsches, especially 997 GT3 RSR... And the fact that they didn't let a team of modders release 997 GT3 Cup mod for rF..
 
What about a stock nissan gtr.
 
What about a stock nissan gtr.

Fully stock wouldn't beat the LMP class cars, and fully tuned... Well, TC is better then. :D I really don't want to race R35... Maybe GTA edition, but still...
 
You could try an audi rs6 avant that would be funny to see and it mite be more challenging.
 
Go with the SLS AMG. :D

Or maybe on of the 24hr Nurb Skylines.
 
Go with the SLS AMG. :D

Or maybe on of the 24hr Nurb Skylines.

It's a pity we don't have SLS GT3... I think that I'll be forced to go with a GT-R... Man :/.
 
Use Citroen GT or Ford GT Spec II from Gran Turismo.
 
You could also try either one of the Premium McLaren cars.
 
This is a tricky one because if the race is too tight, you might not win. What about a strategy that you can tweak if things go wrong?

You could take a stock LMP, detune it and stick RH tires on, ABS 0 - then run the race for a few laps to see what time the rabbit is doing and adjust the engine to match. Then, if things get too tight in the race, at least you can stick on RS/RM, ABS 1 and start sticking in some hot laps.

The DLC Jaguar XJR9 is a lovely thing to pilot!

The last thing I'd want is to be on hour 22 in 2nd place and no way of securing the win - having not already won it for the gold and the trophy, that would hurt.

And if you persever with ABS 0 for 24 hrs, then at least that's another element of GT5 learnt:tup:

And don't forget to map the RA buttons so that you can adjust ABS and TC mid race.
 
LMPs are the cars I wouldn't like to race at all, forgot to mention it in the OP. What about HSV? Is that thing good? I know I said no Super GT, but this car might be the only one Super GT I like.
ABS shouldn't be the problem, 'cause I'm that kind of guy who doesn't like to push very much. I'd rather have a safe and clean ride than pushing like crazy, if not required (lap times would differ about 10 secs when not pushing, I think) :D so I'm being gentle with the brakes.
I have already won this race in B-Spec which means that this is only going for 100% :D, but gold is required I guess.
Thank you very much for the suggestion and tips! I should really map a button for TC - I know DFGT has it by default. Hoping to see more opinions as well :).
 
The HSV is great, I'd like to give that a go myself - may have to test it to see if it's up for the job:tup: Also, what about the Zonda R 09 or one of the RM Vettes?
 
The HSV is great, I'd like to give that a go myself - may have to test it to see if it's up for the job:tup: Also, what about the Zonda R 09 or one of the RM Vettes?

I don't like RM vette at all, even though it has great handling. Zondas are standard :(. I'm like a child, I don't want to do it with a stadard car :(.
 
The Zonda R is a premium from the Dealership:tup: Great car!
 
I did it in a Nissan GT-R R35 TC, set it up for the track and it was handling beautifully. I had no problems with that car at all.
 
I did it in a Nissan GT-R R35 TC, set it up for the track and it was handling beautifully. I had no problems with that car at all.

Been thinking about using the GT-R R35 myself.:)
Can you remember roughly what lap time you were doing in the dry? And how far ahead did you win by?
 
Oh right, forgot about that Zonda.. :D it's too much if a beast to me :D
 
Been thinking about using the GT-R R35 myself.:)
Can you remember roughly what lap time you were doing in the dry? And how far ahead did you win by?

Actually, I wrote it down somewhere. I did it last summer, so the tire wear wasn't updated yet and I had to go with RH all the time. I think they were worn out after 3 laps, so I didn't have much time for posting a row of good laps.

Alright, after minutes of searching I found the sheet now.

All with Racing Hard tires, respectively rain tires:

day/dry 7:29,809
night/dry ~7:50
day/wet ~8:30
night/wet ~8:45

I think I finished a couple of laps ahead of the 2nd place finisher. Remember that there are LMP cars participating, so the Nissan is a pretty good car to use.


Edit:
What tires?

Racing hards.
 
If I remember the thread correctly, the GT-R 35 was chosen as an example and it was more down to the race physics not letting the LMPs get far enough ahead due to the pit strategy of the player.
 
I have a thread in the race reports. As recently just did it and 24hrs all dry. It will give you an idea of the pace you need to do if you choose to race against the two quickest opposition, the Audi R8 RC and Audi R8 RC (Playstation). From a pre-race test it basically means once it rains it means you've won...

I did it with a stock Nissan GT-R R35 TC, only change I did was change it's top speed so it hit 322km/h at top of hill on straight.
 
I have a thread in the race reports. As recently just did it and 24hrs all dry. It will give you an idea of the pace you need to do if you choose to race against the two quickest opposition, the Audi R8 RC and Audi R8 RC (Playstation). From a pre-race test it basically means once it rains it means you've won...

I did it with a stock Nissan GT-R R35 TC, only change I did was change it's top speed so it hit 322km/h at top of hill on straight.

I've read your thread, it was pretty interesting. I think I'll have to use either R35 TC or HSV. Any information on HSV's tire wear? Do front tires get wasted faster? :)
 
Sorry I can't remember which tyres last longest, but something tells me that the front wore quicker on the R35 TC, however using RM's on them would've evened it out a little.

Didn't trial the HSV as I'm to lazy to tune a car for the track, I pick something standard that still provides a good challenge. However I don't think it will have enough standard PP to compete in the dry (unless you're perfect every lap), however you could always start in the wet and try hold on if it dries... they'll catch quick though...
 
Back