24 hrs Le Mans Enduro

  • Thread starter Thread starter sumbrownkid
  • 8 comments
  • 758 views
Messages
9,097
United States
Murica
Messages
BasedAckbar
I want do this enduro in my CLK-LM with stage 3 turbo, and I'm going to do it with my DS3 (don't have a wheel).

Any suggestions to maintain concentration?
 
Do a few dry runs especially the night sections so you are aware of your cars lighting, you may need to alter the suspension to get main to light the road up properley, If you dont get it perfect dont worry you can change the screen settings in the mini menu in race, its the EV settings.
Dont try that extre lap thinking your tyres will last, they wont and you will have a nightmare getting back to pits, again start the race and do enough laps to get a feel for it and see how long your tyres last.
There are loads of other things and im sure some guys will put down on here.

Have a good time and enjoy it, I did and ive done 5 now.
 
Get some sleep before doing it. Planned it out, are you doing it straight 24hours? or 2days (12 hrs/day), 3 days (8hrs)... and so forth. Actually it is easy once you're in the race even without a wheel, the AI cars are slow but i suggest get a Premium real Le mans car similar to your competition as the Standard car you'll get bored IMO - (Cockpit view not on standard). Get a wheel you'll have more fun. Don't ever use an X1 that's for lame drivers - you have reach this far already and be man in the 40/40club. Good luck.
 
Do a few dry runs especially the night sections so you are aware of your cars lighting, you may need to alter the suspension to get main to light the road up properley, If you dont get it perfect dont worry you can change the screen settings in the mini menu in race, its the EV settings.
Dont try that extre lap thinking your tyres will last, they wont and you will have a nightmare getting back to pits, again start the race and do enough laps to get a feel for it and see how long your tyres last.
There are loads of other things and im sure some guys will put down on here.

Have a good time and enjoy it, I did and ive done 5 now.

I've tested the CLK-LM a few times last night, and in the dry it could do 8 solid laps on softs, while the 9th is good until I get to the Porsche curves...In the wet though it can pull 12 laps, though the tank is literally on fumes before entering the pit.

I'll take up your EV settings hint.👍
 
Get some sleep before doing it. Planned it out, are you doing it straight 24hours? or 2days (12 hrs/day), 3 days (8hrs)... and so forth. Actually it is easy once you're in the race even without a wheel, the AI cars are slow but i suggest get a Premium real Le mans car similar to your competition as the Standard car you'll get bored IMO - (Cockpit view not on standard). Get a wheel you'll have more fun. Don't ever use an X1 that's for lame drivers - you have reach this far already and be man in the 40/40club. Good luck.

I was thinking about using the Pug or the Mazda, but the Mercedes presented a good challenge for me as it had the same relative speeds on the straights as the AI, and it was down on power and heavier on the weight scale.

I'm planning to do as much as possible when I start the race, but it will eventually be raced in pieces if I have to.
 
Difficult in a standard car because the headlights suck... turn up the brightness on your TV or use a premium car?

Try using a R10 TDi? Less power than the 908 HDi and Audi R8s.
 
^Yeah I know, but then I got used to not seeing much at night, and I made a lot of reference points to know when to start braking.

Anyway. Thanks for the input guys.👍

I'm going to start this enduro tonight as the Sun glare wouldn't be on my TV by then.
 
Back