24 Hours of Nurburgring - Best Car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GhostBoy
  • 87 comments
  • 8,257 views
I used the Nissan GT-R R35 TC. Car handles really well and really enjoyed the drive. If you're looking for a car thats easy to drive and is more than capable of winning, this is the car to use. Handles really well in the rain also.
 
A maxed out RX7 TC would be a blast.
 
What about a stock nissan gtr.

You are joking of course, or are you Lewis Hamilton. As stated you are up against Group C and LMP cars, I know th AI are not to quick but the night time is where they lap very constistantly at around 8:15 per lap if I remember correctly.

OP for a very close race try a fully tuned GT500, The DLC Honda is good on the ring as is the faster GT-R stealth if you have them, If not any of the GT500 08 GT-Rs will be fine if your capable.
 
Thank you all! It is HSV or R35 TC then. :)
 
Riding shotgun with Sabine Schmitz no matter what car.

That's the way round my friends.
 
Mysteriously PSN loves me very much and won't let me buy DLCs :D "The funds could not be added to your wallet (56)". Wat do ?
 
I used Kaz's Schulz GT-R and won!*
It was edge of your seat driving as I was up against Audi R10's and other strong le mann cars, I managed to get a good lead only because of hours of heavy rain (ran on inters) and gained 30 to 40 sec a lap but when it did stop raining I was losing 30 to 40 sec a lap!*

I only just won it, but I really enjoyed using my DFGT with ALL aids OFF and a normal GT500 type car instead of using over powered guaranteed to win car ('cough cough' X2010's)
 
Hope it's ok to shine in with a question.
I'm planning on doing this soon.

Which is the fastest Nissan GT-R?

I'm a pretty poor driver, took 10-12 times for example to win one of the laps at the new Seasonal with the HSV at 600pp.

Would the new GT-R dlc (Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12) do it for me?
 
I used the Nomad Diablo, awesome fun!
 
Hope it's ok to shine in with a question.
I'm planning on doing this soon.

Which is the fastest Nissan GT-R?

I'm a pretty poor driver, took 10-12 times for example to win one of the laps at the new Seasonal with the HSV at 600pp.

Would the new GT-R dlc (Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12) do it for me?

If you're
a pretty poor driver
, then run it in a LMP. You need to have almost perfect laps with some of these cars to win.
 
Why not just use the X1 or Formula GT if you're just interested in getting the gold trophy? It's cheap, but winning is winning, regardless of what car you use.
 
Why not just use the X1 or Formula GT if you're just interested in getting the gold trophy? It's cheap, but winning is winning, regardless of what car you use.
Some people want a challenge too. ;)
 
Why not just use the X1 or Formula GT if you're just interested in getting the gold trophy? It's cheap, but winning is winning, regardless of what car you use.

'cause it's boring to do it in a overpowered car, and time spent feels longer than it would be with a competition.

I'm using R35 TC. Curse PSN for their crappy store service, couldn't buy a HSV. Bough AE DLC pack from some guy off eBay. My R35 TC has like 520hp only and I gave spinned out numerous times already, and still gaining 70+ seconds a lap. So in dry it would probably be 10-20 secs. And like I thought before, there is nothing special about this car. It has normal handling, not some ultra omg cool handling everyone says it gas. I feel much more comfortable driving my CUSCO GT300 Impreza, than R35. :/

Oh and if anyone is interested, I have a thread for this race in Race Reports section.
 
Why not just use the X1 or Formula GT if you're just interested in getting the gold trophy? It's cheap, but winning is winning, regardless of what car you use.

Because:

The X1: requires incredible concentration and is really really hard to drive

FGT: Has no headlights, so really hard to drive at night in the woods.
 
Unless you plan to play for 1-2 hours a day, doing the race in a X1 will drive you insane, I can guarantee that.

Concentration and skills aside, blasting through so narrow track in that car feels more like playing Wipeout... at night. In the Zone Mode. At supersonic speed. While being drunk. At a very loud party.

It's horrible.
 
Unless you plan to play for 1-2 hours a day, doing the race in a X1 will drive you insane, I can guarantee that.

Concentration and skills aside, blasting through so narrow track in that car feels more like playing Wipeout... at night. In the Zone Mode. At supersonic speed. While being drunk. At a very loud party.

It's horrible.

Yeah, I'd use the X1 for Le Mans, but the nurb? Heck no!
 
rzeosz
. At supersonic speed. While being drunk. At a very loud party.

It's horrible.

That actually sounds pretty awesome...haha.
 
Sorry I can't remember which tyres last longest, but something tells me that the front wore quicker on the R35 TC, however using RM's on them would've evened it out a little.

Ah yes, I remember. I slightly tweaked the drivetrain and suspension setup for that.
 
JJSCHMITTY2000
Yeah, I'd use the X1 for Le Mans, but the nurb? Heck no!

Don't use the X1 you'll ruin your experience. Use normal cars even if it'll take days I used the X1 in my first go and I regretted it.
 
Okay so from my current experience, R35 is an autowin if it rains. It's been raining for 8 hours now and I have a 6 or 7 lap lead. Real challenge would be using ~580 PP car. Now it's just plain boring, and my car has 615pp. I didn't want to risk it, but weather overdid it. Next time I'll use R32 TC with clutch/h shifter.
 
I used the Mazda Furai in both 24h races. It has a lot less power than the LMP cars (like 510 or something) so it lacks the top speed they have, but it also has much less weight so it compensates with acceleration and cornering. It's also fairly easy on the tires.
 
Try the Jaguar XJ13 with High Turbo and soft suspension. It's a dream to drive on the ring.
 
I'm planning on giving this race a go with either the Mazda787B or the BMW Mclaren F1.
 
GoodFella
I'm planning on giving this race a go with either the Mazda787B or the BMW Mclaren F1.

I'd rather use the 787b than the McLaren F1 because of its sound and its premium.
 
Okay so from my current experience, R35 is an autowin if it rains. It's been raining for 8 hours now and I have a 6 or 7 lap lead. Real challenge would be using ~580 PP car. Now it's just plain boring, and my car has 615pp. I didn't want to risk it, but weather overdid it. Next time I'll use R32 TC with clutch/h shifter.

You could try using the same tires as the AI does in the rain, might not be quite as automatic a win then.


I'm planning on giving this race a go with either the Mazda787B or the BMW Mclaren F1.

I used the 787B on Sports Softs with 200kg ballast. No aids, cockpit, checked HUD info at the end of every stint. Was good fun and I had a great race. I'm sure an expert would have been bored as the speed was there, but it was a bit tough to keep settled which when combined with the issues that arise when doing a 24 hour race in 3 days while occasionally drinking made it perfect for me. If I did my best all race I'd have lapped them all once but as it was I spent half the race falling 3:30 behind and the other half catching up.

*This was back when tires only lasted 3-4 laps.
 
At least you had a good race. :D I tried Wets, less traction, but AI are still driving worse than me, way worse.. Only 5 hours to go, though. Next time I'm doing this - I won't be doing it for a win, but for real fun, not some rain parade.
 
At least you had a good race. :D I tried Wets, less traction, but AI are still driving worse than me, way worse.. Only 5 hours to go, though. Next time I'm doing this - I won't be doing it for a win, but for real fun, not some rain parade.

Interesting. When I used full wets at Le Mans it was all I could do to keep up with them and their tires outlasted mine, but I could demolish them on inters. Many times people claim they are terrible in the rain but then it turns out were racing with low grip reduction(A-Spec/Seasonals) on racing softs or intermediates while the AI is on full wets. Of course, the bots are much much worse at driving the Ring in general so that won't help them.

It rained steadily for a full hour in my Ring-24 but somehow the water level never rose above zero and never affected things except to make dawn a very blah and boring view. Just as well, since rain completely ruins any sort of balance you have with the AI, and would have in my view cheapened the eventual victory.
 
I don't know. I did a lap with wets and with 3 spin outs I managed to lap 2 or 3 cars... Didn't check the grip reducyion, though I've heard people complaining that you can't change grip on endurance races. Well, I'll check it after I complete it.
 
What AI cars do u wanna avoid?
How fast is the slowest leading AI car?
Wanna know what i have to pull off to win
 
Back